X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

The Groove January 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Happy New Year from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a breathtakingly elegant Victorian-themed mini-kit for you to scrap with. Simply click on the file named Victorian-Rose-Mini-Kit-by-Fiona-Storey.smb - you'll find it below under Attached Files. Download and save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!. You'll find the kit's items under Object> Embellishment, Object> Paper Scrap, and under Page> Settings by choosing Background Image and Select Background.

The Challenge:

Using at least three (3) items from the freebie kit, make a page that honours a friend or person you admire.

Be sure to check out the January 2011 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts that reflect on Christmas (just) past, and a fabulous discount on the all-new Christmas Wishes Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0!
    Attached Files
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Preview

Here's the preview to the mini kit, I do hope you all enjoy it and have fun scrapping

My-Scrapbook-000-Page-1.jpg

Shameless plug time this is part of a band new kit and template set that will be uploaded to store pretty soon called Victorian Rose

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• grannywin
      Layout Whiz
      • Sep 2006

Cherished Volunteers

It has been so long since I uploaded a picture. Time to get back into the designing mode again! Thanks Fiona for the beautiful kit. It inspired me to create this thank you card for all the people who have helped me get around in the past few months. I couldn't focus on only one person. Many people were involved. This will be the front page of my Thank You notes.

Can't say I ignored SBM during my "vacation" from posting. I created two huge slideshows for friend's birthdays. That is a wonderful feature of this program.

I used the picture frame, the white doily, the bow (changed the color with the Hue command), and a chopped set of beads. The text was created in MS Word.

Last edited by grannywin; 01-02-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

Here is Mine... I Admire my Nana!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
        Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Thanks Fiona, Great Mini Kit!!!
          Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
            Digi Sage
            • Sep 2010

Thank You Fiona,

What a beautiful kit! Here is my layout.

Comment

• lindaathome
              Digi Sage
              • Jan 2010

I also chose my Mom and Dad.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• angelwithin
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Nov 2006

oh wow these pages are gorgeous, well done everyone

, Check out my store
                Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Frannieanne
                  • Oct 2010

I love everyones pages, I like the victorian look. Here is mine, thanks Fiona, I just used items out of your kit.

Comment

• lindaathome
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jan 2010

Lovely LO Frannieanne!
                    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• Kimmyann
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Mar 2009

Here is another one!!! Everything is from the mini, I just cropped the frame, for a different look.

Love Everyone's LO's....... The Pictures everyone is using are Awesome!!! (I Like old Pictures, Ya'll)

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Hugs!!

Comment

• Kelli Stone
                        • Nov 2010

I used several pieces if the Victorian Rose mini kit,it is so gorgeous! I will be looking forward to the whole kit in the store! The book that my Grandmothers picture is in, came from the Naturally Yours kit, also by Fiona. I recolored it a bit, to coordinate with the tones in the mini kit. The border and background accent papers are from the Antheia kit, also by Fiona, The flower came from Magical memories by Fiona. My Grandmother loves flowers, her page needed this one! The stitches and raggedy Ann(recolored) were from a previous freebie/ challenge from Michelle/Wolvsie, and the needle came from the crafty charm kit, I think that must be Michelle too. I added the needle and stitches because my Grandmother taught me to sew. The Raggedy Ann had to be on her page! I just bought her one for Christmas, She mentioned to me last year, that it was her favorite toy when she was a little girl. She had cut out a picture of one, and taped it to her refrigerator.

Comment

• angelwithin
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Nov 2006

these are fabulous.....

kimmy I think you've been looking at the whole kit (but i dont know how lol) the lace behind the button - i have one just like that in the full kit lol
                          Kelli that is a wonderful combo of kits to make that page

, Check out my store
                          Here

Comment

• Kelli Stone
                            • Nov 2010

This is my Grandmothers hands.(Same Grandmother as previous post) This picture was taken this Christmas. She is handing a jingle bell necklace to her 2 year old, great, great Granddaughter. I was trying to get a picture of the two of them, but it was not a great shot. I cropped just the hands. I love this picture. It makes me want to cry to look at it. I chose to omit journaling. Some pictures really do paint 1000 words.
                            Fiona- This is Brians mom, Donna Thomas's Mother in law.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Mar 2009

Fiona, Great Minds Think Alike!!! LOL ...... You know I Love stuff Like this, it helps to Tell Stories from Times Past or Now. Can't wait to see the New Kit!!
                              Hugs!!

Comment

Working...
                              X