• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makeyesup
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2006

Desmond/Karin only - Opening thread comments

When in a forum thread and want to go to a specific comment, under the old SBM, it would open in a new window and thus be easy to save or print just that specific one. The new site does not do this, only brings you to the comment which is the same as it is when you scroll to it.

Believe that I questioned this before and received users comments to copy and paste which I do; however, consider this as band-aid solution as it is more work and not efficient.

Is there any chance that opening a specific comment in a new window will be added? Or has this been already registered with the site programers to add in the future? Most sites do have this option and I personally use it a lot for instructional comments and challenge information. That way I can save as a .pdf to use when I am not online. If I copy and paste, I then have to insert infor as to from where I received it.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Very good comment!! I second your question!!

Comment

• makeyesup
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2006

Bringing this up to the front in hopes that we will get a response, thanks.

&

Comment

• Desmond
        Resident Geek
        • Jan 2006

Hello,

I think I know what you're talking about. In the old forum software (before the latest update), if you clicked on one of the number links (eg makeeyesup -- in your last message, if you clicked on the #3 link), you would be taken to a web page displaying just the one single post -- not the rest of the posts.

Unfortunately I can't find a way to do this with the new forum software -- this is one of those things that we're just at the mercy of vBulletin for. Yes, we could 'hack' the software apart and add that type of functionality, but that causes issues when updating in the future, so i doubt we'll be doing that.

One thing you may want to take a peak at are the 'Display' settings (found at the top of the thread) ... you can adjust how the thread is displayed -- perhaps one of the other views would be better suited to your purposes on occasion (Eg printing).

I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

Desmond.
        |

Comment

• makeyesup
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2006

Thanks so much for responding. Disappointed that it can't be done; however, I understand.
          Will look at the display settings again to see if there is anything that I missed before and is useful. Know when I tried to do a print preview, it brought up everything. If the response to the thread was all on one specific page, it was Ok as I could do a print for the single page either to a .pdf page or directly to my printer.. However, when it split, I still ended up the with the same problem.
          Perhaps the software will put that functionality in a future update. Any chance as a purchaser of their product, you can suggest it?

&

Comment

Working...
          X