X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove November 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, we feature a great freebie mini-kit and a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The Challenge:

This month, designer Carena Scott is offering you a dreamy freebie, with awe-inspiring colors and embellishments!

Carena's Challenge: Make a layout using every embellishment and paper supplied in the mini kit plus use 1 shape of your choice and as many photos you'd like. Enjoy exploring clustering and have fun!

To get Carena's freebie, just download the .zip file attached to this post. You can extract the images as you would do from any zip file. You can either drag and drop the items into Scrapbook MAX!, or put the items in your scrapbooking folder, and browse to them by using the Browse button in Scrapbook MAX!.

Be sure to check out the November 2011 issue of The Groove. Get all the details about the brand new "Family Thanksgiving" Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 - over $100 worth of Thanksgiving and Autumn content for only $14.95 (special introductory pricing this month only!)
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • Letha
    Layout Whiz
    • Feb 2007

thanks for this challenge Carena. I like the kit!

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Nice page Letha.

And mine:

KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Letha
        Layout Whiz
        • Feb 2007

I love it Sandrine! nice job

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

Just as a side note before I get on to scrapping this mini kit ladies.....the entire kit is just beautiful!!! Absolutely great!
          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Carena
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by tin tin View Post
            Just as a side note before I get on to scrapping this mini kit ladies.....the entire kit is just beautiful!!! Absolutely great!
            Oh! - Thanks

Just got up this morning and find 2 gorgeous layouts done already in the gallery. Girls, you are so fast and what a lovely surprise for me. Love starting my day off like this.

As some have you may already have seen - I've been all a buzz about hosting this challenge this month and can't wait to see those pages. I hope you all enjoy working with the mini kit. Enjoy
            Kind wishes from Carena
            Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
            Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• cheesepiece
              Layout Whiz
              • Apr 2010

In The Long Grass

Thanks to Carena for this mini kit, it was a pleasure to scrap.
              The pic is my grandaughter Emily exploring the jungle that was my garden. Shame on Grandad for letting it grow so long... He did get round to cutting it, but I think the bairn prefered it the way it was.

Fonzzy your page was smashing.

Comment

• Carena
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2007

LOL - Well I thought she was walking through a paddock. Ooops, my mistake. LOL . Wonderful page.
                Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

I've used everything in the Freebie - The green paper I've used with one of the shapes from my Paper Shapes Page Starters.
                  My 2nd layout I made the cluster and I have lowered the opacity so it blends into the paper and I've scattered around the edges of my paper. OMG - Now I give away "Trade Secrets" LOL Me and my big mouth. Ha ha - hope you like this technique and give it a try out.

My page where I restrained myself

and after that I went a little crazy. LOL. Just my usual style.

Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• sacannon
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Aug 2006

Here is my try at this. The shape I used is from Deanne's kit Pastel Pink. These are my great nieces Kari and her little sister Cera.

http://
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• fourfoxes
                      Digi Sage
                      • Oct 2007

Prom 2011

Thanks for the beautiful mini kit Carena! I haven't done a challenge in so long! This was fun! My shape was from Carena's Paper Shapes Page Starters. Added a little word art of mine.

Last edited by fourfoxes; 11-01-2011, 10:30 PM.

Debby
                      My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Sep 2007

Hi Carena Well I did it, after a long absence, I hope I have done your kit worthy.

and my second LO too!!!!!

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

Aggie and Debby - So nice to see your scrapping challenges again. I'm so very pleased that I have managed to inspire you once again. Fabulous layouts and a pleasure to view.
                          I've left love in the gallery on each and every layout done so far. Looking forward to seeing everyones to come.
                          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• fonzzy
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2011

Comment

• cheesepiece
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Apr 2010

Just had a look through the gallery and there are some really amazing layouts made with this super kit by Carena. There is a great buzz with this challenge. Thanks again to Carena for the inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                              X