X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • betchaimight
    • Mar 2008

Who do you use...

to print your pages off. I tried to upload mine to costco and it keeps telling me that the resolution that I have the pages set at is not recommended. I have tried 200dpi and 300dpi at almost every page size available. I really just want to upload them as 8x8 but have them printed off on 8x10 paper and I would just trim them, but when I preview they are always blurry. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks
    Amanda
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Do You Have A Printer? It took me awhile to be convinced but was finally convinced to print my own (8x8) from home. I have also printed 8x10's to have framed etc. I have an HP all in one printer and am very happy with the end results. Just trim the excess off from the 8.5 x 11. I figured out that it is costing me about $0.70 per layout to print. I always look for the paper and the ink on sale.
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• KBPrims
      • Mar 2008

Thats been the whole reason I haven't got into digi scraping sooner. I never knew who or how the best way to print the pages off. I also have aHP all in one printer so I will have to try that. What does everyone else use?

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

Originally posted by KBPrims View Post
        Thats been the whole reason I haven't got into digi scraping sooner. I never knew who or how the best way to print the pages off. I also have aHP all in one printer so I will have to try that. What does everyone else use?
        Everyone does different things! It's a matter of personal choice. I also do hard back books! I really like those too! What I am doing is printing individual prints 8x8 for those couple page layouts. When I have a big event (i.e. Family Christmas, Wedding etc.) then I do the books.

I know some on here do their layouts in chronological order (by dates) and save them until they have about a half a year or name them by the season (Winter 08, Spring 08, etc. ) then publish books in volumns.
        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

I have an HP Printer and I use Matt Premium Presentation Paper. The layouts print out very clear. I use to use the glossy, but I think that the Matt prints clearer. I still use glossy on my 4 x 6 pictures if I print them myself.
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Desmond
            Resident Geek
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by betchaimight View Post
            I really just want to upload them as 8x8 but have them printed off on 8x10 paper and I would just trim them, but when I preview they are always blurry. Anyone have any suggestions??
            Hello,

The statement about 'blurry' above concerns me -- is this how your page shows in an 'online preview', or have you actually ordered?

a 200 dpi project should print out quite crisp -- just make sure when you're outputting your images, you choose the largest size and best quality (see attachment). If you do that, and submit those JPEG's to a printer, you should be quite satisfied with the quality.

Desmond.
            Attached Files
            |

Comment

• LSignal
              • Jul 2007

Costco

I use Costco to print most of my pages. I usually print at 300 but sometimes 200. The only time that I get that warning is if the actual photograph that I used in the LO was of a low resolution. Recently, I printed out a page, anyway, that had that warning and it looked fine. Are you using some freebie kits/embellishments? Maybe they are of a low resolution. Occasionally, freebie embellishments come out blurry. Sometimes freebies are screen resolution, only. If you can risk the cost of the print, maybe just try printing it anyway and see what happens.
              Linda
              My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Comment

• betchaimight
                • Mar 2008

Thanks for the responses, I figured out the blurry part, but now my only problem is that they crop them and I lose part of the layout. I have them set at 8x8 pages and I wanted them printed off on 8x10 pages, if you have any suggestions that way, it would be great!!

Thanks Amanda

Comment

• KPierce
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2007

Thanks for the responses, I figured out the blurry part, but now my only problem is that they crop them and I lose part of the layout. I have them set at 8x8 pages and I wanted them printed off on 8x10 pages, if you have any suggestions that way, it would be great!!

Thanks Amanda
                  If you want your print to be 8 x 10 you need to set your page size layout to 8 x 10 otherwise it will not work/look properly <aspect ratio etc>. You can go to the page settings size and set the size to be anything you want. I use 11 x 8.5 and print on a Canon printer borderless so I don't have white edges. They print beautifully. I love the no white edges look and I also love not having to cut off any edges. I really like the 11 x 8.5 paper size. It is easy to print and easy to hold and easy to find albums and supplies. Perfection. <MY opinion of course>
                  My buddy is GrannyWin.
                  My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• KPierce
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2007

Regarding blurry...

In case anyone else has this problem, I have learned in my case to zoom a page to "full size" before I print to check for blurry pictures. I usually found the blurry print was actually a blurry picture that I cropped too much or made to large for my image resolution and the picture actually looks blurry on my screen if I zoom to full size. I don't notice the blurriness of the picture unless I go to that zoom level so I always do this before I print.
                    My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• betchaimight
                      • Mar 2008

Thanks for the reply's again...I decided to try and print them on my own printer and they turned out great...I was able to leave them at the 8x8 size and printed them off on 8.5x11 paper and then just trimmed them down. Thanks for the advice again
                      Amanda

Comment

• KPierce
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2007

Thanks for the reply's again...I decided to try and print them on my own printer and they turned out great...I was able to leave them at the 8x8 size and printed them off on 8.5x11 paper and then just trimmed them down. Thanks for the advice again
                        Amanda
                        I do like the 8 x 8 size for printing as well--looks scrappy. I just prefer not to have to trim the page down so I use the 11 x 8.5 borderless. The less I have to do the better. That leave me more time for scrapping and it takes me a while. I am a slow scrapper but I do enjoy trying.
                        My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

I've been printing mine for ages - I always check the Sunday paper ads for photo paper on sale - usually it's buy one, get one free. This really saves a lot of money. Also, I've found that you don't need to print them out at "best" quality. Normal quality seems to look really good. I have been using glossy paper because that's the one that's usually on sale, but now I want to try matte paper! Hope you get good results!

If you want a book - try Shutterfly. Their quality is really good - just make sure you don't have anything important on the edges of your layouts!! I learned that the hard way! The book is great but some borders and journaling were too close to the edge!
                          Julie

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2008

I use HP printer too. Pretty happy with the result.
                            sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

Working...
                            X