PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Challenge 21 ~ This is who I am!

angelwithin
03-24-2008, 08:13 AM
This weeks challenge should be fun :rolleyes:

My sister is studing for a fine art degree in college and they were set a task which i figured out could be done as scrapbook layouts :D

this task is to do a self portrait without using your actual photograph!

using images such as landscapes, animals, fruits (or nuts in most of your cases lol) wordarts, infact using anything that is not actually a photograph of yourself creat a page that tells everyone...........

''This is Who I Am''

Rules

1) Make a page(s) which is a self portrait of yourself without using your actual photograph

2) you may use any kits, papers or embellishments you like in your page but remember it is polite to credit

3) the page can take any format you like, be as creative as you want

4) this challenge ends on Sunday 30th March

5) HAVE FUN !

O2BNGdHope
03-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Wow......I'm thinking you may have actually stumped us with this one.....

Wickel
03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Okay here is my page hehehe :D
This was fun, thanks for the challenge !
Everything I used on this page comes from either the SBM program or things donated by scrapsville residents :) Now you all know a lil more about me, can't wait to see yours !

angelwithin
03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
excellent page wickel but you forgot the straight jacket *giggles and runs*

here's my page which i'll probably redo cos i dont like it lol

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/1585/Copy-of-This-is-me_-000-Page-1.jpg

sacannon
03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Great Idea! Will have to think on this one. Maybe tonight or tomorrow I will have something. Have to go spend time with hubby now, he is home from work!

grannywin
03-24-2008, 02:52 PM
With all this introspection with are doing, we can all fire the psychologists. It will be interesting to see the outcome of these layouts.

Marion
03-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Is this what you had in mind?????????? :D:D:D

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Weekly-Challenge-21-Me---Food-000-Page-1_800_x_800_.jpg

angelwithin
03-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Marion that is priceless :D

pkdoll
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Marion are you trying to tell us you are a fruit?? or fruity?? can't be a fruitcake!! This is wayyyy tooooo funny!

autisticwonder
03-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Marion...this is HYsTERiCALLY FuNNy!!!WOW! GO Girl!!!!

O2BNGdHope
03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Fiona, I can see you like small ears, straight white teeth and finger painting. But WHAT is that in the bottom petal beside your teeth????

pilotswife
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Marion,
I love your layout! What a hoot!
nb

TNLori
03-24-2008, 10:17 PM
The quite tones of the background represents my preference to remain in the background, and the picture is for my love of cats (that is one of my cats, by the way). Then I added several simple word arts that describe who I am.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/2145/Weekly-challenge-21-000-Page-1.jpg

Moonbeam
03-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Is this what you had in mind?????????? :D:D:D

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Weekly-Challenge-21-Me---Food-000-Page-1_800_x_800_.jpg

crumbs Marion!!!! it actually looks like you hehehe

Moonlightpearl
03-25-2008, 02:59 AM
Marion wow yours is so original, It put a big smile on my son's face and he was staring at it for a while (he is 2 1/2).Great!

twpclerk
03-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Oh, Marion, you're tooooooooooooo funny!!!

twpclerk
03-25-2008, 11:27 AM
This is me!! and this was fun!! I used one of Donna's 8 Templates and September's Magnolia by Muma Bear's Designs. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone like this, will anyone be any funnier than Marion!?!
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/2233/twp_This-is-Who-I-Am.jpg

makeyesup
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Great layouts all. Love looking at them.

angelwithin
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Fiona, I can see you like small ears, straight white teeth and finger painting. But WHAT is that in the bottom petal beside your teeth????

thats a tear...i cry really easily :eek:

angelwithin
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
these pages are fabulous everyone :D

O2BNGdHope
03-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Awwww.....you have a tender heart? I can see the tear now that I know what I'm looking at. And the ear means you're a good listener and the teeth are because you like to laugh! The archer is in question, though. What is the symbolism behind that????

angelwithin
03-25-2008, 02:13 PM
rofl i'm a saggitarian....our symbol is the archer...ever aiming high

O2BNGdHope
03-25-2008, 02:54 PM
<rotfl> I thought you were into sports...:D... This was fun trying to guess the meanings of things in your layout. I might try that rather than tell......Hmmm,let's see.......

sacannon
03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
here is my try at this.

I used Fiona's "Black and Tan" kit for this. Here is the link if you would like it:
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/store/product.php?productid=1589&cat=0&page=4 (http://www.scrapbookmax.com/store/product.php?productid=1589&cat=0&page=4)

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/sac_This-is-me-000-Page-1.jpg

ryansmom66
03-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Here is mine.. I used the quilt template from Manatee25 and all the papers and embellishment is from mh51's Colourful Kit.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/CHALLENGES-000-Challenge-21.jpg

O2BNGdHope
03-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Ok, here's mine. I'm not a very interesting person but here are a few things about me. My family (immediate and extended) are very important to me. As I spend most of my "free" time babysitting my grandchildren, they are a big part of who I am at this moment in time. I also love to read by the fireplace. My favorite time of year is Autumn. I'm a musician. These are the instruments I have and I sing but only at church. I LOVE thunderstorms (my mother's fault). But first and foremost, I'm a born-again Christian. My salvation is an important part of ME also.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/blossom-006-Pictureless-Me.jpg

grannywin
03-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Who am I? I hope you can tell that I value a sense of humor from this layout. Right now I have two passions in life-gardening and scrapbooking. I am not the best cook, but I will be remembered for my desserts (see layout). Since the grandson arrived, I took the cake decorating tools out of storage. I have been know to dig up some family secrets with my geneology snooping! It is like a wonderful mystery story. I reach two big milestones this year--married 45 years and turning age 65. I am also proud of my hawaiian heritage that is represented in this picture.

angelwithin
03-26-2008, 04:59 AM
i knew this would be a fun challenge, all the pages are so different and wonderful :D

O2BNGdHope
03-26-2008, 05:03 AM
Very nice,ladies. This is a super way to learn something new about people. Like I never would have guessed you could make a skirt from Pineapples. :D And the candy......well that never goes to my "shirt area", it always shows up on my thighs.

sacannon
03-26-2008, 07:24 AM
These are all so Unique, I love them. Grannywin you sound like me. I am not the best cook either, but love making deserts and genealogy too!

O2BNGdHope
03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
If anybody wants my piano, guitar, banjo or psaltry, I can share them but I need to know how. They are saved as a png. Do I have to save them as jpegs? And then just put the thumbnails on here?

angelwithin
03-26-2008, 11:03 AM
just upload the pngs in the manage attachments below the posting box

QQ down there
|
|
|
\|/

wolvsie35
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
These are all priceless....Love them..
Marion, I knew you were a fruit...lol...<wink> Your page is to die for...I will get working on mine shortly...:D

pilotswife
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
If anybody wants my piano, guitar, banjo or psaltry, I can share them but I need to know how. They are saved as a png. Do I have to save them as jpegs? And then just put the thumbnails on here?

I would love to have the guitar! Thanks! nb

TNLori
03-26-2008, 02:50 PM

You should be able to attach them as .png files. They transfer just as well.

I have a banjo (real one) and a mandolin, but don't have a clue how to play them. I'd love to learn. I did play flute, piccolo, and the bassoon in high school, though. Yup, I was a band geek, and proud of it, too. :cool:

Marion
03-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Wonderful layouts everyone!

KPierce
03-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I would love to have the guitar! Thanks! nb
Yes, I would love to have the graphics. Thanks

grannywin
03-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Yup, I was a band geek, and proud of it, too. :cool:

Hey Lori, some of the best times in my life were following the school band and my son to different shows and competitions. I secretly wish I was a band geek like you. That is my goal for the twilight years--play a piano.

angelwithin
03-26-2008, 07:03 PM
mmmm banjo ...is it a chocolate banjo cookie like we have here in the uk...if so i want one pweze :D

omajo
03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Very unique and funny layouts,.......love all of them, congratulations everybody !!

pilotswife
03-26-2008, 08:42 PM
The kitty in my layout is Basil. I had to find a new home for him because of the landlord and my son's allergies and I miss him still after 4 years. He was so big he got stuck in our doggie door! One day I will have another kitty. We have a dog and a bird now and I love them but they aren't cats.

Okay, now for the credits: The paper and embellishments are from Angela Young, Wordart from Bethany Harty originally but Granny had to fix it for me, even after I stole her passport :D(hee hee). The friends are from MommaBird. The memories embellishments are from d27 (autisticwonder?). The coffee is from Marion, I think. The cross necklace is from mommyscraps. Thanks everyone.

tahine
03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
hahahaha Granny......love your pineapple hula skirt...LOL

Who am I? I hope you can tell that I value a sense of humor from this layout. Right now I have two passions in life-gardening and scrapbooking. I am not the best cook, but I will be remembered for my desserts (see layout). Since the grandson arrived, I took the cake decorating tools out of storage. I have been know to dig up some family secrets with my geneology snooping! It is like a wonderful mystery story. I reach two big milestones this year--married 45 years and turning age 65. I am also proud of my hawaiian heritage that is represented in this picture.

Moonlightpearl
03-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Grannywin you are so funny ! Your pineapple skirt is really unusual.

O2BNGdHope
03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Pilotswife.....a "bionic nose"?.......you have to explain that one!

pilotswife
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
That one's easy. I have other quirks that are much more complex. I am very sensitive to smells. Sometimes they trigger migraines but other times I simply notice a smell before everyone else does. I have an old friend who used to tease me and say I have a bionic nose and then a few years ago we both read a "Sisterchicks" novel about two best friends and one of the characters had a "bionic nose". So that cemented it for my friend.

Ellandriel
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Here is my page!

O2BNGdHope
03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm having trouble with the size of the PNGs. Mine are much too large. I will try to resize them and send them tomorrow night.

alwayshope
03-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Lori - I love your page. What beautiful words and a wonderful way to present yourself. Very inspiring!

TNLori
03-27-2008, 07:21 AM
some of the best times in my life were following the school band and my son to different shows and competitions.

That's what my parents did, too. At the time, I hated it because I couldn't go anywhwere without them. Now that I'm older, I'm glad that I'll always have those memories.

That is my goal for the twilight years--play a piano.

It's never too late to start. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. :D

O2BNGdHope
03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Ok, the musical instruments are in the Embellishment section. Hope you can use them. Thanks Fiona for helping me size them correctly!!!

pilotswife
03-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Ooh! I'm going to go nab them! Thanks!

Oceania
03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi all, this is my first ever attempt at this so ummm well I hope it works lol

pilotswife
03-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Oceania, What a cool page! My daughter loves the background you used - all her favorite colors!

grannywin
03-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Oceania, What a cool page! My daughter loves the background you used - all her favorite colors!

Ditto to the colors. The layout brought a smile to my face. You have great qualities and definitely a good sense of color. Hope to see you in more challenges.

O2BNGdHope
03-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Hi all, this is my first ever attempt at this so ummm well I hope it works lol

Great colors!! They show off your "bright" and "colorful" attributes! You forgot to put down your "sparkly" personality, though! LOL! Very pretty page!

angelwithin
03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
great job everyone :D

lovely colours oceania

h my goodness i better go make you lot a prize kit - its nearly sunday already :eek:

Oceania
03-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Thank you all, and to the one who mentioned I left out **Sparkling** Your so very right - smacks my own hand and remembers for next time lol I also left out smiley :) but never mind it was a first and a little rushed as with my daughters comes many disruptions. I am learning heaps and look forward to all the challenges in the future. I love how you are all so helpful, cheerful, inspirational and great teachers you are all what makes this place shine :) Thank you all :)

LindaPete
03-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I struggled a little with this one. There were so many images and ideas that I thought I should include that it always ended up looking too cluttered. So, I simplified......
Credits go to mh51 (Mary) for the Blue corduroy fabric, and Fiona for the fancy shapes that I used to punch the blue corduroy tag, otherwise, everything came with my SBM program.

mswizard
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
WOW! These are the BEST layouts i have seen in a long time! What a cool idea! Sorry i can't do one...both my computers and external HD melted with all my scrap stuff and I don't have anything on my new computer yet...really...NOTHING....except Office 2007 and firefox lol. Anyone happen to know if I can put SBM on this computer without having to pay for it again? I still have the disc...somewhere:eek:. I am thinking about getting the new baby edition though...:rolleyes:

Any how...GREAT pages everyone! Love them all!!!!

fourfoxes
03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Here is my page. All the things I like and dislike about myself are on this page LOL!:eek:

I used a quilt page from Tina Sudweeks. Cross clipart and "golden pond" photo are from the internet everything else was from SBM. The font I used is called Brady Bunch.

angelwithin
03-29-2008, 02:14 PM
i love all the pages so far...it's great to see all those wonderful hidden bits of info ;)

challenge ends tomorrow just before whatever time i decide to go to bed lol

there will not be a weekly challenge next week but take a peek in the Groove newsletter when it comes out early next week as there will be a month long challenge starting and there will also be the Designer month long challenge starting so that should keep you all out of trouble for a while lol

*wanders off singing* and they call it puppy lovveeeee

fourfoxes
03-29-2008, 03:08 PM
*wanders off singing* and they call it puppy lovveeeee

. . . . No wonder my ears hurt! I wondered what that was! ;)

pilotswife
03-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Here is my page. All the things I like and dislike about myself are on this page LOL!:eek:

Fourfoxes, if that's as bad as you get, you are a saint! I'm glad someone besides me put in a few of their less desirable traits. Of course I left out just enough to remain mysterious.:D

angelwithin
03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
well done everyone who joined in the challenge this week...it's been great fun looking at all your pages :D

all thsoe who have entered will recieve a PM with the link to download a kit from me called 'Possibilities' image attached so you can see what you are getting :D

no challenge next week as The Groove Challenge & The Designer Challenge will be starting

The next weekly challenge starts on 7th April

Thankyou all for making the weekly challenges such a sucess :D

sacannon
03-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Love it Fiona, thank you so much!!!!!

O2BNGdHope
03-30-2008, 10:13 AM
I hope that button comes out with your name on it! Love the kit. Thanks a bunch.

ryansmom66
03-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Thank you, Fiona! Its beautiful.

angelwithin
03-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I hope that button comes out with your name on it! Love the kit. Thanks a bunch.

it does ...gonna make a who lot with different words for store :D

pilotswife
03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Thank you Fiona!

Melons
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
ok here is mine, think it is all fairly self explanatory lol...fave colours, what I like, things I feel or like feeling etc...the melon is my nick name because I have big boobies and it goes with helen...helenmelons was my nick name at school and still is lol

LindaPete
03-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Melons - love your page, bright and catchy!

Fiona - thanks for the gift, it's lovely!

Pink Lollipop
04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Great layouts everyone. :) Is such a pleasure to see it . Good job :)