Can everyone share their idea of the .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ladybug
    Mad Scrapper
    • Mar 2006

Can everyone share their idea of the .......

Can everyone share their idea of the difference between a template, a kit (a mini-kit) and a Quick Page. Ok, the Quick Page is obvious but still worth sharing with people new to scrapbooking. Just thought it would be interesting to see what people have to say on this subject.
    sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Template is what I keep trying to make out of you, but it's hopeless...

Kit is what you have two of... Or are they kids?

Quick Page is what your life became when you married Jim!

Let's see, did I forget anything?

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
      Layout Whiz
      • Dec 2006

LOL granny

Well this is my idea of what everything is

A template is a gray scale file that contains the design best if you look at Aug mid month challenge. You'll see a perfect example

A kit or mini kit is papers, embies only. No LO design but everything else to make your own LO.

A quick page is a page thats one layer and you can put a photo either on top or underneath the layer. You can't move anything.

If anyone has a different definition please help me out .. cos that felt like drawing blood out of a stone. Ya know when you know what these things are but can't for the life of me put it into words LOL and if my pc runs any slower its gonna stop. My typing has to catch up with me and I'm a two finger typer
      Last edited by AmeliasMuma; 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM.
      Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

Your description was perfect! Templates are layouts already done (either with paper and embies or gray masks), kits are papers and embies to use as you like, and quick pages are already done and not changeable. You put your photo(s) behind the opening(s). Now why did I repeat that? Your definitions were perfect!! I'm just gabby, I guess!
        Julie

Comment

• Gotart
          Mad Scrapper
          • Nov 2006

Granny I just get a kick out of reading your commetns!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• mint
            Layout Whiz
            • Oct 2006

Now i cant remember right off but the finished pages that you put your photos on and the ones that the photos go under or that have holes in it.are called different things but i cant remember witch is witch.
            Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• mint
              Layout Whiz
              • Oct 2006

I'm thanking the one that the photo goes under is a scrap over.
              Quick Page Templates are layered paper backgrounds for you to add photos, frames, and other elements on top. thank thats right
              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• pkdoll
                Scrap Guru
                • Dec 2006

I think a lot of people know what these are but have a different interpretation of what it means to them. QP(quickpage) you just add your photos on top or under and you are finished. But the template is very much the same-you just add your photo and you are done. But both the QP and Template, to me are the same, you can add other embellishments and wordart and journaling to them to make them a little more personal for you. If the template was made in a program like Photoshop Elements, you can bring that template into PSE and make changes to it, but if it's made in a different program you dont have you usually cant change parts of it, you have to use it the way it is except that you can add embies and such to it. But a template made for SBM can be changed in so many different ways. You can take someones template and delete parts you don't want and add parts from others to it and really change it up. But that is only the SBM specific templates, because they were saved as SBM templates to work with this wonderful program. A kit is a group of different things you need to make a beautiful cooridnating page with. It has coordinating papers, embellishments and word art and all you have to do is use the ones you want and arrange any way you wish, the possibilities are endless. Paper packs are just different papers for you to use. Mini kits are usually just like add-on kits, they are extras (such as embellishments, paperscraps, wordart, etc) that you can add to your page to mix it up--Usually mini kits will coordinate with a full size kit, or with a paper pack. This is my interpretation of the different things used to scrap with. Hope this helps. But if my interpretation is not exactly right please let me know because I don't want to go thru life thinking I know what I'm talking about and in reality I'm wrong! That could be embarrassing for me.
                Last edited by pkdoll; 08-18-2007, 09:30 AM.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• jazzieal
                  Digi Sage
                  • Sep 2006

You girls have pretty much summed it up..template to me is a pattern..
                  a template is a layout already made up for you..the pattern is done..all you do is add the papers that you like and so on...but you can add too or take parts of them away..substitute a part of the pattern for something you like better..a flower for a swirl or something like that..some sites call them Quick Clicks..most of those you have to have a program that has a lasso tool..and uses layers..and there are several ways to use them..some sites call the ones that are already made for you ploppers..because all you do is plop your pics in and your done..when I first got SBM the terminology was confusing to me..lol a template here was 4 or 5 pages already made and all you had to do was add your pictures..I later found out you could move some things and you could resize some things but not everything..and what is called a mask here is what I always called a template or quick click..lol..I love kits and templates..templates are wonderful when you have a scrappers block...you have a layout made for you...all you do is use the papers and embies you like..I am going to throw this in..what is the difference between elements and embellishments? I think different sites and different stores call things by different names...ok thats my confusing 2 cents worth LOL
                  My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• makeyesup
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jun 2006

Ok, I've heard a lot of mumbo jumbo hear and like Granny's definitions best.

Different people, different sites have different ideas of this different issue.

QP is sometimes called 'plopper' too since you just add your photograph.
                    Templates are good if you have the program that they were made in, since you can then add, subtract, change and end up with a 'different' layout.

So there's my 2 cents worth or maybe it's only a penny for my thoughts.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

Makeyesup.... You're just brilliant, child, brilliant!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Dec 2006

Well templates on this site are slightly different to templates elsewhere. Here they are a page made up of elements from a matching kit, that are still movable, re sizable as individual pieces but already coloured in the design patterns and colours. You can also get gray scale templates [also known as quick clicks] where you choose which colours and patterns you put in them. If these gray scale templates are in PNG format you can use them in SBM. I was on someones blog the other day and they specifically mentioned that they have a PNG version of their templates specially made for those who use SBM. Can I remember who or where? Hell no

Quick pages and ploppers to me are the same thing. There is only one layer and you "plop" your photo in. Any elements that are on the page are not movable. Its like receiving a picture with a hole in for your photo.

Basically one has many layers that you can alter [template], the other has one layer [Quick Page, Plopper] that wont let you move any elements at all.
                        Last edited by AmeliasMuma; 08-18-2007, 08:15 PM.
                        Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• mint
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Oct 2006

I thank most of you are right depending on what site you are buying on.
                          Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Working...
                          X