• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desmond
    Resident Geek
    • Jan 2006

Scrapbook MAX! Content Backup Utility

Hello Everyone,

I've created a simple backup utility for your embellishments and templates. You can download it from this thread.

This is an 'as is', 'use at your own risk' application that I created. It is in no way supported by Indigo Rose Software.

I would appreciate any comments / suggestions that you have. Also, though I have tested this on my system, I would like to know if any of you have problems running it.

There are 2 buttons:
    Back Up Embellishments - copies all files from [Install Location]\gallery\images to a folder that you specify
    Back Up Templates - copies all files from [My Documents]\Scrapbook MAX!\Templates to a folder you specify

The files copied are indiscriminate -- in other words, it will copy *Everything*, not just files that haven't yet been backed up. This is a really nice way to back up your entire collection.

Once you have your templates / embellishments copied to a new location, just burn those folders to CD, and you have a full backup!

Desmond.
    Attached Files
    |
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

I haven't opened it yet but thanks so much, Desmond. This is a great addition - sometimes I forget to back up all the things we download to the program rather than My Documents. Thanks a bunch!
    Julie

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

THANKS so much DESMOND!! THIS IS SO THOUGHTFUL!! Will let you know of any difficulties!!!

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Have downloaded, yet to try it but sounds just great. Thank you Desmond.
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

Desmond

It worked great! I have one question - I have the zip file on my desktop but where will I find the program that's unzipped when I want to backup the stuff again?

Oops - one more question? It backs up the scraps and shapes, too, doesn't it? I thought I saw them whizzing by!

Thanks a million!
          Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
            Digi Sage
            • May 2006

P.S. It ran really quickly - didn't take too much time at all! Now I just need to find it to run it again!
            Julie

Comment

• Linda
              Layout Whiz
              • May 2006

Wonderful Desmond; thank you!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Lisa S
                • Jul 2006

It worked Great! Thanks. Now everyone just has to remember to do backups every once in awhile. But this does make it easier!
                Lisa

Comment

• rosana brito
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jul 2006

Fantastic!!!!!

Thanks Desmond., it was of much value this perfectioning in very helps them not to lose our ornaments ok, I am happy for you if to worry with the welfare of the people of this community in providing better performances, this and very rewarding for all in ok

Kisses ( already I used and fantastic, not necessary more to be worried in it reorganizes them)

Comment

• Desmond
                    Resident Geek
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                    It worked great! I have one question - I have the zip file on my desktop but where will I find the program that's unzipped when I want to backup the stuff again?

Oops - one more question? It backs up the scraps and shapes, too, doesn't it? I thought I saw them whizzing by!

Thanks a million!
                    Hello,

The program I created doesn't zip up the files, it just copies them into a folder of your choosing. So you can just copy them back to the correct location later.

If you zip up that folder, then you'll just have to use the same application to 'unzip' it afterwards (Should you ever need to restore).

Desmond.
                    |

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Desmond View Post
                      Hello,

The program I created doesn't zip up the files, it just copies them into a folder of your choosing. So you can just copy them back to the correct location later.

If you zip up that folder, then you'll just have to use the same application to 'unzip' it afterwards (Should you ever need to restore).

Desmond.
                      I didn't explain myself very well. The program you created is still in a zip file on my desktop. Did the program install anywhere or do I just use the zip file when I'm backing them up? I hope this is clearer - it backed up the files perfectly in files that I chose. I just wonder if the program is now unzipped and somewhere?! Thanks, Desmond!
                      Julie

Comment

• Desmond
                        Resident Geek
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                        I didn't explain myself very well. The program you created is still in a zip file on my desktop. Did the program install anywhere or do I just use the zip file when I'm backing them up? I hope this is clearer - it backed up the files perfectly in files that I chose. I just wonder if the program is now unzipped and somewhere?! Thanks, Desmond!

Ahh! I'm sorry, I should have thought of that. No, it doesn't install anywhere. I zipped the exe file so I could post on these forums. You can just keep that zip around, and use it whenever you want to back-up. The EXE file inside doesn't have to be installed anywhere, and is completely self-contained.

Desmond.
                        |

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Desmond View Post
                          Ahh! I'm sorry, I should have thought of that. No, it doesn't install anywhere. I zipped the exe file so I could post on these forums. You can just keep that zip around, and use it whenever you want to back-up. The EXE file inside doesn't have to be installed anywhere, and is completely self-contained.

Desmond.
                          Thanks, Desmond! It's a great little utility and I'll just keep the zip file on my desktop. I'm learning more and more every day! This program is a wonderful teaching program besides being a great scrapbooking program. Because it's easy to learn the basics, you can "baby-step" into other things!!

Thanks again. Oh - P.S. Since I haven't checked the files, it does back up the scraps and shapes, too, doesn't it? It looked like it - I've been too lazy to make sure!
                          Julie

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Dec 2006

Yep this backs up the shapes and scraps.
                            Its a very cool program, thanky Desmond. You have a heart of gold thinking of us and how to help us backup our graphics. You're a Supa-Star.
                            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Dec 2006

I noticed all the templates went straight onto my desk top [not into a folder like the scraps n shapes etc did] so its useful to make a folder named templates 1st then have the program copy them in to that new template folder.
                              Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X