PDA

View Full Version : Sea Diamond

Marion
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Rosana just made me aware of a cruise shipwreck in Santorini. this is the exact same ship I was on less then a week ago. The SEA DIAMOND!
Here is the article....and below is my picture with the ship.
Darn I missed out on all the excitement!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17965037/

eye
04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
My husband seen that on the news. I am glad it never happened to you. Wow. Was your trip fun.I have never been on a cruise or even a trip.I work and I come home.:D

OnieRN
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Marion, I'm glad you missed that action. Those poor people are stranded.

jazzieal
04-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Geeze Marion...Im glad you missed that excitement..you or your hubby could have been hurt and you could have been stranded and been late getting back here...:eek:

pkdoll
04-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Marion, I'm glad they waited till you were off. Now they have to find a new ship for these people to board to finish their cruise!!

Marion
04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
At least Santorini was our last stop. We got stuck on top of the Island with no way down. We took the donkeys up the mountain and then down we had to take the cable car. By the time we it was our turn it broke and there was no way down the mountain untill it was fixed. the donkey trail was to steep and dark to walk down and covered with donkey poop. No busses to pick us up and so we had to wait till the fixed the cable car. They actually had to get out the manual for it. then they sent for a technician, he just sat there scratching his head. I thought we would have to spend the night there. After several hours standing in the cold they finally got it fixed. They had to hold the ship for us cause there were a 142 of us plus 2 crew members. So we got some excitement! The rest of the trip was awesome inspite of losing my husbands luggage for 4 days. We had a blast! Made lots of friends!

Marion

Granny
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh, my word!!!!!!!!!! I almost lost my quaker! Poly needs her quaker!!!

:o

*eng*
04-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Rosana just made me aware of a cruise shipwreck in Santorini. this is the exact same ship I was on less then a week ago. The SEA DIAMOND!

Now that is what I definitely call fate Marion. Thank goodness you are safe.:)

crops2dawn
04-05-2007, 03:58 PM
WOW Marion, you are ONE LUCKY DUCK!!! So glad we didnt need to send a posse lookin for you! Does someone in here have a way of contacting you in here???? Man I just thought, if something happens to you, Which I am sure it wont, but how are we going to find out?????????

Marion
04-05-2007, 04:11 PM
WOW Marion, you are ONE LUCKY DUCK!!! So glad we didnt need to send a posse lookin for you! Does someone in here have a way of contacting you in here???? Man I just thought, if something happens to you, Which I am sure it wont, but how are we going to find out?????????

Granny has my email address, and I would be glad to PM it to you as well.

rosana brito
04-05-2007, 04:44 PM

YES DrŠ Marion, e accurately this the news, I confused me with I number it of passengers 250 they are members of the crew, but the important one and that nobody he was wounded, therefore that and good always in ours preces to present the God, all our friends, we are much happy with he you again with us ok

we love very you

kisses

MaggieMae
04-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow! Glad you are back safe and sound. Cruises are so wonderful - but things do happen - glad you weren't on it then!

Wickel
04-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Marion, you are braver than I am. Let me tell ya if the tech was scratching head trying to figure out cable car, that would of been clue enough for me to dodge the land mines and walk down the trail LOL. I'm a big chicken when it comes to my feet being off solid ground. No cruises for me :) The kids have all they can do to get me on plane LOL. I'm so glad you made it home safely, now lets see those pictures from the cruise and the view from the cable car.

pkdoll
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
WOW, Marion the ship sunk today!! Or was it last night?! Two people missing. Timing was everything for you! So glad you are safe-and back home, and that you had a wonderful cruise and saw so many beautiful things. Just goes to show anything can happen at any time.

Marion
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I can't believe my ship sank!!!! It was such a beautiful ship, I slept on it for 4 nights. I can't believe it is gone and just last week I was on it! I watched it sink on TV. Strange feeling!

Marion

rosana brito
04-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I can't believe my ship sank!!!! It was such a beautiful ship, I slept on it for 4 nights. I can't believe it is gone and just last week I was on it! I watched it sink on TV. Strange feeling!

Marion

I IMAGINE I EAT THE DR MARION, MUST TO HAVE IF DIRECTION PERHAPS, WHEN IT SAW THE SHIP THAT SLEPT INSIDE, TO DISAPPEAR, HAS BEEN THE SAME THAT I FELT WHEN VI THE AIRPLANE OF MY UNCLE TORN INTO PIECES IN THE SOIL, E I ALWAYS LIKED TO FLY WITH IT, BUT ALL HE PASSES THE IMPORTANT ONE DRŠ E THAT WE ARE ALL HERE NOW! GRACE GOD

KISSES

Marion
04-06-2007, 05:20 PM
You are so right Rosana, We are here and we are ok! Thanks you for your perspective.

crops2dawn
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
OMG Marion!!! I cant believe it either! Oh the feelings you must have felt watching that! Gives me the hibbie gibbies just thinking about it! Ohhh Soooo Happy you came home when you did!! so WELCOME HOMEEEEEEEE!

OnieRN
04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Marion, we're so glad your home safely! This is so terrible. You know if that had happened while you were gone, WE WOULD ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN A MESS! We've had so much sadness here lately, worrying about you would have been another heart break for us.

That You for coming home safely to us!!!! :)

Marion
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys! It is just kind of weird, but I feel a real sense of loss. Don't really know why.... Strange....:confused: I think of it as MY ship.

sacannon
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow Marion, that would be a wierd feeling. The picture of the ship was in our paper here. you were so lucky you were on it last week. I would definately add that picture to your scrapbook! That doesn't happen every day (Thank goodness)

As for you other experience, we had a similar one on one of our trips to the Carribean. We were getting ready to leave and we had a taxi ride to the airport included in our trip. The driver was late getting to the hotel. When he got there, he pulled out a tool kit. Opened the hood and started working on the car. We waited for a while, and what ever the problem was, he wasn't getting it fixed. I was starting to have coniptions and I looked at my hubby and he said "do you want me to get another taxi? And I said "Well, I don't want to miss the plane and even if he gets that cab working, I don't think I want to trust it. We might end up getting stranded half way to the airport". The driver wasn't happy and said "Well don't expect your money to be refunded" At that point, I didn't care. I just wanted to get to the airport. But at least we weren't stranded like you were. Glad you made it back safe and sound!

OnieRN
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow Marion, that would be a wierd feeling. The picture of the ship was in our paper here. you were so lucky you were on it last week. I would definately add that picture to your scrapbook! That doesn't happen every day (Thank goodness)

As for you other experience, we had a similar one on one of our trips to the Carribean. We were getting ready to leave and we had a taxi ride to the airport included in our trip. The driver was late getting to the hotel. When he got there, he pulled out a tool kit. Opened the hood and started working on the car. We waited for a while, and what ever the problem was, he wasn't getting it fixed. I was starting to have coniptions and I looked at my hubby and he said "do you want me to get another taxi? And I said "Well, I don't want to miss the plane and even if he gets that cab working, I don't think I want to trust it. We might end up getting stranded half way to the airport". The driver wasn't happy and said "Well don't expect your money to be refunded" At that point, I didn't care. I just wanted to get to the airport. But at least we weren't stranded like you were. Glad you made it back safe and sound!

I would include the story of the ship sinking at the end of your book.... You were on it's last voyage or pretty darn close.... That is a real story to end with.