PDA

View Full Version : Just to say

MaryL
05-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Since I received my cd, I haven't had the time for scrapping, sadly, my best friend's husband is terminally ill with liver cancer. I am "on call" for her, I stayed overnight on Sunday with her.

I haven't deserted you, I shall be back, it is so sad.

Corey
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Hang in there Mary. :)

Marion
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM
She is lucky to have a good friend like you, Mary!

Marion

Granny
05-23-2006, 05:21 PM
MaryL, I'm sorry to hear that. I agree with Corey and Marion.

Granny

Millie
05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Hello My name is Millie La India. I downloaded the scrapbook max waiting on the cd meantime I would love to learn how to put the images such as embellesments into the folders and other stuff that I've collected from other sites.;)

OnieRN
05-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Mary, I have a long history of being a Hospice Nurse. Your friend is lucky to have you. The hardest thing for her will be after it's all over. Many times people don't know what to say so they stay away. She will need you even more in the days ahead. Your a special friend!

MaryL
05-25-2006, 04:29 AM
for your kind messages of support. I know that this horrible disease strikes many people, we have "lost" five friends to cancer during the last three years.

I have been friends with Pam since 1944, when I started a new school and she drew me a dutch girl to cheer me up ( I was crying for my mum). Both her and her husband are like family to us, I know that the inevitable is going to happen, we shall be there for her as she has always been for me.

Sorry to add such a sad note to this lovely group, I needed to share. In the short time I have been amongst you, I know that you are a lovely group of people, with compassion and kindness.

Thank you and God Bless all of you,

MaryL - England

Corey
05-25-2006, 05:03 AM
It's good to get stuff off your chest sometimes, post anything you like in the forum. :)

kode
05-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Sorry to add such a sad note to this lovely group, I needed to share. In the short time I have been amongst you, I know that you are a lovely group of people, with compassion and kindness.
Thank you and God Bless all of you,
MaryL - England
Don't feel bad for telling us this. We are not only here here for scrapbooking encouragment but for anything else you feel you need to talk about. Its good to get some of your feelings out anyway so you can be strong for you friend.

We are here for you when you need us!

OnieRN
05-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Isn't awesome that this group represents multiple countries yet we're all able to love and support each other! I appreciate this group so much!!!

Marion
05-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Hi Mary, glad the "little dutch girl" cheered you up! I am originally a Dutch girl. I was imported to the USA as a army souvenir!
My dad died last year of cancer and my mom is still doing chemo for breast cancer.

Hang in there!

Marion

KristyAnn
05-25-2006, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=MaryL]Since I received my cd, I haven't had the time for scrapping, sadly, my best friend's husband is terminally ill with liver cancer. I am "on call" for her, I stayed overnight on Sunday with her.

I haven't deserted you, I shall be back, it is so sad.[/QUOT

Am doing almost the same as you . My best friend as liver cancer to... only 64 years old.... all I can do is pray...

Granny
05-25-2006, 10:29 AM
MaryL... Scrapbooking is all about treasured memories of loved ones. Is great to share, not only the images, but the love behind them. Glad we could help even in a very tiny way. I ditto what all this great people have already said.

KristyAnn, we share your concerns too, and hope you can find a little confort among us also. Yes, it's wonderful to be among caring people.

May you all have a quiet, soothing day!

Granny :)

KristyAnn
05-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Thank you Granny