• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrystalInMinn
    Layout Whiz
    • Jul 2007

personal recipe WOOT!

I opened up my e-mail to a wonderful surprise today!

I week ago I sent in an original recipe to a local TV station. They use viewer recipies on Wednesdays for the cooking segment.

My recipe was chosen to be on today. WOOT!

I love to combine my digital scrapbooking and my love of food so I sent a scrapped recipe card in and my salad was made on TV this afternoon. Woo Hoo!

They made it a funny story as I forgot about a pot luck picnic one time and threw this together from what I had in the fridge and the pantry and by accident came up with this pasta salad. It has a bunch of cucumbers in it and a refreshing taste so I named it Refreshing Salad. It is funny because of the circumstances! ROFL

And I won $50 gift certificates to a home delivery grocery store too and free delivery for a month.

It has ingredients in it that are available here in the States. I wish that everyone could try it.

Your Twin Cities home for Food, Fashion, Fun. Twin Cities Live airs from Minnesota, Weekdays at 3pm on 5 Eyewitness News. TCL focuses on the people and places that make the Twin Cities unique.

ohhh it is up on a video link too...
    Your Twin Cities home for Food, Fashion, Fun. Twin Cities Live airs from Minnesota, Weekdays at 3pm on 5 Eyewitness News. TCL focuses on the people and places that make the Twin Cities unique.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CrystalInMinn; 07-02-2008, 04:35 PM.
    sigpic

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Congradualtions and I bet you are excited.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• fourfoxes
      Digi Sage
      • Oct 2007

Sounds like a yummy recipe Crystal! Congratulations on your win. I really like the way your recipe card turned out. I'm gonna try your recipe . . . would that be all right?

Debby
      My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• CrystalInMinn
        Layout Whiz
        • Jul 2007

yeah i was crying when I opened up the e-mail. :P
        sigpic

Comment

• pkdoll
          Scrap Guru
          • Dec 2006

WOOOHOOOO! Congrats Crystal!! Sounds really "Refreshing"! I am sure going to try it. I too love cucumbers and peas.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2007

Wow! This sounds great! Congratulations on the big win. I'm not much of a cook but this looks like I could make it. Can't wait to try it. I love cucumbers!
            Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• omajo
              Digi Sage
              • Dec 2006

Congratulations Crystal, love to try it. Thanks for sharing your recipe !!

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• grannywin
                Layout Whiz
                • Sep 2006

Congratulations. Winning all those groceries is better than winning a blue ribbon. Sound like you are a natural cook.

Comment

• Vanessa
                  Digi Sage
                  • Apr 2008

Congratulations Crystal - lady luck shines on us all from time to time. Salad sounds great - will try it out when the weather warms up again.

Comment

• nanwu
                    Digi Sage
                    • Apr 2007

congratulations, how proud you must feel

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• CrystalInMinn
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jul 2007

Thanks every one I am still so wound up. I am trying to sleep. Maybe I'll burn some midnight oil and get some scrappin done. hee hee.

Yes, I love to cook. Before digital scrapping I used to read cookbooks just for enjoyment. I still do pick up a cook book from time to time at the library or the thrift shops and try to find something new to try. I love that the reward was in groceries. I'll have to try something neat with my windfall.
                      sigpic

Comment

• mh51
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Jul 2006

VERY WELL DONE... get in the ingredients & we'll ALL be round for dinner...!!!

Comment

• angelwithin
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Nov 2006

Congratulations

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                          , Check out my store
                          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• *eng*
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2006

congratuations, you should have the title 'celeb' now!
                            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• CrystalInMinn
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mh51 View Post
                              VERY WELL DONE... get in the ingredients & we'll ALL be round for dinner...!!!
                              Ya, I'll make a feast in mass quanities...sounds like a reason to party!!!! YUM!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X