• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Text Fonts

Is anyone else still having trouble with the fonts in the journaling text? Even after the update, my fonts won't open unless I do a work-around by highlighting the text, then Control plus down or up arrow. It didn't do this in V.1 and I was hoping it would be fixed with the update. The Title and Ribbon text work fine - you can see all the fonts and scroll through them. It's workable for the journaling text but a bit of a pain!
    Julie
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Mine works fine, I am not sure what the problem could be.

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

I can't figure it out either. I know at least one other person had the problem and figured out the work-around, but if you want a font such as Times Roman you have to arrow through all the fonts from Arial!! It's a crazy problem - I so hoped the update would fix it!
      Julie

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
        Your Host, Gracie!
        • Jan 2006

As far as we know, nobody else has experienced this problem with the v2.0.2.0. So, we need to find out more about why your system is different in order to fix it. You see, we can't make it happen here, which makes it very hard to look into, so let's start with some questions to help narrow it down:

Troubleshooting Questions
        1. What version of Scrapbook MAX! are you using? Go to the Help menu and choose About. As of Oct 22, 2009 the current version is 2.0.2.0. Do you have it?
        2. To download and install the current version of Scrapbook MAX!, go to the Help Menu and choose Check for Update. Is there a newer version available? If so, run the update! After the update completes, start up Scrapbook MAX! again. Make sure you *really* have v2.0.2.0 by going to the Help menu and choosing About.
        3. Have you shut down your computer, left it off for at least a minute and then started up and tried again?
        4. Did you install the software while logged in as an "Administrator"?
        5. What operating system are you using?
        6. How much free disk space do you have on your C: drive?
        7. How much RAM memory do you have?
        8. What kind of graphics card (video card) do you have? Have you checked for updated drivers? (Most people neglect to do this, and it is the source of many computer problems.)
        9. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what software? Disable your antivirus software, then start up Scrapbook MAX! - Does the problem go away?
        10. When was the last time you ran a full anti-virus system scan? If it's been more than a couple of days, run one now! Does it find any viruses?
        11. Are you running any anti-spyware software? If so, what software? Disable your anti-spyware software, then start up Scrapbook MAX! - Does the problem go away?
        12. When was the last time you did a full anti-spyware system scan? If it's been more than a couple of days, run one now! Does it find any spyware?
        13. Are you running any firewall software? If so, what software?
        14. Did you try the trial version? Did that have the same problem?
        15. Do you have any problems running any other software?
        16. When was the last time you ran Windows Update? You should make sure you have the latest operating system fixes, patches and updates.

Please provide this additional information so we can look into this further!
        Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Lorne
          Super Moderator
          • Jan 2006

17. Are you using the Large Fonts display settings in Microsoft Windows? Have you made any other changes to your system settings in order to make things easier to see?

18. Do you have a lot of fonts installed on your computer? (In Control Panel > Fonts, how many fonts does it say you have?)

(The really strange thing is that it works fine for captions and ribbon text. All three objects display those fonts in the same way, so if it doesn't work for one of them on your system it's very strange that it would work okay for the other two.)
          Lorne ( )
          Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MaggieMae
            Digi Sage
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
            17. Are you using the Large Fonts display settings in Microsoft Windows? Have you made any other changes to your system settings in order to make things easier to see?

18. Do you have a lot of fonts installed on your computer? (In Control Panel > Fonts, how many fonts does it say you have?)

(The really strange thing is that it works fine for captions and ribbon text. All three objects display those fonts in the same way, so if it doesn't work for one of them on your system it's very strange that it would work okay for the other two.)
            I think it's strange, too, Lorne. It always worked in V1 and I learned the work-around from Wendy G. who had experienced the same thing. The previous list of things to check brought out my lazy side - I think I'll just use the work-around or journal in another program! The Title and Ribbon Text are fine and all the fonts are available - As an answer to your #18: I have 313 fonts!! I think I may clean them out just because no one needs 313 fonts!! LOL

P.S. I just happened to think - did V.2 install any new fonts - could one be incompatible with my computer? - No, that doesn't make sense because it wouldn't work for any of the text options. Arrgh!

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
            Julie

Comment

• KPierce
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2007

OH wow MaggieMae I have 10x that many fonts and I don't have any problems with my fonts. So that is a very small number. Maybe you need more fonts I also have the dreaded VISTA and love it so I guess I am abnormal.

Hope they figure it out for you. It is weird and I am sure very frustrating.
              My buddy is GrannyWin.
              My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

Originally posted by KPierce View Post
                OH wow MaggieMae I have 10x that many fonts and I don't have any problems with my fonts. So that is a very small number. Maybe you need more fonts I also have the dreaded VISTA and love it so I guess I am abnormal.

Hope they figure it out for you. It is weird and I am sure very frustrating.
                Thanks, Kay! It is frustrating when you have a problem that no one else has - I feel like a freak!!
                Julie

Comment

• Lorne
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jan 2006

MaggieMae, if you go to Help > About Scrapbook MAX, what version number appears in the upper right corner?
                  Lorne ( )

Comment

• WendyG
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Jun 2006

for what it's worth I do use a slightly larger font on my pc display as I have a large monitor and the default is just to tiny.....perhaps the issue is in that area!!
                    Maybe try setting the display font to default and try again?
                    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
                    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

I have my computer set to larger font, but no problems with this setting.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                        Digi Sage
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                        MaggieMae, if you go to Help > About Scrapbook MAX, what version number appears in the upper right corner?
                        It says 2.0.2.0 - I think that's the latest version, isn't it?
                        Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

Just bumping this up so Lorne can see it!
                          Julie

Comment

• Lorne
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jan 2006

Sorry MaggieMae -- yes, 2.0.2.0 is the version you should have. Thanks for checking that.

Mark went over that part of the program with a fine-toothed comb and made sure it was exactly the same for Journal text as it was for Ribbon text and Captions. I have no idea why it doesn't work for you, it's a real mystery!

We'll try a few more things and see if we can find some way to reproduce it at our end.
                            Lorne ( )

Comment

• MaggieMae
                              Digi Sage
                              • May 2006

Thanks, Lorne! I do have the work-around that WendyG provided - I must admit it's a bit of a pain because it always opens at Arial and if you want to use Versu (like I did yesterday) I had to arrow down one at a time!! At least it keeps me busy and out of trouble!

The paragraph problem described by PoppaBob has been a problem for me, too. I don't know how to send a screenshot but I can describe it as looking as if Bold has been turned on - only it hasn't. If you want more than one paragraph, you need to start another textbook.

I didn't answer all of Gracie's questions - but I still use XP on my computer. I have AVG virus protection and use Firefox as my browser. SBM V. 1 works perfectly - I don't have any of these problems with it.

Thanks again - hope some of this helps.
                              Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X