• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helen Miller
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jun 2006

Template: greeting card template for quarter fold

does anyone have a greeting card template for in sbm? I am most interested in quarter fold. All help is appreciated. a quarter fold on 8.5 x 11 paper is the best. I do all my cards on a sheet of 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock for the front, and make 2 single fold to a sheet for the fronts and backs. then the same for the inside. and I have a pattern for the envelope. the envelope is one sheet of 24 # bright white paper, that i decirate to match the card. any help and ideas of how to do it in sbm will really help. thanks
    Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)
  • WendyG
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jun 2006

Here's the placement for front and inside elements for a standard 1/4 fold card (one card per one sheet of 8.5x11 inch paper). It is an 8.5x11 inch template at 200dpi...design away keeping the orientation as shown and stay within the edges of the grey boxes....and delete the grey boxes and my text before printing....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WendyG; 07-24-2008, 02:20 PM.
    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

Comment

• Helen Miller
      Mad Scrapper
      • Jun 2006

thank you so much Wendy. this will serve my purposes perfectly.
      You girls have been so helpful. was it hard to build that template? would love to learn so I could do one for two fronts on one page and the greeting on the other page. that would be two seperate templates right.??? thanks again.
      Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• WendyG
        Mad Scrapper
        • Jun 2006

not hard at all.....enjoy it! not sure I am understanding what you mean by two fronts on one sheet with the sentiments on a separate sheet though....the 2 card fronts are easy to put on one sheet but how would you attach the sentiment if it was on another sheet..besides just cutting them out? Is that what you would plan on doing? to put two card fronts on one sheet, where you would cut the sheet in half left to right across the middle, just select the grey box on the template that's in the top left and align it top and right, just above the other grey box, then change the color of it so it will be visibley different from the other grey box. That would give you two cards, with thier fronts, you would just have to print the sentiment on another page, simply create another page alongside that template page and put the sentiments on the new page.
        There's always the option of printing the fronts, then flipping your paper over to print the insides on the back of the sheet of paper, this all depends on your printer and paper orientation though.
        Last edited by WendyG; 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Helen Miller
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jun 2006

you are so smart Wendy. I will try working with it tonight. and see if I can do it......and yes I would cut the card stock in half and the sentiment one the same way. and just glue them on the top edge or use them landscape you can do it either way. there is just so much to work with in smb. I do a lot the paper way and add ribbon and bows etc so should be able to do the same after printing on card stock. will keep you informed. thanks again want to go look in your store later too.\
          Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• Helen Miller
            Mad Scrapper
            • Jun 2006

I was up till 2a again. what a wonderful teacher you are. I even got the envelope template in sbm. you guys are so good. thanks.
            Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• WendyG
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jun 2006

glad to help! Yah I think if it was me I would print the two fronts together and then working with my printer flip the paper over and through trial and error figure out how to place the sentiments on the other side in the correct orientation.......lol.

Comment

• nanwu
                Digi Sage
                • Apr 2007

thanks for the template....am designing invitations for my daughters wedding at the moment...trying lots of different styles for her to choose from so will give this a go also

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• Mylinnofeq
                  • Jan 2007

Bless you for this template and for the info on how to convert it to 2 cards!! I was needing just that exact thing. I tried making one on my own but after printing 4 attempts, I decided I was just not going to get it lined up right

Comment

• ChristineMc
                    • Apr 2009

Very useful! Thanks for sharing!
                    sigpic
                    I'm friends with "fcfirecat" and "Kimmyann"

Comment

• Helen Miller
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Jun 2006

so glad that it is being used....I have lost everything. my hard drive had to be wiped. I thought I had everfything saved, but any of my templates in scrapbbook max aren't there. so I am trying to get things re done. I have a template for the envelope too. were you able to get that?
                      Mickey (Helen Miller)

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• justbaccari
                        • Oct 2009

Hi there, im trying to download your link as for the 1/4 fold.. im trying to set up a memorial Card for my cousin's funeral..
                        please help

Gina

Comment

• fonzzy
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Feb 2011

This is the best card ever THANK YOU fonzzy

Comment

• SBM Diane
                            Digi Sage
                            • Sep 2010

Thank you for sharing Wendy!