PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Virginia Tech

jazzieal
04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I have been watching the news all morn about the massacre at Virginia Tech...32 deaths including the shooter..worst mass murder in US history..8 years ago this month we had Collumbine..what is our land coming to...Im sure prayers for these families would be greatly appreciated and also for students on this campus...my nephew attends college in Virginia at Lynchburg College, makes me afraid for him...

*eng*
04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Devastating. I hadn't seen the news (England) today but I have just searched it and it is dominating it. I don't know what to say, it's so tragic. Those poor poor families and those lives lost before they've started to live.

Marion
04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh no Jazz, I hadn't heard! I just turned the tv on after reading this. How awful!!!!

arlene6
04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I am praying for their families. That's more sorrow than one heart can bear.

crops2dawn
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
OMG This is terrible! I havent had the TV on all day! I just turned it on! WOW this is heart breaking! and devastating! What sick people in this world!!!
I will be praying for all thats for sure!

spanielmom
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Just saw this. It's just awful. I can't imagine feeling so hopeless inside to want to take another's life. I'm definately praying for these families and the rest of the students on campus. This tradgedy will touch many lives i'm sure.

makeyesup
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
No matter where we are or what we do, we might not be safe. It is so sad that these things do happen. All we can do is trust in the Lord. My prayers are with their familes and friends as I am sure they are very stressed right now.

A few days ago, when I was spending time with my 6 yr old GD, we went past a cemetery and she started asking me about things. We got into a discussion about the many people related to her that had passed, many before her time. I tried to tell her that God is in charge and we always have to trust him that what he does is for a good reason. She started asking about why people get sick and die and then came up with a question about little children. It was difficult to be honest that little children do get sick and die and still keep her from worrying. The only thing that I could come up with was that sometimes God needs little children around too and we have to always trust him.

It is so difficult to explain things to little children and not have them worrying so much it becomes a problem for them.

Marion
04-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I keep reminding myself of a sign I read once....

"GOD IS GOD, AND YOU ARE NOT. GET OVER IT!"

I remind myself of this often.

OnieRN
04-16-2007, 04:59 PM
It showed up on my internet articles. This is so sad. I like the saying Marion that you mentioned......... They need to GET OVER IT!

Our prayers continue to reach all those involved!

pkdoll
04-16-2007, 06:47 PM
It's absolutely horrible!! You send your kids off to college to get a good education, and than something like this happens. My god it's devastating!! My prayers are with their families. No words can take away their hurt but I hope it helps with the dealing of it. So sad!

Smile
04-17-2007, 05:21 AM
This is such a horrible thing to have happened. I know that alot of you have faith much stronger than I could ever have. If you take away my child then you have taken away my heart as well. I have alot of questions in my life that no one can answer but I know how strong my love is for family. I wish in my heart that I could ease the pain that these parents are going through but no one can. When MaryAnn puts a memorial in for her son I feel her pain which I am sure all of us do. I am sorry but I can't find any reason for God to let such a thing happen................Lois

kimbob
04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Good Heavens!! How AWFUL!! I haven't seen anything here in SA on the TV yet.. well I must admit I haven't watched much.. but it tears my heart to hear of such a tragedy! I think anyone with Kids will feel the "implications" of this "massacre".. My heart goes out to all those families that lost their children in such an awful manner.

MaggieMae
04-17-2007, 09:57 AM
It's too much to even comprehend - the anger, hatred, and evil that would lead someone to shoot all those innocent people (students and professors). What is happening to our world?

spanielmom
04-17-2007, 12:24 PM
This is such a horrible thing to have happened. I know that alot of you have faith much stronger than I could ever have. If you take away my child then you have taken away my heart as well. I have alot of questions in my life that no one can answer but I know how strong my love is for family. I wish in my heart that I could ease the pain that these parents are going through but no one can. When MaryAnn puts a memorial in for her son I feel her pain which I am sure all of us do. I am sorry but I can't find any reason for God to let such a thing happen................Lois

That is why it is called FAITH Smile. We don't understand. We have to trust. God's plan is way bigger than we all will ever comprehend until we meet him on judgement day. And oh what a day that will be. We no longer will have such tragedies as these---only God's warmth and love for all of us.

Granny
04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Smile, I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. But there is an answer...

God is not responsible for what people do. He has given us free will, and we have missused it. When Adam and Eve made a choice to go their own way independent of God, he allowed it, to give manking time to prove to themselves that we need his guidance in our lives. He also tells us in Eclecciasted 9:11 that time and unforseen occurances befall us all. He has also been making arrangements for his kingdom to put an end to all this misery. But like the apostle Peter says, God is not slow respecting his promise, but he does not want any to be destroyed, but wants all to obtain to repentance. So he is giving us time to come to know his will and his arrangement for our salvation, then he will act. And Bible prophecies show that it will happen very soon. In fact, the very things happening right now are a sign that the time is near for him to answer the prayers of all righteous people that want a better world.

Well, sorry, did not mean to preach. I just want you to know that he really does care, and he is busy working on it.

:)

jazzieal
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Terry W. comments in the thread "prayers for my grandson" would be good to read ..it has a lot of insight and fits perfectly this tragedy..God gives us all the choice between good and evil..just like Adam and Eve..some people choose evil over good...God will not force us to accept him or his teachings but he gives us free will to accept ..he will stand at your hearts door and knock but he cant open the door from the inside..it has to be opened from the outside..once you open it then you have faith..we cant blame God for this...this is the work of Satin..I have been glued to the TV since this tragedy happened..it hurts to watch it but I cant stand not too..they have released the name of the shooter..he was a student..a senior about to graduate..a Korean that has been in the states since he was a very young boy..his parents own a dry cleaning business..he has a sister who graudated from Princeton...from the note he left he was a very disturbed person..his poor family sure need our prayers too..I can not even begin to imagine how they must feel..

rosana brito
04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/1732/PEACE-CONFORT_FOR_USA_-screenshot.jpg

Oh! Jazz, this annoyed me in such a way, I am infuriated with these episodes, I do not obtain to accept this brutality, I do not have words to describe what mine soul it feels in this so difficult moment.

Kisses you all

jazzieal
04-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Smile, I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. But there is an answer...

God is not responsible for what people do. He has given us free will, and we have missused it. When Adam and Eve made a choice to go their own way independent of God, he allowed it, to give manking time to prove to themselves that we need his guidance in our lives. He also tells us in Eclecciasted 9:11 that time and unforseen occurances befall us all. He has also been making arrangements for his kingdom to put an end to all this misery. But like the apostle Peter says, God is not slow respecting his promise, but he does not want any to be destroyed, but wants all to obtain to repentance. So he is giving us time to come to know his will and his arrangement for our salvation, then he will act. And Bible prophecies show that it will happen very soon. In fact, the very things happening right now are a sign that the time is near for him to answer the prayers of all righteous people that want a better world.

Well, sorry, did not mean to preach. I just want you to know that he really does care, and he is busy working on it.

:)
Granny our minds were on the same thought wave...I was writing my comments as you were..you finished before I did... maybe this was a coincidence for some purpose..:)

Marion
04-17-2007, 02:02 PM
God is God and we are not.....

crops2dawn
04-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Ohhhh I am sooo pissed this morning!!! All those warning signs!!! this could of been prevented if actions where takin with this wacko!!!!! Sorry I just needed to vent to someone! Its just soooo frustrating that this kid had sooo many problems and nobody did anything!! and NOW its TOOOO LATE!

rosana brito
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Girls this night I prayed very stops God, and I begged mercy she stops with these espírits bad that they walk disturbing the good ones souls, in we need of peace in the world, yesterday here in Brazil in the city of Rio De Janeiro they had died assassinated 35 people, but this not and only today , this already she turned routine, then e what it said previously the people if they had moved away of God, e God also moves away itself from them, unfortunatelly dies innocents that they were battling for something better in its lives, what we can to make, only to pray to pray e to pray , ok

kisses

OnieRN
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Girls this night I prayed very stops God, and I begged mercy she stops with these espírits bad that they walk disturbing the good ones souls, in we need of peace in the world, yesterday here in Brazil in the city of Rio De Janeiro they had died assassinated 35 people, but this not and only today , this already she turned routine, then e what it said previously the people if they had moved away of God, e God also moves away itself from them, unfortunatelly dies innocents that they were battling for something better in its lives, what we can to make, only to pray to pray e to pray , ok

kisses

Is Rosana saying there was another assassination yesterday in Brazil with 35 killed? Oh my Lord, I hope I'm reading this wrong!

:(

rosana brito
04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Is Rosana saying there was another assassination yesterday in Brazil with 35 killed? Oh my Lord, I hope I'm reading this wrong!

:(

Onie my love, you did not read wrong not! This e truth, happens here every day, death of 5 , 10, 30 now 35, e one monstrers that does not have explanation, young is making use of many drugs, and kills without perceiving, I I fear for my son of 13 years, when the school goes, I am praying in my work it stops that God protects it of the bad elements.

kisses

*eng*
04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Rosana that is awful. We all worry about our children, but to have to live with the worry of that daily is unimaginable, I feel for you.

rosana brito
04-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Rosana that is awful. We all worry about our children, but to have to live with the worry of that daily is unimaginable, I feel for you.

Hi, Eng, in them we are travelling in this world not e? here only we have exactly concerns, sadnesses, at last they are rare joys, but we have that to live e to look for to make the good e not to look at to who! E difficult, you it leaves house and it does not know if it returns living creature! Here e , thus every day terrible, but God in protects them to each minute not e?

Kisses thanks it you coment

Marion
04-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I am so sorry about that Rosana, Here people get killed every day too, but 35 at one school luckily doesn't happen very often. It just reminds us that each and every day is precious!

eye
04-18-2007, 02:48 PM
what a shame that all this came about. Those poor families.I really think this boy was very sick and got swept under the carpet so to speak.We must blame our system for this.Too many of our young ones who are tortured have no where and in desperate needs they do things that are so unspeakable.Now do not get me wrong. I am disgusted like you all are but I also have the nurse side.He has probably been sick for many years.when they do these unspeakable crimes they are no longer human and cannot see the wrong and the hurt that it will cause.But I still feel sorry about all those that are gone and the ones left behind will never be the same. So sad and I bet the system will fail them as well.

God does not give reasons why but somwhere we loose the faith and ponder and find faith again.We have a world that is sinking.Such a shame.:confused:

OnieRN
04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes, you and I are both nurses and see things in a different view! The boy obviously had problems and people noticed something wasn't right with him, yet no one was able to intervene and save him or those he hurt.

It is a crime that this happened!

:D

*eng*
04-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Hmmmm....it has just been on our news....to report again. Yes it seems from our reports he was singled out as a problem a long time ago. Unfortunately a fact of life is that there are many who slip through the net. Technology has not helped here.

*eng*
04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Hmmmm....it has just been on our news....to report again. Yes it seems from our reports he was singled out as a problem a long time ago. Unfortunately a fact of life is that there are many who slip through the net. Technology has not helped here.

top report not to report

TerryW
04-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I have been blissfully unaware of this tragic event until reading this thread just now (been lying low for a few days).

As I read through the string I was formulating a reply in my mind until I read 'Granny's post - you took the words out of my mouth - as you did for Jazz.

Smile - I don't preach - it is way too personal an issue for any one person to attempt to convince another of what they should or should not believe (it is very much between you and Him) however; please allow me to make this one comment and - it is offered with the greatest respect. Scientifically (not religously) the primary platform that seperates the human animal from the rest of the animal kingdom is WILL - every animal species (other than mankind) is stimulated by instinct but we humans can't have it both ways. It's very sad when these tragic events occur but God gave us free will - how we use it has nothing to do with Him - He's just keeping His side of the deal - and it rips His heart out too because in this tragic episode - He lost 35 of His children in one event. See - I never once mentioned brimstones or gnashing of teeth :D I just very sincerely wanted to explain the will thing.

Rosana - my heart goes out to you - I have an interest in Central and South America and I have watched with great sadness the drastic increases in street crime and murder in many cities in this beautiful and facinating region of the world. Living in cities such as Rio De Janeiro is living within an environment of constant active terror - my thoughts and my prayers are for you and your family - I pray for the safety of your precious son at school.

My kindest regards.
Terry.

OnieRN
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm shocked..... Apparently this guy went and mailed a package to NBC of him on video, waving the guns, shouting profanity, and threatening to get even with the rich kids. He mailed it between to 2 shootings! They received it this morning and it was turned over to the FBI. I guess NBC is going to do some special report on it this evening.

This is so sad!!!!!

crops2dawn
04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
This just keeps on getting sicker and sicker if ya ask me! It is such a shame the world we live in today, i cant even imagine what our children will have to face as they get older. It is totally heartbreaking in to hear all this tragedy!
I hate to turn on the news any more, but there is nothing I can do to stop it, and I cant stop my heart from hurting, I cant even imagine what those parents are going through... May God Bless them ALL

Marion
04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes, you and I are both nurses and see things in a different view! The boy obviously had problems and people noticed something wasn't right with him, yet no one was able to intervene and save him or those he hurt.

It is a crime that this happened!

:D

I respectfully disagree, this seems to be the age of blaming anything and everything on the system, society, environment etc. There is such a thing as personal responsibility and a act of the will. Granted he was sick, but that can be said of any mass murderer, rapist, pedophile etc. or any criminal for that matter! You may as well make allowances for every one who commits a crime. We all have a choice.

OnieRN
04-18-2007, 06:51 PM
I am watching a special on CNN and they just showed a portion of the video, that guy was scary! If you all haven't heard it, you need to. He was so sick and despirate! His voice, eyes, that look and his words. How sad! :(

crops2dawn
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I for one, dont want to see it! Makes me SICK! I am listening to happy music!
and BTW- I agree with ya Marion!!! We all have a choice!!!!!!!!

jazzieal
04-19-2007, 02:00 AM
I am watching a special on CNN and they just showed a portion of the video, that guy was scary! If you all haven't heard it, you need to. He was so sick and despirate! His voice, eyes, that look and his words. How sad! :(

I have been watching all those clips all night Onie..I have a lot of conflict going on inside myself right now...I know that we all have the choice between right and wrong and good and evil..I know he made his choice..I know we can not blame mental illness on every crime that happens..but I cant get "his mind" off my mind...after you see those videos and hear his words you know just how "tortured" his mind really was...it makes me sad to know the miserable life he must have led..and I think that this had to have been happening over most his whole life..and I wonder if his parents ever tried to get him help..I know he knew he had problems and could have.. at some time gotten help for himself..but at this point in time I think it was too late for him..somewhere he crossed a point of no return..he turned into a killing monster..I have heard reporters say if the judge had ordered him to get help it would have been on his record..would have shown up when he bought the guns and he could not have gotten them..but if he was determined to kill...he would have found a way to get the guns..I guess we could sit and say if , if, if, till the cows come home and it wont change the fact that 32 innocent people were killed and more injured and America will never forget what happened..but I cant hate him..he was one of Gods children, he created him and he loved him..but he chose evil over good..I hate what he did and my heart aches for the families of those students and professors..and it grieves over the horror
of it all...so tell me if anyone else feels this way or am I nuts too...someone wiser than me have any thoughts on this...let me hear..

jazzieal
04-19-2007, 02:10 AM

I have been watching all those clips all night Onie..I have a lot of conflict going on inside myself right now...I know that we all have the choice between right and wrong and good and evil..I know he made his choice..I know we can not blame mental illness on every crime that happens..but I cant get "his mind" off my mind...after you see those videos and hear his words you know just how "tortured" his mind really was...it makes me sad to know the miserable life he must have led..and I think that this had to have been happening over most his whole life..and I wonder if his parents ever tried to get him help..I know he knew he had problems and could have.. at some time gotten help for himself..but at this point in time I think it was too late for him..somewhere he crossed a point of no return..he turned into a killing monster..I have heard reporters say if the judge had ordered him to get help it would have been on his record..would have shown up when he bought the guns and he could not have gotten them..but if he was determined to kill...he would have found a way to get the guns..I guess we could sit and say if , if, if, till the cows come home and it wont change the fact that 32 innocent people were killed and more injured and America will never forget what happened..but I cant hate him..he was one of Gods children, he created him and he loved him..but he chose evil over good..I hate what he did and my heart aches for the families of those students and professors..and it grieves over the horror
of it all...so tell me if anyone else feels this way or am I nuts too...someone wiser than me have any thoughts on this...let me hear..

OnieRN
04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
The whole situation is terrible and sad. Somewhere Somehow this man fell through the cracks. He did cross the line and yet it is obvious from other events that people knew something wasn't right about him. I wished I knew what could of worked, how he could have been helped. Mental illness is such a terrible thing and I agree, you can not blame the person for his illness. I just blame the system in general, it was apparent that there were serious problems and he fell through the cracks of no return.

My major concern now is the safety of others in schools, places of business and in the public. We are hearing it too often. Remember some years back when the person went to the post office and shot up his employer and co workers. What about what happened at the Mc Donald's too. It's just so sad and scarey that these people are not being identified and helped before they lose it.

I work in a Middle School, where we have City and School police on campus, yet we have some disturbed and mean kids in too. The realilty that something like this could happen in any school is a matter record.

My heart goes out to all these families.

TerryW
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM

I'm no wiser by any means Jazz but I do believe the adage - "Hate the sin, not the sinner" - "Hate the crime, not the criminal". I'm not even sure how this is achieved by those that are directly effected by such indiscribeably abhorent acts by one human upon another. On April 28th 1996 in Tasmania (a State of Austalia) a madman shot dead 35 innocent people and wounded another 37 at a major tourist attraction (and other places) including his own parents - some were shot at close range whilst eye-to-eye contact was made - some were even 'hunted down'. There are many totally ghastly individual events that occured during this madmans 19 hour blitz. As you know Jazz, I don't ask God why but I most certainly ask the authorities HOW did this happen in a civilised community? At what point was this individual let down by the authorities, by his peers, by the community - I hate intensely the acts he carried out on his victims AND the thousands that he has caused to mourn their losses and as abhorant as it is, I still find I don't HATE him BUT, I refuse to make any statement that could ever be seen as an excuse for his actions - he did it by his choice - he alone is accountable even tough there may have been those that could be seen to be his unknowing accomplises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre

IF you access this link - stop reading the instant you begin to feel any deeper emotions.

F2F Love, Terry.

Smile
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Dear Jaz, Grannie and Terry: I thank you all three for your comments on my letter. And yes, I too cannot but have sorrow feelings for the shooter and his parents. I have watched his statements and it is so clear that he was beyond help and that no one person was to blame for his violent behavour. I have read a bit about people that have tried to commit suside but were stopped. They all say that at that point in there life there is no heart or sole involved. Thinking is no longer with them. Just the act. I feel, after listening too this young fellow, that this is what has happened to him.His mind was far beyond making any sence of the act he was planning to commit. He saw no faces, no good hearts, no family sorrow which he was about to create. I believe in love and family. This includes all of you. Weather I believe the same way as you do in a God is not really important. I believe in man kind and the teachings of the bible. That is what is important to me. I live a good life because it is important to me and no one else. I treat people as I myself want to be treated. With love and respect. We do need God's teachings if we are to make a better world. But like other things in life, do not be affraid to question anything. In the end you have to make the decision what is right or wrong and not just for yourself but how it will effect others. I hope I have made some sence. And yes ,I am one of the worse spellers you will have ever met. Love you all and we must get beyond this. .........Lois.........(Smile)

rosana brito
04-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes Smile, its words are wise people, the family and the form as we are created educated I believe of must be a base in the life of all, but infelismente not e everything thus not e? e we have of to be chemical preparations it stops to know as to deal with all peoples, one fort I hug

Kisses

ro

*eng*
04-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Well I have spent 20 minutes responding to this and .......poof it's vanished! I will try again tomorrow :)

eye
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Their was a Nova Scotia teacher that was shot and killed. she lived in the next town. What a shame.:(

jazzieal
04-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Dear Jaz, Grannie and Terry: I thank you all three for your comments on my letter. And yes, I too cannot but have sorrow feelings for the shooter and his parents. I have watched his statements and it is so clear that he was beyond help and that no one person was to blame for his violent behavour. I have read a bit about people that have tried to commit suside but were stopped. They all say that at that point in there life there is no heart or sole involved. Thinking is no longer with them. Just the act. I feel, after listening too this young fellow, that this is what has happened to him.His mind was far beyond making any sence of the act he was planning to commit. He saw no faces, no good hearts, no family sorrow which he was about to create. I believe in love and family. This includes all of you. Weather I believe the same way as you do in a God is not really important. I believe in man kind and the teachings of the bible. That is what is important to me. I live a good life because it is important to me and no one else. I treat people as I myself want to be treated. With love and respect. We do need God's teachings if we are to make a better world. But like other things in life, do not be affraid to question anything. In the end you have to make the decision what is right or wrong and not just for yourself but how it will effect others. I hope I have made some sence. And yes ,I am one of the worse spellers you will have ever met. Love you all and we must get beyond this. .........Lois.........(Smile)

I just love you Smile !!! and Im sorry if I offended you or anyone else...I didn't mean to try and push my beliefs on anyone..(((Huggs))) Linda

jazzieal
04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Their was a Nova Scotia teacher that was shot and killed. she lived in the next town. What a shame.:(
How terrible..eye..so much...too much..all over the world..

rosana brito
04-20-2007, 12:35 AM
OH! Eye, that sadder thing, e of if lamenting, for this fact so macabro now

eye
04-20-2007, 07:57 AM
How terrible..eye..so much...too much..all over the world..

No what i meant was she was one of the teachers that was killed in this school killing that just happened.

rosana brito
04-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Group places 1,300 roses in the beach of Copacabana in protest against violence
River of January, 19 abr (EFE) - the beach of Copacabana to down today with 1.300 red roses placed in the sand in a protest of the organization “River of Peace " against the urban violence in Rio De Janeiro and to ask for fast solutions to the authorities.

Each one of the roses represents a victim of the urban violence in Rio De Janeiro since the start of the year. The protest was baptized by the organization of “Garden of the Death ".

The flowers had been placed in the beach of Copacabana in the height of the Avenue Princess Isabel, place of intense traffic of vehicles and people and one of the main tourist points of the city.

eye
04-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh Rosana those pictures were so sad. thank you for showing these. I am glad to just stay home now.:)

Marion
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Very sad, thanks Rosana!

*eng*
04-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Tragic Rosana.

Smile
04-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Rosana my heart goes out to you. It is so hard to understand when we are a piece loving people like yourself to have such violence in our country. Some how it will turn around I am sure as long as there are people like you who believe in family and piece. God bless you and your family and may God keep you safe. We hear on SBM have gotten to know you and we all think you are special. I am so far away in a country that has not yet known the sufferings that you have felt. I think that it is wonderful that we can reach out across the world and try and send our love and prayers. Please keep the faith that you have and things will for sure get better. Some people have lost their way but I know that love will set things right again. I know that by just having a mother like you will make your son make a difference in the world.God bless you and keep you safe..................Lois..............Smile..... ...xoxo

nanwu
04-20-2007, 08:57 PM
My heart goes out to all those effected by this terrible tradgedy.