X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

The Groove April 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Katie Castillo has shared a lovely "tea-time" inspired alphabet with you for your scrapping pleasure. Simply click on the file named Have-Tea-With-Me-Freebie-Alpha.smb - you'll find it below under Attached Files. Download and save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!.

You'll find the kit's items under Object> Embellishment.

The Challenge:

Make a layout featuring a photo or photos that mean "friendship" to you. Then, get creative with the alphabet, and add friendship-inspired words to your page. You can use Katie's letters to start your words (and fill in the rest with the Caption Object) OR spell out entire words with the alphabet letters. Get creative!

To enter the challenge: Upload your layout to our gallery in the Groove Newsletter Challenges category, then post it here in this thread for us to see!

Be sure to check out the April 2011 issue of The Groove. Find out all about a great new kits for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, and more!.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 04-01-2011, 10:02 PM.
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Now you get me all excited that the Newsletter is out and it's not just yet. Oh rats. Looking forward to it. Hugs
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• ronnalouise
      • Apr 2008

thanks for the free alphas. Is that all in this kit. I can't seem to find any papers etc.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2009

Thank you for the beautiful Alpha kit Katie!! It's gorgeous Here is my first LO, I used papers from wolvsie's summer kit and embies from carena's vintage rose kit. Thank you to all designers

Kelly
        Last edited by ksd_24_f; 04-01-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2009

Here's another one I did.. I tried to get creative and scraplift the alpha's.. hope that's o.k. I used papers and embies from Carena's Autumn Equinox kit.

Kelly

Comment

• Carena
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2007

Kelly - are you serious - already 2 stunning layouts - you must be on something LOL and I want some. he he he. Beautiful job and awesome colour matching alpha to your layouts.
            I'm just waiting on a thread to open - I'm hosting the Designers Challenge this month - so watch out for that one.
            Kind wishes from Carena
            Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
            Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2009

whoot whoot!! awesome! Yeah, well with all these new kits I just purchased, I have scrap fever!!! I'm dying to get my vintage farm kit!! Love love love all the work you designers do!! You are so creative and super talented! Thanks for doing what you guys do!!

Comment

• Frannieanne
                • Oct 2010

Kelly, your layouts are great. I don't even know what you mean by scrap lifting

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2009

Here's another one! I was just reading a thread on how to make your text into perfect circles, so I had to test it out!! IT WORKS!! In case there are others on here, that like me, struggled to get your ribbon text in a perfect arch or circle, click on advanced and then click on 'connect endpoints', get rid of the middle dot by right clicking on it and voila!! Perfect arch!
                  Used Michelle's Candy and Dot's kit for this one. Such a cute kit!! And I'm lovin' these alpha's!

Kelly

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Frannieanne View Post
                    Kelly, your layouts are great. I don't even know what you mean by scrap lifting
                    Thank you Frannieanne, 'scraplifting' is usually when you take someone's LO, and change the embies or papers to make it your own, but in this case, I copied Katie's alpha's to create my own that went with the colors of my LO.

Comment

• lindaathome
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jan 2010

Wow Kelly, you are on a roll. Awesome pages. I love them all.
                      I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• Karin
                        • Jan 2006

Hi Everyone!

Love the enthusiasm shining through here right away (Kelly - what brand of coffee are you drinking? Or is this your natural energy - love it!!)

Love the different "takes" on the theme, especially the totally different effects you can get with colorizing. Very cool!

ronnalouise - yes, this kit is an alpha set (there are no papers). You will find a complete set of numbers, and a complete alphabet including lowercase and uppercase letters (all done with an attractive scalloped background design) under Object > Embellishments after downloading and importing the kit.

Enjoy! - and thanks again, Katie!

Karin

Comment

• pmeparker96
                          • Oct 2010

Comment

• SBM Diane
                            Digi Sage
                            • Sep 2010

Beautiful layouts everyone! I decided to go with a tea party theme for my layout. My daughter is having tea with her favorite toy.

Last edited by SBM Diane; 04-06-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Monkey Toes Too
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Feb 2010

I had a job to do this this alphabet is girly and I have a boy. I think I made it work.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Kim Goodman

Proudly CT for Kapiscrap & Art and Digi Cyber Scraps

Comment

Working...
                              X