• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Sorry not been around

Hi Everyone - Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Been super busy trying to get my fitness and weight issues sorted out. Sitting at computer all day hasn't helped me much and so I decided to get off my backside and do something about it.
    I bought a Fitbit Flex, 3 weeks ago. You can search it if you want. It counts steps and activity levels as well as sleep activity and so much more. I'm logging all my food and drinks. Bought myself a Elliptical cross trainer also. So I am doing between 10,000 and 15,000 steps a day. 2 x 20 minute walks and 2 x 20 minutes on cross trainer a day. Feeling much better for it but it's still a bit of a struggle but I work on it - 1 day at a time and don't think about next week or next month - 1 day at a time and it's achievable. Start thinking about all the weeks ahead and it feels impossible.

If anyone is already a fitbit person - my forum name is: Carena S.
    Please friend me. Also using My Fitness Pal - app and web forum etc to log all foods etc.

Anyway - thought I'd let everyone know what I'm up to of late. Already lost quite a bit of weight - over 4 KG's and mum tells me you can see that I've lost weight. So very happy with myself. Seen reduction of 2 inches in chest, 1 inch in waist and 2 inches off the hips. Cheers
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.
  • Letha
    Layout Whiz
    • Feb 2007

Great work Carena! Keep up the great weight loss and getting shape!

Comment

• Saviscrap
      • Nov 2011

way to go Carena

Yes scrapbooking isn't the best way to lose weight thats for sure.

Rick and I bought bikes yesterday, I researched excercises and excercising and I came up with bike riding as a good way to loose, plus it isn't boring, I can't stand to do excercising that I HATE, because it wont last.

keep us up to date wont you!

Comment

• Carena
        Digi Sage
        • Jun 2007

I have a bike also but don't feel comfortable riding it. Need to loose more weight yet but hoping to get on to it again.
        Done 17800 steps today - the highest for me so far. My legs had been hurting some and taking magnesium now so hopefully in a few days I will feel even better while walking. Then I can extend my walking from 1.4 km each time to much more and also put in some small inclines and hills. For now - flat hard surface is good. Baby steps.
        Thanks for the words of encouragement.
        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Saviscrap
          • Nov 2011

Yes it happens gradulally.

I wish for flat surfaces around here but nope, we have to live at the apex of a hill, everyway is down, but everyway is back up again to get home lol. It is quite hilly here where I live, so I'm going to get legs as hard as a rock!! Well here is hoping anyway :-)

Comment

• Kimmyann
            Scrap Guru
            • Mar 2009

Great Job Carena!!! Keep it Up and you will be a Model for all of us Scrapbookers

Between my job behind a computer all day, then my favorite Hobby (Scrapbooking) I too have added pounds. I have been doing some of the Beachbodies training series. It feels good and works when you don't SKIP days
            Hugs!!

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

WTG hun! I wish I could exercise more then what I do... but it isn't easy with only one leg now, and right now my legs get tired so fast when I do walk... the prosthetic weighs almost 8 pds... But you keep up the good work... You can never lose the faith... you can do whatever you put your mind too.... Can't wait to hear the updates... Good luck and we are all cheering for you.... ((HUGS))
              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Carena
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2007

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I"m doing 100 minutes of excerise a day now. Walking, elliptical cross trainer and walking in place fitness. Never imagined myself enjoying doing this much excerise, but I actually am and feeling good. I need to work the scrapbooking into my routines. Past 3 days I've done just over 20,000 steps a day. A massive jump from 3 weeks ago. Hugs
                Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• fonzzy
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Feb 2011

Well done Carena I wish I had your willpower you go girl hugs fonzzy

Comment

• SBM Diane
                    Digi Sage
                    • Sep 2010

Way to go Carena! Congrats!!

Comment

• Carena
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jun 2007

Just a update on my progress - Currently lost 14 KG's and yesterday I did 35,000 steps. Once I get this sorted I'll have more time again for scrapbooking. I'm hoping to be able to start jogging as walking is taking up enormous amounts of time - between 2 and 3 hours a day. I did about 18 KM's yesterday and I blister. Ouch.
                      Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Kimmyann
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Mar 2009

Wow!! Congrats on your success!! I will be glad when you get skinny, I need some more play things LOL!!
                        Hugs!!

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

Update on Progress - 4 1/2 months of walking and I'm glad to report I've lost 23 KG's so far. Walked 15.5 KM's on Wednesday with only some sore hips in under 3 hours.
                          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Saviscrap
                            • Nov 2011

Wow you go girl!!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Mar 2009

Wow Carena!!! Great Job!!
                              Hugs!!

Comment

Working...