• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

making some very difficult decisions

I debated on if I should even post this or not. Another hard decision. I think the only reason I chose to was Michelle's Post just to show her things could be worse (I love ya Shell) On February 7th I took my son to school and had a heart attack on the way home. I was able to drive myself to the hospital although to this day I don't remember how. I was given Nitro pills and Paste and the pain went away but my breathing was real bad. I had x-rays and a CT. They found I have Pulmonary Emboli in my right lung. Long story short, it seems I have cancer that had caused clots to break off and get to my lungs. The cancer had spread into my Lymph nodes. I consider myself lucky because the clots will probably kill me before the cancer can. I have made most of my arrangements, the hardest being the ones involving the younger children. We have moved my oldest daughter back from NC to help me and my older sons will be arriving soon. I do not know how long I have. I asked not to know. I am ok and I have made my peace. I feel good some days and hard to breathe others but I have decided to live what is left of my life talking about a future and I wake up each day only asking for just one more. So Michelle, it can be worse. Live your life like there is no tomorrow. I pray for you each and every day and hope you get your kidneys. I know you will, good people like you deserve them.
    I have been working on scrap books for the kids and I hope I can get them done but I am also writing journals for all the girls to read on special days in their lives. So much to do and time? Who knows. I want to be here in the fall when Emily starts pre-school. That is my last goal. I don't plan on leaving SBM until I can't sit at my computer anymore
    My husband is having a hard time with this and we haven't explained the extent of my illness to the children. Hard to do when you have FaceBook and ppl asking you all the time so I lie . This is by no means Goodbye. Not yet. I will decide when I am ready!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

I don't know how to respond Liz! Just sitting here stunned! I am soooo sorry and just don't know what to say! I will be praying for you and yours. If you need help with your scrapbook, I can help. You can email me some of your pix and I will turn them into pages.
    Your buddy, Marion

Comment

• Edina
      • Oct 2010

I'll be giving my kids an extra kiss tonight for sure. You'll be in my thoughts even though I don't think we have ever really interacted. I hope you fill your days with happy thoughts and make some great memories for your children. They will remember your strength and grace with which you seem to be handling this.

Comment

• sacannon
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Aug 2006

Oh wow Liz, I pop in here once in a while and sure didn't expect to find this thread. I can't imagine what you are going through. Making the scrapbooks and journals for the kids is a great idea. But, please make sure you take care of yourself too, the best that you can.
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• mh51
          Scrap Guru
          • Jul 2006

I am so sad... just can't put my thoughts & emotions into words.
          My heart is breaking.
          Love & prayers coming your way for you and your family.
          xxx

Comment

• wolvsie35
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2007

My dear friend Liz....I cried reading this and signed off...then I had to come back and say something...But what do I say? I am so sad over this...You are a wonderful person and something like this should not be happening to you...You have done so much in your life for you family..especially your children and I admire you for that....I would never listen to doctors pin pointing your last day anyways....No one can predict that...It's all in spirit and attitude, something you have both of...So please, don't ever give up or lose the faith...Your kids need you...
            I will be praying for you....everyday.....Please keep me informed...and if you EVER need to talk, I'm here for you hun...May God be with you....((HUGS)) I love ya gf!
            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• angelwithin
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Nov 2006

bless you Liz, sending love and healing to you, do not give up, you will get through this, fight as hard as you can xxxxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
              , Check out my store
              Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

Shocked!! Bless you Liz!! My heart is very heavy now!! Have been reading all about the Gerson Therapy and it's a cure for Cancer and other things!! Simply, juicing fresh fruits and vegetables 13 times a day and coffee enema's to name a few!! Please..it can't hurt to try!! I live by it!! HUGS sweetie!! Keep us posted!! PLEASE!!

Comment

• eye
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

Oh whiz I luv you.If I could grab you I would squeeze you so hard.I know one thing you are one strong women.The strength you have is wonderful.You are such a kind sweet thoughtful person.When I read this I felt like a dagger in my heart.Though we never met I feel in my heart you are such a good friend.I will help you with your scrapping as well if you send me your photos.I may live far away but I am here for you.Please use this site as your journel so we can be here for you.My heart is broken with this sad news.Bless you xo.
                  sigpic
                  My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

Maybe we can take this on as a project and help you with your scrapbooks. I am sure there are many here that would be willing to help. Just let us know what we can do to help, and in the meantime, you are in our prayers.

Comment

• pkdoll
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Dec 2006

Oh Liz!! I am so shocked and can hardly compose myself. This is the last thing I was expecting to read. You know I have been feeling sorry for myself because I lost my job on Monday and didn't know what I was going to do; and than I read this and my troubles don't compare whatsoever to what you are dealing with. My heart goes out to you and your loving family. Please do try and fight as hard as you can for as long as you can.
                      AND like Marion said-if you need any help getting some pages done please let us know and we will be willing to help you out as much as we can. Sending prayers to you and your family.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• OnieRN
                        Scrap Guru
                        • May 2006

Oh Liz, I haven't been on here in awhile but I am in tears. I remember how much we shared in the pregnancy and the bring Emily into the world. As I was reading all the posts from SBM members, I noticed they are written from the original SBM family. We have share so much with each other these past 5 years. Please know that are here for you and your cherished by all of us. I was remembering putting pages together for Emily. I would be honored to help you with some of those pages too. Just remember to keep up the faith, never give up, and please keep us posted.
                        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                        !

nie

Comment

• knzus
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jan 2007

I ditto everything they all said... because I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said. Except to add my love for you along with everyone else's. You and your family remain a cherished part of our own family here. I will send up a bigger heaping of prayers for you on top of those I already do. Love you, Liz Whiz! ♥
                          Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• makeyesup
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jun 2006

So very sorry to hear this, you have had so many perils to face. Prayers are with you and all of your family. Keep looking up and believing in God, we will all pray for you. I too will make pages for you if you send in photos.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• angelwithin
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Nov 2006

Liz if you want any of my store templates set just say xxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                              , Check out my store
                              Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Working...
                              X