PDA

View Full Version : Lasso Tool

praise2him
07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Would be great to have a type of lasso tool so that I could use some of the alpha freebies I have!

Carena
07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Hmm yes it is a pain when designers do alphas in 1 png block instead of seperates for each letter.

makeyesup
07-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Yes, however, if you are using the SBM program, you can just bring in the element file, go to properties, and then do a crop. Remember to click off the 'keep aspects' check mark, so you can size to only the character that you are going to use. I usually make a copy and paste one or more times of the file first if I want to use more than one alpha character in the set. That way, I don't have to pull the file in multiple times.

Carena
07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, however, if you are using the SBM program, you can just bring in the element file, go to properties, and then do a crop. Remember to click off the 'keep aspects' check mark, so you can size to only the character that you are going to use. I usually make a copy and paste one or more times of the file first if I want to use more than one alpha character in the set. That way, I don't have to pull the file in multiple times.

Now - didn't think of doing that. Great point.