• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFreeSpirit
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2008

Absent without leave

Hi y'all

I guess you all think I deserted my post as I haven't been in here much for several months, just popping in with layouts for the lovely Fiona but not much else.

The truth is that I've been waiting to go into hospital for a hysterectomy. I was quite anxious about it and for months it has dominated every thought really and I just couldn't get into my scrapping although it would have been a nice diversion.

Well, I went in on Tuesday. I will spare the boys their blushes and simply say that because they were doing a total hysterectomy I was expecting a vertical incision. So imagine my delight when I came round and discovered that my wonderful surgeon had done a beautifully neat lateral incision. I am told it will decrease my recovery time and of course, cosmetically, it will be much nicer. I don't think I shall want to wear a bikini again at 58, but a girl likes options.

The staff at the hospital were wonderful and I can't say enough good about them. Anyway, they were genuinely astonished and delighted at my progress and let me home yesterday at 5.30. They all hugged me and said they didn't actually think I'd just had major surgery. So funny.

Anyway my lovely friends, there it is. I intend to become an active member of this society again and hope to get my head back into a few comps too.

Love y'all loads.

Brightest blessings - Freespirit xx
    Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 11-11-2011, 02:58 AM.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

Oh Fiona, I'm so pleased all went well for you.
    (Will spare you the horrors of my hysterectomy).
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and remember to take it easy for the first few weeks...
    xxx

Comment

• makeyesup
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2006

Glad to hear everything went well and you can now get back to the pleasures of scrapping.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Letha
        Layout Whiz
        • Feb 2007

I too will spare you with details from my 1st child's birth and my total hysterectomy but I am so glad that you are recovering so well. Remember to do what they tell you and get lots of rest. Can't wait for you to be back regularly.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2009

Wishing you a speedy recovery!! xo

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Wishing you the best.Best thing I had ever done.I felt wonderful and you still need to not lift or overdue it as you will slip back a bit.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• SBM Diane
              Digi Sage
              • Sep 2010

Welcome back! I am glad your surgery went well and I hope you recover quickly.

Comment

• juliescraps
                Layout Whiz
                • Aug 2007

Welcome back and speedy recovery.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2008

Thank you all so much for the welcome back! I am feeling very well, but I am also being very sensible and my husband, bless him, is taking very good care of me. He is no longer at work so he is here to keep me in line.

While the outside scar is healing beautifully (all 6½ inches of it) I realise that on the inside things will take longer and must be given time to settle. Also, although I am feeling great, physically I am very tired. So I'm taking it easy and napping when I want to. We live in a small town, on a very nice little estate, so we have been just walking around the blocks a little further each day, today I was allowed to go up to our local shop and spent a pleasant little while finding a nice magazine to browse through tomorrow.

I still have some mental fog and although I really want to be creative, I just haven't quite got the oomph yet, but tomorrow I think I shall make a card to send to the ward staff and maybe do some scrapping!

Love you all my friends -

Blessings - FS xx
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• angelwithin
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Nov 2006

Oh Free...where's my gorey details....you know I love them!!! lol

Dont forget a hysterectomy is a major operation so dont going trying to be superwoman and spring clean the house.....and for goodness sake whatever you do DO NOT sneeze (believe me on this you really really do not want to feel what that is like post op or find out how they push everything back into the scar line!!!)

sending you healing for a straightforward recovery xxxxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                    , Check out my store
                    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2008

We were typing together Fi! I'm being very virtuous as you can see from my post.

Yep, already had the pleasure of the sneeze!

Nah, don't really go for gory details, although I can post a pic of the scar if you really want me to ... only kidding!

FS xx

Comment

• sacannon
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Aug 2006

Glad to hear the surgery went well and you are on the mend. Like everyone else said, take it easy, no need to rush into anything! It will be good to have you back in here.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• lindaathome
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jan 2010

I am so glad things will be getting better for you now. I had mine over 25 years ago and it has not negatively impacted my life at all. Take the time to heal Hun. You never know when you might feel like wearling a Bikini, lol.

You were missed.

xxoo
                          I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• eye
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

I was stupid as I felt so good and no one was here to sweap the floors so I did it very slowly and it made me feel terrible for a week.So just rest.xo
                            sigpic
                            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Jan 2008

Thanks all. I'm taking it real slow, even though I feel great. My husband is just great, he won't let me do anything, and he's keeping the house lovely and tidy so I won't feel tempted. I am walking every day as the hospital encourage this, but we just take several short walks a day and I decide when I want to go and whether I want to go. I've not been sleeping very well but slept much better last night and was even able to complete a nice hand made thank you card for my army of Florence Nightingales at the hospital.

Thanks all for your good wishes.

Blessings - FS xx

Comment

Working...
                              X