Groove Newsletter Contest February 2008: The Four Seasons (FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The seasons are sensational with The Groove!

The February 2008 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating winter, spring, summer and fall! Check out our tips, tricks, and inspirations to help you make a dazzling layout that celebrates the seasons. Plus, find our special profiled scrapper, and last month's contest winners!

Read The Groove online today at www.scrapbookmax.com/newsletter!

CONTEST DETAILS

This month's contest is called "The Four Seasons". We want to see layouts that center upon your favorite season, be it winter, spring, summer or fall (or maybe all four...?). The contest is not limited to "landscape" or nature layouts...feel free to include pictures of people and pets enjoying the weather and all it brings!

We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "The Four Seasons" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page.

We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE

And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, courtesy our "very own" Diana Carmichael! This christening-themed kit includes: 2 backgrounds, 1 mat, 2 jeweled accents, and 3 jeweled wordart.

Here's what Diana says about her work:

"I've never been one to follow the crowd, but rather "to do my own thing." (You should have seen me in high school!) Oh, sure, I may incorporate an idea here and there, but most of the time I like to create from a different viewpoint to capture interest. And I tend to pour a lot of my own feelings into the creation of my designs, making them right from my heart."

Want to see more of Diana's creations? Find her section of the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store here:

Love the mini-kit and want more? Find the full kit here (it's only $2.95!):

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Subscribe today!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 02-01-2008, 07:33 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • candjdemi
    • Aug 2007

Help!

OK, I still new to digital scrapbooking and brand new to the Groove Newsletter freebies. Once I download it, what do I do? I saved it to my desktop. Should I have saved it some other way?

Comment

• ryansmom66
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

Thank you! Love this Freebie!
      Trisha
      My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• sacannon
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by candjdemi View Post
        OK, I still new to digital scrapbooking and brand new to the Groove Newsletter freebies. Once I download it, what do I do? I saved it to my desktop. Should I have saved it some other way?
        If you click on the icon on your desktop it will download the items to the embellishment folder in SBM. It is located under the red heart in the creation work area. If you click "open" rather than "save" when you open the link, it will do the same thing, it just won't put the icon on the desktop. After you click on the icon you can delete the icon from the desk top.

I hope that made sense.
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

Thanks for the freebies Diana! and congrats to all the winners and great profile!
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• candjdemi
            • Aug 2007

Thanks

I should have known it was that easy!! Thank you!!

Comment

• fourfoxes
              Digi Sage
              • Oct 2007

Congrats to the winners! Loved the freebie Diana, thanks.

Your profile was great Tina. How wonderful for you and your sister to have found your father after so long. The photo of the three of you is something I'm sure you will treasure.

Thanks for another great edition of The Groove!

Debby
              My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• terrym0391
                • Dec 2007

Summer 1989

I love being near the ocean and going out to Montauk is always a favorite spot, for me and this bird.

Comment

• mortmomof2
                  • Jan 2008

Sweet snow angel

My five year old after/during our first blizzard in Kansas! Fun! Fun!
                  C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Scrapbook MAX!\Published Files\Jess\HTML\page3.html
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mortmomof2; 02-01-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2007

Congrats to everyone mentioned in the Groove...Tina, great interview...and thanks Diana for the freebie...
                    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• lcourtney
                      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the great freebies. I am new. If I want to enter a layout in the contest, I know how to save it as a jpg file, but I how do I get it in the contest - upload it back to the site?

Comment

• Aggie Girl
                        • Jan 2008

Hi,

I'm new also. I have no idea how to reply to these posts so hope this goes through. I just uploaded a layout that I did for my favorite season, fall. I love the Autumn colors and the fun we had in the pumpkin patch!

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Sep 2007

Thank u for this months freebie

Thank u so much for the freebie

kindest regards
                          My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• knzus
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jan 2007

Ya'll are welocme! Now go BUY the whole kit and make me rich! LOL!

Congratulations to Tina for her GREAT INTERVIEW!

Congratulations to Winnie49, Wickel, Sue C., spanielmom, TNLori, O2BNgHope, Johana M. and Julie C. for their SHOWCASED LAYOUTS! All were oh-so-EXCELLENT!

And THANK YOU to The Groove, Karin and Marnie for the wonderfully sweet Valentine's tags template!
                            Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                              Digi Sage
                              • Nov 2007

My congratulations to all the winners of the Jan challenge. Thanks Knzus for the freebie. Love it. Here's the link to my layout for the Feb challenge.

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                              X