• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Challenge (Oct. 20-31, '09): Breast Cancer Awareness with random drawing

[Please read completely through all information and instructions.]

Wow! Look at this! Another challenge in which you can participate!

AND!

This challenge will conclude with a RANDOM DRAWING for a FREE copy of the NEW Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 software by electronic download. Scrapbook MAX! is the fastest, most creative digital scrapbooking software program available! Or, if you already have Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, you can win your choice of one Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 Expansion Pack: either "Bundle of Joy" or "Back To School" by electronic download!

The winner of the RANDOM DRAWING for this challenge will be contacted by a Scrapbook MAX! forum moderator with instructions for receiving an electronic download of Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 software + the Life Is Beautiful expansion pack (or one of our Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 expansion packs). Please note that participants who have won in the last two months are not eligible for a prize.

Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or taxed. Prizes must be accepted as awarded (no cash value). Electronic download delivery only. The decision of the moderator is final.

BONUS: If we have a MINIMUM of FIFTY (50) PARTICIPANTS in this challenge, the RANDOM DRAWING will be for TWO (2) WINNERS (of those who have NOT previously won in the past two months).

Now for the challenge!

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS CHALLENGE
    October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Challenge runs from October 20, 2009 through MIDNIGHT on October 31, 2009, Central Time, Kansas, USA. NO EXCEPTIONS. You MUSTWITHIN THE CHALLENGE TIME FRAME to be eliglible for the RANDOM DRAWING as stated above. Participants may post any amount of layouts in the challenge thread, but the participant's NAME is entered ONLY ONCE into the RANDOM DRAWING. Of course, we hope to have hundreds of members participate, and numerous layouts to admire -- especially for a challenge with such a worthy cause!!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and as some of you know, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 40 years old; after more than a year of struggling with its horrible effects as it spread throughout her body, she died only three weeks shy of her 42nd birthday... that was in 1971 when I was 14 years old. Obviously, this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. More so now that my wonderful stepmom was diagnosed just last week with a malignant lump in her breast. The technologies of today are much better than they were 38 years ago, so my stepmom has a much higher chance of survival.

For this challenge, I have provided a set of freebies (preview below) for you to make layouts using the Breast Cancer Awareness theme. There are four (4) zip files (I got carried away making these for you, so the end result was 15Mb of goodies that I had to divide up into smaller uploads! LOL!). Download all of the files, and extract them to a folder of your choice. I have also provided a color pallette (right-click on the image and save to your folder with the freebies)... I used this color pallette in the making of the freebies. You will see that I've made PINK and BLUE in the freebie set. Everyone, please feel free to use ANY color combination of these that you want -- they all work together. And I know we have men out there, and men DO get breast cancer, so that was my original intent with the addition of blue (although many men look GREAT in pink!). Maybe some of our scrappin' men here on SBM will make some layouts with the men's breast cancer theme.

In the making of your layout:
    1. You MUST use the PINK RIBBON from the freebies in your layout. (The text that is seen on the pink ribbon in the preview image below is NOT on the actual freebie image.)
    2. You MUST use at least TWO (2) OTHER ITEMS from the freebies in your layout.
    2. You do NOT have to use the color pallette when making your layout, but it is included for your convenience if you want to do so.
    4. You MUST include at least ONE (1) FACT about breast cancer in your layout. To help you with this, here are the top three websites with information about breast cancer that will be helpful to you:
    5. UPLOAD your finished layout to the Gallery in the "Weekly Challenges" section (look under "Design Team Challenges"), then return to THIS THREAD and post the LINKED IMAGE. You can find the "Linked Image" code on your layout page under "Additional Info."

You MAY resize, crop, recolor, etc., any freebie WITHIN the Scrapbook MAX! software to suit your needs for this challenge. You may NOT completely redo a freebie in a graphics program so that it is altered from its original.

If you have ANY questions, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!

On your mark... get set... SCRAP and have FUN!!

NOTE: the preview and color pallette, and the blue backgrounds zip and embellishments zip are below... the pink backgrounds and scalloped papers are in the next post, so don't forget them!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by knzus; 10-20-2009, 12:26 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Don't forget these two zips - they are the pink backgrounds and the scalloped papers!

Attached Files
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• dillie1
      Layout Whiz
      • Aug 2009

Even though I don't qualify to win because I have already one a challenge--I wanted to participate because this is a worthy cause and so near and dear to me. My sister-in-law is a breast cancer survivor, who is in the picture, along with a quilt another sister-in-law made. Thank you so much for this challenge.

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

i am not eligable for the prize, but there is a long history of breast cancer in my family (both men and women) so it is always a concern of mine

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• dillie1
          Layout Whiz
          • Aug 2009

Nice job--Love the LO and thanks for making us more aware of Men getting BC also.

Comment

• knzus
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2007

GREAT layouts, dillie1 and nanwu! THANK YOU for joining the challenge anyway! We love to have EVERYONE participate regardless of previous wins!

I would like to mention that there are many stories of women, men, and children - yes, children! - who were diagnosed with breast cancer in spite of being told they were "too young," "don't fit the profile," and/or had absolutely no family history of any type of cancer!

I don't know about other states, but in Kansas, there is a program called "Early Detection Works." It is for women who have no insurance, like myself, and are unable to afford the yearly mammogram and related tests and screenings (pap smear, etc.). If not for this program, I would NOT have been able have a mammogram or necessary tests and screenings.

Diana

Comment

• nannybernie
              Mad Scrapper
              • Apr 2009

Think Pink

Here is my contribution... A memorial to those who have lost the struggle.
              All the best from Nanny Bernie.
              Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

• wolvsie35
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2007

Awesome pages so far!!!!

Knzus, it took me like ever to read this challenge all the way through...and then I reread it again to make sure I got everything straight...was ready to just print it up...lol...J/k...Wonderful challenge...and I will try to make something for this...
                I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• tanni
                  • Feb 2009

Great Challenge. The journalling is from my sister's blog and she is the one on the left.

Mary S

Comment

• dillie1
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Aug 2009

Great LO and Hurray for your Sister...

Comment

• knzus
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
                      ...it took me like ever to read this challenge all the way through...and then I reread it again to make sure I got everything straight...was ready to just print it up...lol...J/k...Wonderful challenge...and I will try to make something for this...
                      Yeah, well, that's just due to the obligatory legal stuff blah blah details details blah blah blah that ya have to include of course LOL!

LOVIN' these pages!

nannybernie, that is an AWESOME idea for your layout! So true, so true, cancer does not discriminate!

tanni, what a BEAUTIFUL tribute to your sister! Hope she is doing well now! What font did you use on your layout? It looks familiar but I just can't think of it.

Everyone, c'mon, join in the challenge! Even those who have already won in the past couple months... because I might just have a little something for you at the end of the challenge, too.
                      Diana

Comment

• someguy2008
                        • Oct 2009

nice to see this is for a very good cause!

Comment

• Oceania
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Mar 2008

What a great challenge and everyone's layouts are fantastic I have made a layout but have not been successful in up loading it. There seems to be a problem with the word text it is crystal clear before up loading and then it goes all blurry and unable to read so I haven't up loaded it. I've asked for help but no one has come to my rescue yet lol as soon as I can fix this problem I'll up load it
                          sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Jan 2008

I've just finished reading this thread and it brought tears to my eyes. So many people have so much to deal with and get on with it with smiles and love.

My beloved little sister is just waiting to get a diagnosis for a lump, which her doctor has told her is 'nothing to worry about', so this is very close to my heart.

I will be a non-eligible participant.

With love and blessings - FS xx
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                            I walk on a trail of song
                            And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• eye
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Jul 2006

Breast awareness

This is a touching challenge.You all know I had lost a niece,shortly after her funeral well her mother (my sister)was diagnosed with breast cancer and had her breast removed.So alot has happened in such a short time.I tried out the new version of scrapbook max.Excuse the line at the bottom.

Last edited by eye; 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM.
                              sigpic
                              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                              X