• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Kaye's Challenge for October

Well folks, very kindly Kaye has offered to kick off a challenge for you to replace the Groove Challenge this month. Not sure what she might have in mind but I'm sure it will be lots of fun. I'm sure Scrapbook Max won't mind us doing this and so I'm opening the thread for you Kaye.
    So I leave it up to you Kaye to post the challenge. Can't wait to see it and join in the fun.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.
  • Saviscrap
    • Nov 2011

Thank you Carena for starting up a thread for me, and I hope SBM is all ok with this :-)

So I'm kind of nervous lol but hopefully it will be fun!

So the challenge:

1. I want you to use a plain paper background
    2. I then want you to use whatever kit you want and make the plain bG paper into something pretty, by placing some objects on the BG then using the transparecy tool to make them fade into the background EG: in the sample i have used a plain green paper and used some leaves and flowers and transparently placed them on the paper.
    3. Then duplicate the BG paper and made it darker and use the eraser tool to scrub out a lot of the paper to give it a kind of texture.
    4. I then want you to incorporate the transparent images you have used onto the page to make the layout.

5. I also want you to set your shadow onto these settings 43 53 68 with the colour as dark grey. You can change them to suit your particular page, but play around a little bit and see the lovely effect a nice deep shadow gives.

Here is a sample page I have done.

Ok I hope you all have fun with this challenge and I can't wait to get out of bed in the morning to see if anyone has participated!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
      Scrap Guru
      • Mar 2009

Thanks Kaye!!! I will Play later... (You made it hard for me, Flowers???) LOL!!
      Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

Kaye,

I think I followed the directions

Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Ok... I was looking at my last layout and it seemed to be Drab..... So I added the dulicated page back Lighten it, erased some, and layered it. I like this one better.

Hugs!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
            Scrap Guru
            • Jun 2010

Cute!
            Great challenge Kaye!
            KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Kimmyann
              Scrap Guru
              • Mar 2009

Here is Another!! How About these flowers Kaye? (Stretching me out of My World )

But My Colors still Say..... LOL ( Sepia, Greens, Beiges, Browns)
              Hugs!!

Comment

• fonzzy
                Layout Whiz
                • Feb 2011

Great challenge Kaye going to Sydney today do challenge Sunday fonzzy

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Kimmyann - OH you poor thing! Even when it's not my challenge you are still stuck with the flowers. LOL. I must say that you did a awesome job on your layouts - even with flowers - Are you sure you're not a flower girl just a little bit afterall. Well done. Super job.
                  Now it's raining her today - got some baking to do as Caitlyn is back to school on Monday after 2 weeks of holidays but will get a page done today for sure.
                  Kaye - you are just like me - Can't wait to check the computer in the morning to see what pages have been done for your challenge. It's exciting isn't it?

OH! and Kimmyann - I'm working on a masculine kit - After challenge poor Kaye a number of times this month - I thought perhaps I'd better challenge myself a bit and make a masculine kit with NO FLOWERS. LOL - A challenge indeed for me as you all know how much I love flowers.
                  Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Saviscrap
                    • Nov 2011

Kimmy you have done a wonderful job!! I like the way you also remembered Carenas challenge and tried to make the page "pop" a bit with the added highlighting! It shows that these challenges are so helpful doesn't it.

Now Kimmy....where does it say you need to use flowers?? lol, You can use whatever yuou want.

Yes Carena, when it is you that has hosted a challenge it is quite exciting to see what everyone does.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Mar 2009

Thanks to Both of You!!!

I guess Ya'll are turning me into a Flower Girlie

Kaye, it say in #2 Leaves and Flowers... I was trying to follow your rules . Yes, the Challenges do stick with you!! It gives you more opitions with your layouts.

Carena, Come on with the Masculine stuff!!!..... Being a Tom Boy is hard, when all my Designers and Friends on here keep wanting Flowers

Thanks To You Both for Stretching my Mind!!!
                      Hugs!!

Comment

• Wendy M
                        Mad Scrapper
                        • Feb 2012

Nice challenge Kaye and great job on the LO's Ladies!!

Will work on mine today.

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

OK here I back - couldn't do a thing around the house until I done a layout for the challenge. As usual I've done a little extra - sorry I'm a designer - just can't help myself.

As well as following the rules - I've added in a little extra - I've used my Make Papers Set 1 - where you can use a shape to make your own paper pattern - in store HERE. My solid paper start was the dark cream colour.
                          The flowers/leaves in #2 I used the clock, and vines.
                          I also flattened my image and then duplicated and changed the paper to LIGHTER and then used the eraser tool - erased the outside edge to reveal the darker image and also put in the "V" shapes more obvious in the open area just above the word art.
                          I have cheated a little and used my clusters frames for this layout instead of making all from fresh but seeing as I made them in the first place - thought I'd get away with it. LOL.
                          Just for you Kinnyann - very few flowers.
                          Kit: Vintage Steampunk by me - Carena's Designs.

Last edited by Carena; 10-12-2012, 04:37 PM.
                          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Saviscrap
                            • Nov 2011

Beautiful Carena!!

Sorry you couldn't get your housework done lol....I too should be doing a few things before I go to work, but i had to work on another non flowery one for Kimmy hehe.

Comment

• Carena
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jun 2007

LOL Kimmy has got us both working extra hard double time. LOL.
                              Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Working...
                              X