X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove's May 2008 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

There's MORE! Everyone gets the freebie, and at the end of the month, three lucky, random participants will also receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. WOO-HOO!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The "Freebie" Part

Carena Scott has generously supplied a freebie mini-kit to all our Groove readers based on her full kit called “Alex” - “[A]versatile kit for both men and women. Scrap your family photos and outdoor photos. Warm neutral earthy colours to blend with any colour range with a little floral for the ladies and star bursts for the gents.”

The “Challenge” Part!

Carena has issued this challenge based on her freebie mini-kit:

“Use the freebie kit and complete a layout using all items. Multi use of the same item is allowed and recommended. Remember your elements don’t have to be completely within the page, they can hang out over the edge. Use as many photographs as you wish but they must be black and white or monotone. Make your pages as interesting as you can and most of all - have lots of fun..”

Three lucky, random challenge participants will get an official Scrapbook MAX!mousepad.

Love the mini-kit and want more? Get the full Alex Kit today!

So get the freebies, accept the challenge, and get in on the fun (and the possibility of a free mousepad!)

And of course, be sure to check out the May 2008 issue of The Groove (we're celebrating April Fool's Day in May)! You'll find more freebies, tips, and even an awesome discount on featured kits in the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store! (Plus, you can win a mousepad if you identify the three "Fake for April Fool's Day" headlines - details in The Groove!)

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
    Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • ryansmom66
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2008

Awesome, Thanks!
    Trisha
    My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

B & W or monotone, huh? I've been working on that tutorial you gave me but haven't been able to get the best results. I DID work out how to use it in PSE but the finished product is just not quite right. Guess now I'll have to step up and really get down to business so I can show it off in this challenge.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• The Groove
        • Jun 2006

Here's a hint - you can make photos "black and white" in Scrapbook MAX! with a few easy clicks. Just right-click on your photo, then choose Effects. From the menu that drops down, choose "grayscale".

Hope that helps!

Karin
        for The Groove
        The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
          Layout Whiz
          • Feb 2008

Great I love challenge !

Thanks for the kit Carena. Will do my best . Whoopies............time to 'work' :P
          sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• Oceania
            Mad Scrapper
            • Mar 2008

I hope I did this correctly

These photos are of my beautiful girls it was taken 5 years ago ((Gosh can't believe they are 5 now)) time really goes by fast.

sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• lily6570
              • Jun 2006

Here's my page for the challenge....Thanks Carena for the awesome freebies

Oceania....love how you used the doodle as part of the background. Very creative!
              My friends are: Moonlightpearl, thecombsfive

Comment

• crops2dawn
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Jul 2006

What is with this 'tag' thing???? First time I've ever seen this..
                BTW Thanks Carena! Love your stuffs!
                Oceania and Lily what beautiful layouts, your girls are soooo precious!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

WOwee - you girls are so so fast. Love your layouts - did you upload them to the gallery? Sorry haven't been into the gallery yet to take a look. To busy around the forum. LOL.

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far - keep them coming. I've uploaded one to the gallery myself - thought it might helps with some ideas and really get the juices flowing.

This is so much fun. Hugs from Carena
                  Kind wishes from Carena
                  Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                  Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Feb 2008

"My Angel"

Thank Carena for her lovely kit and Fiona for her lovely frame.

sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• Hypatia
                      • May 2007

Hi,

This is the first time I've tried this so I hope I can link you to my page in the gallery.

Hypatia
                      Last edited by Hypatia; 05-01-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Feb 2008

Opps,

I think I am not 'allow' to use green or red. I redo the 'color' so hope is correct. :P

Hi Hypatia, your link is not 'working' , you may want to check again.

Last edited by Pink Lollipop; 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: amend
                        sigpic

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Feb 2008

Hypatia,

I believe this is your page for challenge, I search and paste for you.

sigpic

Comment

• Hypatia
                            • May 2007

Thank you Pink Lollipop

You obviously have far more experience than me - I think I've managed to get the link to work now.

Thank you again,
                            Hypatia

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Feb 2008

Hi Hypatia,

You are welcome, the credit goes back to the members who guides me before. Thanks to Grannywin . Glad you figure how now , hope to see more of your fabulous layout too :P
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X