PDA

View Full Version : July Challenge!

juliehclark
06-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi All!

Myself and 14 other designers have been working hard for weeks on a charity kit that is going to be released this week.

I'd like to challenge you all to go visit the website, read Rosie's story, and then if you buy the kit or part of it, post your layouts to this thread!

To learn more about the kit please visit:

http://SpeakingOfRosie.com

Everyone who buys the kit and posts a layout using it, will recieve a freebie mini-kit from me at the end of the month!!!

I hope to see tons of great layouts with the SpeakngOfRosie MEGAKIT!

AmeliasMuma
06-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Wow .... I'm totally lost for words. Having been to the site and read up about the beautiful Rosie [boy is she cute or is she cute?] I am sitting here so proud of you all. This a wonderful thing you guys n girls have done and as soon as I can I'll be buying some if not all of the kit.

Rosie is special with a mind that is special. You peeps are fantastic. Well done.

AmeliasMuma
06-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Just making sure and looking for confirmation on this.
The challenge is to post Layouts only. No templates or enbies like the other challenges. As this kit is bought we cant go around giving our stuff away in this one. Its basically like the Groove contest.

march
06-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow, I can't believe how a bunch of people can come together for someone they don't really know and do such a great thing. I myself am a mother of a 6 year boy that has ADHA. To see this is wonderful. If only everybody out there was as thoughtful as you guys. I will be buying the kit for sure, can't wait.
Great Job
Nicole

autisticwonder
07-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Just making sure and looking for confirmation on this.
The challenge is to post Layouts only. No templates or enbies like the other challenges. As this kit is bought we cant go around giving our stuff away in this one. Its basically like the Groove contest.

EXCELLENT POINT you brought out Muma!! Granny would be on us for putting templates out from Rosie's kit..but pictures and postings and links to Gallery for your FANTASTIC layouts is not a problem!!

Hey..Julie..you might want to consider all the extra's leftover that didn't go in the kit..could be used as some sort of promotional challenge here perhaps!! I don't know..But just a thought!!

I'm EXCITED!! GREAT idea!!

juliehclark
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes - Please post your LAYOUTS to this thread and in the gallery - NOt templates :cool:

I will be giving away a freebie mini-kit to all who participate.

knzus
07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Here is an example using just a few of some of the items in the kit. Made as a 4x6 card. Maybe I'll even print this one out and use photos of myself to give to hubby...hide it in his lunch pail before he goes to work, hehe. :D

Butterfly shape is from set of photo-shapers originally received from Linda W.

Note - this is NOT a template...simply an example layout.

pkdoll
07-02-2007, 01:43 PM
How sweet is this. I am looking forward to the release of the mega pac. This is such a special tribute and a lot of caring.

mswizard
07-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I am buying it (the Kit) AND making a donation to Rosie because I am finding out exactly what her family is going through with all the therapy and it warms my heart seeing what a little help can do for a child with disabilities! You 'guys' are the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure to 'meet'. A more caring, giving, bunch of people you won't find anywhere but here! I love you all and I'm not even Rosies Mom!;)

Calkacky
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
What a precious little girl Rosie is. I will definitely be buying the kit and thereby making a donation to Rosie's continued ongoing care. Thanks to all you wonderful designers who put your heart and soul into this.

spanielmom
07-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Is this kit available yet? I keep checking, but I'm not seeing a link to purchase yet.

mswizard
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
as wondering the same thing myself. I know you can get it in jpg/png in Steve's store but when is it gonna be in SBM's store? The kit is awesome btw!

jazzieal
07-06-2007, 05:37 AM
As a CT member I was asked to contribute to this kit..I feel very honored to have been asked and to have a small part in helping this little girl..the first time I saw the pictures of her..my heart melted and I cant get her off my mind..I can't wait to see the entire kit myself..each one of us has only seen what we made..and whats on the pages in the gallery..I can't wait to buy it and am hoping it will be in the stores soon...when it is..if you post at other sites, ask someone in charge if you can post the link that tells Rosies story and the link where the kit can be purchased...we need to spread the word.. the more people that know about it the more kits we will sell...just be sure you ask first..
I just wanted to say a big thank you for your interest and to say that yes..the designers started the ball rolling making the kit.. but you all will be the ones helping Rosie the most by buying it...its just another showing of all the love and caring of the people in the community..:D

Calkacky
07-06-2007, 09:14 AM
What is the difference in .smt, .smb and .jpg, .png formats? I clicked on the iiRe site link where you can purchase the kit in .jpg & .png formats and it is available for purchase for $13.50 for the complete kit. I cannot believe it is that cheap. I surely expected a bigger price tag considering all it has. I'm new to all this and don't know which format I should download it in.

Granny
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Cal....

The images in the smb files are either pngs or jpgs. The only difference is that they have been put on a file form that when you double click it, it install the images automatically to the right folders in your SBM program. In SBM, you can use images from many programs, in many formats like pngs, jpgs, bmps, tifs, and others. You just have to bring them into the program manually.

Smts are the template format that SBM uses. Again, when you double click the file, it automatically gets installed in the template folder.

You can buy the kit from Steve, and use it in Max.

Clear as mud, I know! So it's my brain.

:p

Calkacky
07-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks Granny. I had to read it twice, but it is now clearer than mud! I actually understand. After all that, I think I need to come over for computer lessons. I'm afraid though of all those apes you got runnin' around there so after I go banana shopping, I'll be right over. :)

*eng*
07-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh, wow, I must read this section more. I early missed this. What a wonderful thing to do. I shall definitely purchase it :)

wolvsie35
07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
As a CT member I was asked to contribute to this kit..I feel very honored to have been asked and to have a small part in helping this little girl..the first time I saw the pictures of her..my heart melted and I cant get her off my mind..I can't wait to see the entire kit myself..each one of us has only seen what we made..and whats on the pages in the gallery..I can't wait to buy it and am hoping it will be in the stores soon...when it is..if you post at other sites, ask someone in charge if you can post the link that tells Rosies story and the link where the kit can be purchased...we need to spread the word.. the more people that know about it the more kits we will sell...just be sure you ask first..
I just wanted to say a big thank you for your interest and to say that yes..the designers started the ball rolling making the kit.. but you all will be the ones helping Rosie the most by buying it...its just another showing of all the love and caring of the people in the community..:D

Jazzie, I agree with you on this one...As a designer here as well, I offered a kit to help with this mega blow out for Rosie...(I don't know how much they used out of it as of yet...<wink>) but I will be purchasing this kit early next week...My mom and myself made a donation already....but I can always use another kit...lol.... Anywho, it is the help of everyone spreading the word, that will make this even more special and worth it for Rosie....So keep up the good work...That cute little girl can use all the help she can get, as well as the family...I am honored to be a part of it....:D

mswizard
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Well said Wolvsie! I'm like gonna try to do ALL the challanges this month Including yours! Just cuz I know I have to win SOMETHING! hehe Wait..I have already won the best gift of all....All my friends here!:D Nope not sucking up *<wink>* lol..yeah, I know, that's YOUR signature...I Stole it HAR HAR HAR!:p

Calkacky
07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Eng--I know the feeling. I am new here, but never really came to this area until the other day. I'm so glad I did as I wouldn't have wanted to miss a chance to donate. Do you think a post should be put on the general discussion section and possibly the nsbr section as there may be some who don't come here either, but who may want to donate and/or purchase the kit?

makeyesup
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Just purchased the kit. It is spectacular and recomend to anyone who would like a great mix of scrapbooking papers and elements.

Well done to all that contributed. Happy to help little Rosie.

Kazr
07-08-2007, 02:17 AM
hi there & congrats for a wonderful kit ,you have done a marvellous job for a wonderful cause !
I have a query & hope you can answer it for me please!
I want to purchase the entire kit in one hit if possible, but being on dial up I need to know if its possible that the kit was broken up into several files, as I am not sure I can download 181 mgs in one go,I can certainly give it a go as I was successful recently in getting one that was 150mgs
but it took just over 11 hours & its a bit of worry if the server resets itself after a while,i lose everything & have to try again.
Hope I am not being a bother,thanks in advance,
hugs Karyn.

vnginger
07-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Such a loving thing to do.... Wonderful job, design team!!! I will purchase the kit.

Best of luck, Rosie!

juliehclark
07-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I am pretty sure at steve's place, it will be broken up, even if you buy it all together. He's in LA for a few days and probably not checking in here.

Hopefully it will be availabe at SBM soon! (It was a HUGE task to ask Desmond to upload everything and it's just taking a while...:cool:)

wolvsie35
07-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I am pretty sure at steve's place, it will be broken up, even if you buy it all together. He's in LA for a few days and probably not checking in here.

Hopefully it will be availabe at SBM soon! (It was a HUGE task to ask Desmond to upload everything and it's just taking a while...:cool:)

Julie, yes, at Steve's place you can purchase it in pieces....He has it broken down pretty good, due to file sizes being so large for the whole package...:D

makeyesup
07-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Julie, yes, at Steve's place you can purchase it in pieces....He has it broken down pretty good, due to file sizes being so large for the whole package...:D

After I purchased the entire kit as one, received an email from Steve with a link to download each piece separately.
Had already downloaded the large file 180MG since I have a DSL connection and it was OK.

Looks like if you purchase the kit, you can wait for the email for separate links. That would be easier than purchasing all the little links by themselves. Didn't check it price wise, since I wanted the whole enchilada.......
It's a great kit too and a terrific cause.

juliehclark
07-08-2007, 01:46 PM
if you *buy* them piece by piece, it is more expensive.

But if you buy the whole thing (for a great price!), I *think* you will get multiple download links.

workingjo3
07-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I got the MEGA KIT and all I can say is wow! Well worth the price. I am on DSL and it took about 20 minutes to download and install. Then I just had to make a few pages using some of the great stuff included in this kit. Here are links to 2 of the pages I made so far:

http://tinyurl.com/393rsk

and

http://tinyurl.com/3yupfg

Thanks Jo

Manatee25
07-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Beautiful Jo!!! Love the pages!!!! This kit is pretty amazing!!!!!

mswizard
07-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah Jo, Awesome Layouts! I can't wait till the Kit is in the sbm store...I', too lazy to unpack and move stuff around anymore hehe.:rolleyes:

juliehclark
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
thank you so much for purchasing the kit! i am glad to hear that you are pleased with it!

lovely layouts!

Calkacky
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I purchased the whole thing yesterday and it is amazing. I cannot believe the whole kit was as cheap as it was. It is definitely worth getting. And hey, you are helping out a little girl.

juliehclark
07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=14098

here's another layout i just finished with the Speaking Of Rosie MEGAkit!

workingjo3
07-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh my. I wish I had thought of putting the bubble machine in the bathroom. Less mess to clean up. LOL
I love the angle of the photo.
Great page too!
Jo

pkdoll
07-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Julie I love your LO with the bubble machine!! I can't wait to purchase this kit as well. Looks like a real bargain.

Kazr
07-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Thank you all for answering my query,I truly appreciate the files being split into smaller sizes,it's so much easier when on dial up,look forward to purchasing the kit soon,
hugs Karyn. :)

Kazr
07-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Have now purchased the kit from Steve & look forward to his return so he can send me the links for the files,I am thrilled I can help Rosie in a little way & also benefit with such a
lovely kit,well done ladies & gents,you should all be proud :D

knzus
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=14098 here's another layout i just finished with the Speaking Of Rosie MEGAkit!

Have already looked at this layout and left my comments (LOVE it, Julie!)...but Desmond, if you see this, when I click on the link I get one of the "Download File" windows to a JPG. Thought maybe it was just a momentary glitch yesterday when I tried it, but it still does it today. At least I knew enough to just go to the gallery and look for Julie's layout, LOL!

juliehclark
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
that was my bad... i copied the url of the photo upload instead of the page. whoops!

makeyesup
07-10-2007, 03:55 PM
that was my bad... i copied the url of the photo upload instead of the page. whoops!

We all have our 'whoops' days. When I tried to open your link and saw what happened, I just said noway and went to your layout section. Think that I left a message and if not, I'm sorry cause it was a great LO for a terrific kit.

sacannon
07-10-2007, 11:21 PM
I was wondering where to find the link too. I hadn't seen it. I will have to check it out too. Nice layouts so far! It looks like a great kit for a wonderful cause.

Marion
07-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Well, I downloaded the kit. It is beautiful. Of course with 6 Grandsons, there was not much need for this much purple and pink, but with a little tweaking and using the color effects in SBM I changed it to blues. I think it turned out very well, if I say so myself!:D

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/MMW3-000-Page-1_800_x_800_.jpg

pkdoll
07-11-2007, 07:44 PM
marion he gets cuter and cuter each time I see him. I am so very happy that everything turned out so wonderful for you and your family. He's a gem!!! Love your LO too.

pkdoll
07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Well I just downloaded the kit as well and now I will have to play for a while. Can't wait.

juliehclark
07-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Oh Marion! He's delicious!!!

I am so glad you used the kit and changed the colors - it turned out beautiful!!!

sacannon
07-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I posted mine in the gallery yesterday but forgot to post it here. I love the kit.

mrsaboyer
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Love this challenge and love the huge kit!http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/830015811_2f66557384.jpg

Marion
07-16-2007, 07:18 PM
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/MMW-July-challenge-000-MMW-July-challenge.jpg

All items are SBM

pkdoll
07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
WOW!! These are really good! I love them!

Gotart
07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I forgot to post mine in this thread...
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14211&cat=1846

spanielmom
07-17-2007, 06:34 AM
[img]All items are SBM

Marion - should this have been in the Mid-July Contest? or the Whimsy contest?

Marion
07-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I meant to put it in the midjuly challenge. Sorry!

juliehclark
07-18-2007, 06:15 PM
just an update folks!

desmond and i had some miscommunication and that's why the products for this kit are not yet in the store - should be up at sbm very very soon!

sorry!

Kazr
07-19-2007, 05:49 AM
here are my pages using the lovely Rosie kit for Charity!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14417&cat=500&ppuser=230

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14416&cat=500&ppuser=230

Kazr
07-20-2007, 03:13 AM
Here is another layout using the *Speaking of Rosie * kit,featuring our kitty...Possum.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14449&cat=500&ppuser=230

CrystalInMinn
07-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Here is one I PIECED Together...

wolvsie35
07-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Very cute Crystal....

juliehclark
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
JUST FYI! This challenge will be extended through August so that you can have a chance to buy thekit and get your free mini kit from me!

Oh Yay!

Thank you all for your patience as we got this kit live in the store. IT IS SO HUGE that it just ended up taking lots more time than we had anticipated!

You can buy the packs seperately for $2.95 each OR! LOAD ALL THE ITEMS UP IN YOUR CART and then use the coupon code ROSIE and you will get THE WHOLE KIT for just $13.44!

THAT'S 71.4% off the price when you buy it all!

CLICK BELOW TO GO TO THE KIT IN THE STORE AND START SHOPPING!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/store/home.php?cat=92

Thank you all for your patience and remember to post your layouts from this kit in the July Challenge to recieve a FREE minikit from Julie! (This challenge will be extended so don't think you'll be left out!!!)

So that's another incentive! Buy the Rosie Kit and post a layout tothe July Challenge thread and get ANOTHER FREE kit from Julie!!

Get buying y'all and remember - ALL PROCEEDS GO TO ROSIE!

speakingofrosie.com

knzus
07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
....This challenge will be extended through August so that you can have a chance to buy thekit and get your free mini kit from me...

*WHEW* Oh, thank goodness! I hadn't been able to do anything this month...and I wouldn't want to miss out on one of your special kits, Julie...besides helping Rosie, of course!! Thanks for extending it!! :D

CrystalInMinn
07-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi everyone,

I just started with SBM a couple weeks ago and downloaded one booster pack and I have that working but I had trouble with the rosie mega pack. I have no access to all the goodies or can't find it. I can only click and drag existing elements and embellishments from the brag book template around.:(
Any suggestions?

makeyesup
07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Chicago, a beautiful town to see.

Bought the kit at Steve's, since I just couldn't wait for SBM to make it available. Patience is not one of my virtues.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14731&cat=500&ppuser=1185

pkdoll
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Love the pictures of Chicago! Really nice LO. Everyone is doing such a nice job, and I am so happy that they extended the deadline for this.

juliehclark
08-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey everyone! I am moving this challenge over to a new thread. It will now be the "Speaking Of Rosie" challenge.

Here's the link! (http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/showthread.php?p=64016#post64016)

This thread is now closed!

I am finishing up your free mini-kit gift and will PM everyone who has participated so far!

Thanks again and PLEASE sconsider purchasing the Speaking Of Rosie megkit available now at SBM!!

SPEAKING OF ROSIE CHARITY KIT (http://www.scrapbookmax.com/store/home.php?cat=92)