PDA

View Full Version : weekly challenge 20 - prefusion of colour

angelwithin
03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
it's monday so its a new weekly challenge day :D

this weeks challenge is all about re-colouring items in the max program - we are going to use the advanced settings :eek:

instructions on how to recolour items in max

to re-colour items in max is easy
for embellishments > open the png > right click on it > go to effects > advanced > in here is lots of ways to adjust and change your images & embellishments
for re-colouring grey items i tend to use ''sepia'' followed by ''adjust colour'' if the shade isn't quite how you like it

to colour grey papers is a little harder but if you are clever you can do this in max, if you want the paper to be square in shape you can use the method above by bringing the paper in as an embellishment or you can use the grey paper as if it was a shape
open the coloured paper you wish to use > right click > properties > check custom shape > change shape > browse to find the grey paper > ok > ok
to add extra effect place a different coloured paper under this...you can get some stunning effects doing this

so now the lesson has finished your challenge this week is :-

Colour Me Up!

1) using the kit attached (plus you can use up to 4 extra items) make a page with any theme you like

2) recolour the items in the page to match (as close as you can)the colour swatch attached

3) all pages to be posted into this thread

4) challenge ends 23rd March

happy scrapping ;)

O2BNGdHope
03-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow! a free kit too! Hmmm......this is a challenge.........oh...yeah... it's supposed to be. Duh! :D

lily6570
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Here's my page..... That was HARD! My colors don't really match but I gave it a shot. :)

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/challenge-20-000-Page-1.jpg

angelwithin
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Lily you done a fabulous job, the colour match is great and the little girl is gorgeous :D

O2BNGdHope
03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Lily, that's so cute! The flowers match the flowers in her turtleneck shirt, too! Beautiful layout!

sacannon
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
ermmm, I don't want to sound stupid and I color things all the time. But the Kit loads into the templates. How do we browse for the papers to bring in as a photo to re-color when it is located in templates? I know how to bring items in as photo's when they are in the embellishments.

angelwithin
03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
i must have been brain dead earlier sorry....heres a smb not smt file

sacannon
03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Thank You!!!!!!

Wickel
03-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Whewwwww I thought it was me ;)

GotFun
03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Here's my page..... That was HARD! My colors don't really match but I gave it a shot. :)

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/challenge-20-000-Page-1.jpg
I love the layout and the picture is so cute!!! :)

Marion
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
The only thing I added was the swirly and the picture.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/MMW-Color-me-up-challenge-000-Page-2_800_x_800_.jpg

I included the template below.

sacannon
03-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Lily and Marion those are both great. Marion, you look so young there! (not that your not now...!)

Wickel
03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok here's mine..........

angelwithin
03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Marion and wickel these are both brilliant - love them :D

LindaPete
03-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I did this right, here goes.

sacannon
03-17-2008, 09:51 PM
This is my nephew Troy when he was little.

The picture isn't the best. It was originally on a slide. My sister used a slide projector and while the slides were showing on the screen, used her movie camera and made a video of the slides. (This was years ago-pre computer slide show) She later copied it to a DVD. I froze the frame and copied the picture to my computer. So that is why the picture is not the best. But I still thought it was a cute shot.

This is for the weekly challenge. I used an overlay shape from the March Challenge. The ribbon is just one of the papers from the kit. I pushed the ends of the paper to the center (I didn't crop it).

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/sac_Week-20-Challenge-000-Page-1.jpg

sacannon
03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Lindapete and Wickel, love your layouts, great job.

Marion
03-17-2008, 10:14 PM
oooohhh very nice Sue!

CrystalInMinn
03-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Wowzers, so many challenging challenges this month!!! Great one Fiona! bbl

O2BNGdHope
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow! This was harder than I thought it would be to match the color swatch so I didn't add too many elements. Whew! We WERE allowed to add 4 items so I added the treasure box. This is in memory of my Dad.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Scrapbook-Max-Challenges-012-Week-20.jpg

CrystalInMinn
03-18-2008, 03:35 AM
ok here is mine, great job, Everyone"
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/color-me-3-20-000-Page-1.jpg

KPierce
03-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Wow! This was harder than I thought it would be to match the color swatch so I didn't add too many elements. Whew! We WERE allowed to add 4 items so I added the treasure box. This is in memory of my Dad.

Wow that is so neat the LO. Love it.

pilotswife
03-18-2008, 06:23 AM
I love all the layouts! I was wondering, are we allowed to submit more than one? Also, I love the font that was used for the word art about making the days count. Can you tell me more about it? I am busy working on mine. Nancy

O2BNGdHope
03-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Did everybody struggle with the "adjust color" slide bars like I did? Sometimes I recolor something but I tend to just get lucky. I never know which way to go to get red or blue, etc. And ,sometimes,the saturation, that I thought would just make it more red or less red actually changed it to a different color all together! Am I missing something or is it supposed to be hit or miss? I think I read in autisticwonders tut that you could use a "color picker" with SBM. Can I get a little more info on that? Because I think it's hard to match the colors.

angelwithin
03-18-2008, 06:31 AM
yes you can submit more than one if you want too :D

these are brilliant everyone http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/srangelwithin/smilies/17.gif

CrystalInMinn
03-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Did everybody struggle with the "adjust color" slide bars like I did? Sometimes I recolor something but I tend to just get lucky. I never know which way to go to get red or blue, etc. And ,sometimes,the saturation, that I thought would just make it more red or less red actually changed it to a different color all together! Am I missing something or is it supposed to be hit or miss? I think I read in autisticwonders tut that you could use a "color picker" with SBM. Can I get a little more info on that? Because I think it's hard to match the colors.

yeah, Melanie... It's all experiment only setting to me LOL. But I get a kick out of experimenting, I tried ALL the filters just to see what would happen :eek: I know ALOT more about the advanced option now! I'm in the same boat as you are. But i thought that it was fun! :D

pilotswife
03-18-2008, 09:09 AM
This is my daughter (top and bottom right) and my niece. The only thing I added was the zigzag stitch from Grandmother's Wedding, which came with my ScrapbookMax. This was fun! and I feel so very good about finally getting these two photos into a layout.

pilotswife
03-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Melanie,
I had the best luck just using the sepia option and choosing colors within that function. I had terrible trouble with the slide bars.

Fern Byrd
03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I am having trouble getting the downloads. I use DAP to download but when it does it comes out as a php and I can not open it.
It doesn't go to ScrapbookMax. I tried both left and right clicking but it still comes up as: Attatchment # php. Do you have a tutorial on changing files from php to other files?

angelwithin
03-18-2008, 12:45 PM
hi Fern

click on the download and a box will pop up, click 'open' and it will automatically load into scrapbookmax, if you click 'save' the file will go to the location of your choice

smb & smt are unique to scrapbook max and will not open in any other program

pilotswife
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
When I saw the quote about taking time to laugh, I knew I had the perfect photo. This is my youngest. He was playing with a toy doctor kit he got for his birthday. Aside from the wonderful kit from Angelwithin, I took two paper scraps from Waves template in SBM and greyscaled them and recolored them to match my layout. The big circle in the middle used to be the brad that Angelwithin gave us and don't ask me how I got it to look like that, it was an accident! :D I hope it makes some of you laugh.
Nancy

Fern Byrd
03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
I still get it as Attatchment 26 php. None of my programs will open it they all say file not supported.

Marion
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
For recoloring I use "eclipse palette" It is a free download. You open it and use the eyedropper to pick a color and then it gives you the numbers values to put in for the color. Then I go to advanced features and go to Sepia and then click on the tint color. then go to more colors, and custom colors and add in the values. It is not always accurate on gray scale, but it gets you close.
Hope that helps.

O2BNGdHope
03-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, I never knew that was there! I just always hit the sepia in the roll down window, it changes to sepia and I thought that was it!!!! I never tried the other sepia so never knew the color wheel was there. I wondered why they didn't put one in there. How stupid am I? :p
Even when Fiona explained it, I just hit the first sepia and then tried to Adjust color with the slides. That was terrible. This will be much easier! Now I'll have to try another one.

GotFun
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Nancy...thanks for the laugh. I loved the layout and the picture!

fourfoxes
03-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Here is my page for this week's challenge. It's a photo of me and my girls. Everything I used was from the challenge kit. Thanks for the new insight Fiona. I learned alot about the SBM program! :)

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/2194/weekly-challenge-20-000-Mom-and-Girls.jpg

pilotswife
03-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Marion, I might just have to try that download. Fourfoxes your family is beautiful. :)

omajo
03-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Here is mine at last, on the picture is the happy oma (me), with Tania and Toby,the picture was taken 4 month ago.
I used 3 items of my own and they are; the grapetree with the purple grapes all assembled and made using RDP, branches and smiley.
Hope this is ok.
I will put the grape tree and the branches in 'Embellishment'
Thanks Fiona for the kit.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Week_20_Challenge.jpg

ryansmom66
03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
okay, I'm an idiot here. I want to do the challenge but I can't even find the kit Fiona gave to us to do the challenge and I've never done the color change thing, but wanted to try, but how can I do that if I'm too crazy to find the files!!!:o:confused:

nanwu
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
well I hope I got the colours close enough, I couldn't find my glasses, so everything was a little blury LOL....but anyway I had a go

nanwu
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
okay, I'm an idiot here. I want to do the challenge but I can't even find the kit Fiona gave to us to do the challenge and I've never done the color change thing, but wanted to try, but how can I do that if I'm too crazy to find the files!!!:o:confused:

Ryansmom, the sbm file for this challenge is on the first page of this thread and about the 6th post down. If you click on this one and then hit open it should go straight to your embellishment folder in scrapbookmax, then you can just open it using to heart in the tool bar of the program. Don't download the first file that on the first post as this is actually a template file and will make it a lot harder to use (all though not impossible)..........sorry not very good at explaining things but hope this helps:o

Marion
03-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Love your layout Nanwu!

TNLori
03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I haven't had much time to play around with my scrapbooking stuff, but I couldn't resist playing with the colors in this challenge. Everything came from the kit Angelwithin provided. I'm not sure how close I came to the colors on the swatch, but they work really well with the layout overall, so I'm happy. :)

The picture is my step-daughter and grand-daughter at a high school football game last fall. Jessica's husband is one of the coaches for the local team, so she and Jenna spend a lot of time cheering their guys on.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/2145/Weekly-Challenge-20-2008-001-Me-and-MiniMe.jpg

pilotswife
03-20-2008, 04:40 AM
I think your layout is beautiful.

angelwithin
03-20-2008, 06:52 AM
you are all doing fabulously, love the pages and the colour matches are great :D

ryansmom66
03-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks nanwu for your help, I'll give it another try tonight.:D

ryansmom66
03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I used everything from Fiona's kit except the picture, of course. Hope I did okay matching the colors. It was my first time doing this. I didn't even know you could until this challenge. :D

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Challenge-000-Page-14.jpg

Marion
03-20-2008, 06:19 PM
You did a great job at it!!!!!

pilotswife
03-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Ryansmom,
I'm glad you figured it out. Your layout looks terrific!
nb

twpclerk
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been away to our son's and now I'm trying to get caught up on this challenge, sure is a lot going on. All the posts have looked fantastic, here's my try at coloring, all the elements are from the kit from Angelwithin. I am sure glad to learn this little trick!!
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/2206/twpcolormepups.jpg

nanwu
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
wow the layouts are great

O2BNGdHope
03-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Ha ha! Susie, that is so cute! Great pics of your "grandpups"! Beautiful layout!

angelwithin
03-21-2008, 04:43 PM
you are all doing so well...thought i might have stumped you with this one but i didnt :( lol

great pages everyone :D

grannywin
03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
I just realized this challenge was more than recoloring. We were to match the color swatches. I matched the colors in my photo instead. After all that recoloring, do I get an "A" for effort anyway?

I managed to get a photo of a friend of mine giving some love to her beautiful horse.

Marion
03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
It is beautiful Grannywin, you definitely get a A for effort!

angelwithin
03-23-2008, 04:23 PM
another great challenge everyone :D

as it is easter i have attached a gift for everyone

thankyou all for joining in the challenge :D

Wickel
03-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks Fiona for the gift :)

ryansmom66
03-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Fiona! The gift is beautiful! :)

twpclerk
03-24-2008, 03:59 AM
Thanks Fiona, very pretty gift!

pilotswife
03-24-2008, 04:52 AM
Thank you, Fiona! I know I will enjoy this.

grannywin
03-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the gift Fiona. This challenge taught me to really appreciate what you can do with the gray scale items.

O2BNGdHope
03-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Whee! I love presents! Thanks, Fiona!

LindaPete
03-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks Fiona! I love getting scrapbook stuff in my Easter Basket!

sacannon
03-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks Fiona!

makeyesup
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Great job everyone, love looking at all the challenges even if I can't find the time or thoughts to join in.

fourfoxes
03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the gift! Love it! :)

omajo
03-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the gorgeous gift Fiona !!

Pink Lollipop
04-02-2008, 10:42 AM
This is such a wonderful thread that everyone display wonderful work. Too bad I have miss the challenge ..or don't think my level can do it yet this is something that is new to me by using SBM. Fiona hope you don't mind me to 'grab' those lovely templates (thel flolwers and butterflies are too cute)though I didn't participate it. :P Oh.. Marion I 'grab' yours too cos is too lovely. Tks so much.