X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee
    • Jun 2006

Congratulations

My wife and I introduced SBM at Scrapbook Expo in San Diego this past weekend. Having spent over 35 years in the high tech industry, I assumed everyone was like you on this forum - technologically capable. I was blown away by the depth of technological illiteracy. There were many people who had no clue what digital scrapbooking (DSB) comprised.

Those who had heard of DSB mostly started with Adobe Photoshop Elements or, even, CS2. Understandably, these people were thoroughly confused.

The point of this post is to tell everyone on this forum that you are on the leading edge of technology. You will be the "gurus" of DSB of the future. Your interest in newer, better ways to accomplish what has traditionally been a very labor intensive hobby will be the foundation upon which late-adaptors will build their experience and skills. Give yourselves a "pat on the back" for being well ahead of the pack.

We will be introducing on-line classes for SBM in the near future. This will allow even the newest "newbie" to get up-to-speed with a short session beamed directly to their PC. The major advantage of this technology is that it is live and interactive. Instead of a "canned" presentation, you will be able to ask questions and receive answers during the session. If you're interested in a demo of this technology, please send me an e-mail with "Webcast Demo" in the Subject line. Thanks.

Lee Otsubo
    Digital Photography Hints, Tips & Musings
    Lee Otsubo
    The Digital Photo Guy

30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001
  • Corey
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2006

Awesome Lee. Just awesome!
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

How true!

Hi Lee,

I, too, tried Photoshop Elements 2, 3, and 4 and finally gave up! They were way too confusing and turned a hobby into a chore!

This SBM program makes digital scrapbooking fun - I still have a lot to learn but the learning curve is kinder!

Most scrapbookers I talk to don't do any digital scrapbooking at all. They have been scared away by the programs. I am going to recommend this program as a good way to "digiscrap" which is a good start for beginners. You can combine the traditional and the digital while you test the waters!
      Julie

Comment

• Kazr
        Layout Whiz
        • Mar 2006

MaggieMae
        hi there, I agree with you 100%, I was also totally confused with digital scrapping, until I discovered SBM, my Dad tried to explain Photoshop Elements to me, & finally gave up, LOL, this is such a wonderful & easy program, I highly recommed it to any newbies plus the more proficient digital scrappers.It is such a pleasure to know in only a short time you can see dramatic results & share with others in your creations

Lee
        Brilliant work, you also get a pat on the back,we appreciate all the efforts of everyone on the SBM team, well done !

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Dsb

I have been using Microsoft Digital Image Suite and it is not that it was difficult, but it was just not as much fun as Scrapbook Max!

Marion

Comment

• Karin
            • Jan 2006

That's exciting news, Lee. We are all proud of our kinder, gentler approach! And, as everyone keeps pointing out - it's fun!

Karin

Comment

• Lee
              • Jun 2006

Hi All,

I think you've hit the nail on the head. SBM is FUN!

As a professional photographer, I use Photoshop on a daily basis but I wouldn't call it "fun". It's just a tool for getting my work done. It's no more "fun" than MS Word or Excel. My wife has been trying to learn PSE but it's driving her crazy. Normal people just don't think in PS terminology. She's the one who found SBM and immediately recognized it's potential.

The one thing that seemed to resonante with many traditional scrappers is that it's not "all or nothing". A hybrid approach, where you use SBM for the basic LO and then add special, traditional embellishments for texture and depth, can be the best way to get into digital.

We're in discussions with several SB stores in SoCal to conduct SBM classes via the Internet. Our pitch is that they can invite a group of scrappers to their store and I conduct a "virtual" class from my office. If your local retailer might be interested and has an Internet connection, encourage them to contact me for details.

Lee
              Digital Photography Hints, Tips & Musings
              Lee Otsubo
              The Digital Photo Guy

30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

Comment

Working...
              X