PDA

View Full Version : Template: Touch of Spring (Screen Resolution)

Jessica
03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
another one to put everyone in the mood for spring, since the weather is getting warmer (in my area, at least !)

Ladybug
03-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks Jessica! This is an awesome layout for Spring. Can't wait to use it.

Ladybug

Corey
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Nice one...

I can hardly wait for spring. We've had two solid weeks of fog for some reason. It looks like Siberia. My cat is all floppy and disconsolate. It was a short, incredibly warm winter so I have no call to gripe, but I must say it certainly seems to be dragging it's feet on the way out. :)

JoJo
03-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Nice one Jessica, will use that one for sure,thanks.
I must say i am looking forward to a bit of cool weather myself, been a hot summer here downunder.
JoJo

Corey
03-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Oh yeah, you guys are getting your cool season at the same time as we are getting our hot season. I forgot about that... I spent some time in Trinidad as a kid, the rainy or "monsoon" season starts there in about May. Meanwhile here in Calgary May is the month where gardeners put out their flowers and bedding plants for their summer.

I can hardly wait until someone invents a way for you guys to ship your excess summer days up here to us in the icy north. We could sure use them. :D

Jessica
03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
yes indeed. We're sick of winter here up in the northen part of north america !!

Jessica
03-24-2006, 11:49 AM
as for my template, i've been looking at it again, and I don't like it so much... I feel it's missing something, it's too plain... Any ideas ??

Corey
03-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Did someone say "idea"? :)

Anyhow I could post ideas all day but I'll pick just one - see attached. Basically the concept here, for better or worse, was to "tie in" your page elements. Also by placing it like I did, the bottom of the letters occur within the open space between your objects which creates a "point of interest" to the eye. The result is that your eye is naturally drawn to that area. That should balance/harmonize out the top photo a bit. In other words, once you have a photo in place it should "bond" with that embellishment and the result will be that instead of having all the focus at the top there, the focus will be a bit more central to the page. Or hopefully anyhow. :D

It's a bit bold but it's good to make a statement sometimes. Of course you may possibly want to arrange some of your flowers to be atop the bottom swoops of the "springtime" embellishment or whatever, this is just a quick mock up of the idea. Also attached are a few variations on the embellishment (plain + full + no shadow) used so you can try it if you like. Enjoy! :)

Jessica
03-26-2006, 03:27 PM
yes, nice indeed, thanks !

Corey
03-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Incidentally for anyone who may be wondering, that font is called Scriptina and it is the nicest script font I have ever seen. In my opinion it is an absolute "must have" for all digiscrappers. You can get it here for free:
http://desktoppub.about.com/library/fonts/hs/uc_scriptina.htm

:)

Marshalynn
06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Love it, tyvm for the share!