PDA

View Full Version : Hitting 1000!

srussell
05-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Has anyone notice that we are almost to 1000 SMB members? :eek: We might hit that this weekend... We'll have to throw a party! I've got some great Sangria with sliced oranges & strawberries over cold ice... Yummm!!! ;)

Sorry canneberg, I think I posted this about a minute before you did..

canneberge
05-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Srussell :( I though I was the only one checking on the new members. Are you sure you posted that before me? :rolleyes: Anyway I must be blind I dont see my message anymore.......bizarre:

I am curious to know how people discovered scrapbook Max :confused: My best friend Kristyann introduce me to it and I dont regret a minute that investment.

Jessica
05-28-2006, 05:11 PM
i discovered sbm on download.com. I actually wasn't looking for a digital scrapbooking program , I didn't even know digital scrapbooking existed. I was looking for a program (free) that could allow me to add a short caption over a picture. Then I came across the description of sbm, and downloaded the free trial cause I figured I had nothing to lose to try a free trial. At first, I really didn't want to a buy a program, but then it was only 20$, and I soooooooo fell in love with it ! It even kept me from studying for my mid-terms...
That's my story !!

Corey
05-28-2006, 06:48 PM
It even kept me from studying for my mid-terms...

Ooops... :D

Jessica
05-28-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah, no big deal, finished all my classes with A !!

Corey
05-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey! Congrats Jessica. Nice work! :)

Rhoda
05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
i discovered sbm on download.com. I actually wasn't looking for a digital scrapbooking program , I didn't even know digital scrapbooking existed. I was looking for a program (free) that could allow me to add a short caption over a picture. Then I came across the description of sbm, and downloaded the free trial cause I figured I had nothing to lose to try a free trial. At first, I really didn't want to a buy a program, but then it was only 20$, and I soooooooo fell in love with it ! It even kept me from studying for my mid-terms...
That's my story !!

I have a similar story. I bought it after hearing some reference it on 2Peas. I bought it for the slideshow feature but I've been using it for all my scrapbook pages for the past few weeks. I buy kits by download & things go together so fast. The neat thing I've discovered is that I can use the .png shapes that I've collected for another program too.
Rhoda

Marion
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM
I love Sangria!!! I love parties too!

Marion

Rhoda
05-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Has anyone notice that we are almost to 1000 SMB members? :eek: We might hit that this weekend... We'll have to throw a party! I've got some great Sangria with sliced oranges & strawberries over cold ice... Yummm!!! ;)

Sorry canneberg, I think I posted this about a minute before you did..

I haven't tried Sangria before. How about making me a Peach Bellini? I had one at Johnny Carino's & was it ever good! I tried one at The Olive Garden & it wasn't quite the same.
Or if you don't want to make that, then mix me up a Captain Morgan & Coke!
I ain't hard to please!
Rhoda J

Marion
05-28-2006, 09:50 PM
We are gonna sound like a bunch of boozers instead of scrappers!

By the way, I noticed I became a "senior member" this weekend. I sure aged fast!

Marion

srussell
05-28-2006, 11:10 PM
We are gonna sound like a bunch of boozers instead of scrappers!

By the way, I noticed I became a "senior member" this weekend. I sure aged fast!

Marion
We're all like fine wine... We get better with age... :D

Granny
05-28-2006, 11:14 PM
An oldie, but goodie! Welcome to the club! Or is it the Geritol group? :D

Granny

srussell
05-28-2006, 11:22 PM
An oldie, but goodie! Welcome to the club! Or is it the Geritol group? :D

Granny

Didn't take us long to start filling us this section, did it Granny? Great idea on your part... :D

kode
05-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I keep telling my husband that we all get better with age like you said Steve but he doesn't believe me. I tell him we are still spring chickens! (although I use to say that about my grandma that was in her 90's!!):D

srussell
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, Kode... I just noticed that you are now a member of the "seniors" club as well... ummm :rolleyes:

Doesn't that North Dakota weather slow you down a little in the winter?

Ladybug
05-29-2006, 12:04 AM
I found Scrapbook Max doing a search on the net for a scrapbooking program. Imagine that! Looked at a few and immediately chose this one. It's the best. Then I went and dragged Granny over here for her own good. She's better for it today, lol.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ladybug

Granny
05-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Ah, Steve, it was a stroke of genious inspired by all of you!!! :D

Drag me in here? For my own good? You're starting to sound like my mother, Ladybug!!!!! But, yeah, you did, and I am! :p

Granny :rolleyes:

Corey
05-29-2006, 12:23 AM
I found Scrapbook Max doing a search on the net for a scrapbooking program. Imagine that! Looked at a few and immediately chose this one. It's the best. Then I went and dragged Granny over here for her own good. She's better for it today, lol.

Thanks Ladybug! Where would we be without Granny? :D

kode
05-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah, Kode... I just noticed that you are now a member of the "seniors" club as well... ummm :rolleyes:

Doesn't that North Dakota weather slow you down a little in the winter?
Yeah I suppose I like to talk alot too!!!!!! That North Dakota weather in the winter is quite interesting! Acutally in the summer it is interesting too! I have 5 kids so the weather tries to slow us down but we keep moving!

srussell
05-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Ok kids, we're getting closer....looks like we're around 975 members ... real close. I can feel it.

Sounds like we're sponsoring a telethon or something? :D

Corey
05-29-2006, 08:43 AM
This calls for a silly dance.

Granny
05-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Kode.... 5 kids? Long winter months? Honey, you need a tv, quickly, before the family kids growing! ;)

Granny

kode
05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
You crack me up!!!! Actually everyone of my kids were born in different states! Acutally 4 different states and one different country! We just need to stop moving !!!! Everytime we move I end up having another baby!:D

Kazr
05-29-2006, 11:32 PM
hi all :D
I also found SBM while searching for scrapbook programs, as I am a complete dunce with the likes of Photoshop etc, this was a dream come true,so easy & fast to get results, now its my fave program & I am totally addicted, love all the advice & the people here, I always get a chuckle when visiting.
I feel like this is my second home now,& so pleased I came across this site,has made me a very happy lady indeed.

srussell
05-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey kids...

990 Members.... Keep a watchful eye! :)

Adam
05-30-2006, 10:17 AM
990 now..

Wow that is a quick 1k users... c'mon 10 more

Adam.

Granny
05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Start getting ready for the party. I'll bring the chips and salsa.

Here is an idea. To celebrate our 1000 membership, why don't we make a template. Steve, you're good at this, so maybe you can make the theme page. Then, all of us provide a page with a picture of ourselves, so that we have a family album. Then we post each page so that we can compile the album. Of course, if all members participate, we are going to have one big problem. We could always pick groups for pages. Like Orien and her sister, etc. Just a thought.

Granny :D

srussell
05-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Start getting ready for the party. I'll bring the chips and salsa.

Here is an idea. To celebrate our 1000 membership, why don't we make a template. Steve, you're good at this, so maybe you can make the theme page. Then, all of us provide a page with a picture of ourselves, so that we have a family album. Then we post each page so that we can compile the album. Of course, if all members participate, we are going to have one big problem. We could always pick groups for pages. Like Orien and her sister, etc. Just a thought.

Granny :D

Not a bad idea... Anyone at IR have some artwork I might be able to use? Email it to srussell@iireproductions.com ;)

How about something like SMB- 1K , like a Vegas ultralounge or something?

srussell
05-30-2006, 11:41 AM
990 now..

Wow that is a quick 1k users... c'mon 10 more

Adam.

Thanks... got your message... Let the games begin! :eek:

srussell
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
991 ... C'mon you can do it!

Corey
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
They say a watched pot never boils. :D

kode
05-30-2006, 04:03 PM
So true Corey!!!!

srussell
05-30-2006, 04:10 PM
They say a watched pot never boils. :D

Sorry... still watching... 993 :D

Granny
05-30-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking, I'm thinking.... I need to do an archeological excavation to see what I got in my files... Hmmmmm, hmmmmmmm, what's this here.... no, not that.... This..... not, definetely not, although.. ehhehhhehe :eek:

Well, I'll keep looking!

Granny :rolleyes:

kode
05-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah I know, I'm still looking too!!! But it is still true!!:D :D

Winnie49
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
is eveything ready for the 1000 Party

dai dai dai ce ci la fai
go go go you can do it!

welcome to the member 1000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Winnie49
05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
OOOOPpppppppssssss

The emotion guys

Sorry :rolleyes:

Granny
05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
The suspense is killing me!!!!

Should I buy the program again and make it 1000?

Granny

ps: I got the Margaritas and chips ready!!! :D

kode
05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Thats a great idea Granny!!

srussell
05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
I can't take it! 998 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Granny.. I got the template ready!

kode
05-30-2006, 07:56 PM
This is worse than waiting for midnight on New Years Eve!!!

srussell
05-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Counting down ... 999

Granny
05-30-2006, 08:06 PM
No fooling!!! Not even my honeymoon was this exciting... Of course, that was so long ago, who can remember!

Go team go!!!

Potato chip, Potato chip,
crunch, crunch, crunch,
SBM, SBM, you're the most!

Granny :rolleyes: :cool:

Moonbeam
05-30-2006, 09:04 PM
You crack me up!!!! Actually everyone of my kids were born in different states! Acutally 4 different states and one different country! We just need to stop moving !!!! Everytime we move I end up having another baby!:D
Oh Man look what sort of "state" you eneded up in!!!:D

Moonbeam
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I have just resigned.. and am ready tore-joion any minute now.... get ready for no. 1000 please;)
Hey! did I not post when I first came here that SBM would "Go places" that it would lead the market in Digital scrapbooking... It IS that good.. congratulations to the powers that be on such wonderful "growth"

Corey
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words Moonbeam. There's a whole team of folks behind Scrapbook MAX!, it's rewarding to see our work is so well received. :)

We're over 1,000 now. Woohoo! :D

Moonbeam
05-31-2006, 03:52 AM
Word of mouth about a great product is THE best advertisng.. your reasonable price and the fantastic after sales supprt on the forum is what will make SBM a household name in Digital Scrappin' and I'll be able to say I knew you before you were a millionaire :D ..Can I hit you for a loan?

Corey
05-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Me? Hee har. :D I'm just a creative staff guy thingy. Sudden millionarism isn't in my cards but that's OK. The reward for me on projects like Scrapbook MAX! is being part of a vision and seeing it through. A few short months ago this place was nothing more than a concept and today we have a large group of people in here communicating, helping each other, becoming friends... So for me that's the reward. :)

kode
05-31-2006, 08:05 AM
Gee Corey are you getting all mushy on us!? Just a week or two ago you were telling us you got paid to be our friend!!:D

Corey
05-31-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't get paid to be anyone's friend, but I do work for Indigo Rose and moderating the forum is something I do. It's basically just a pleasant coincidence that I happen to like everyone here. :D

Anyhow definitely not getting mushy. Just sayin... Moonbeam is right on the money about one thing anyhow, word of mouth is the key to success in any regard. And so far so good. :)

Moonbeam
05-31-2006, 08:46 AM
That being true Corey... therefore means that YOU better behave yourself or we will spread the word what you're really LIKE!:eek:

kode
05-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Corey just joking with you, you do realize that right??!!

Corey
05-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Hee har. Yes of course kode. I've just learned to always make myself extra clear in the forums so there's no room for a misinterpretation. But yes, I definitely figured you were joking. :D

srussell
05-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Hee har. Yes of course kode. I've just learned to always make myself extra clear in the forums so there's no room for a misinterpretation. But yes, I definitely figured you were joking. :D

You go, brother.... these woman are brutal and give use absolutely no leeway! They take everything us guys say SO literally! :D

kode
05-31-2006, 12:33 PM
yeah whatever!!:) :)

srussell
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah whatever!!:) :)

and Men are from Mars... one of my favorites places!