PDA

View Full Version : Hello again from MaryL

MaryL
08-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Just to let you know that I haven't deserted you, my husband has just come out of hospital having had a full hip replacement, as I am registered disabled, we are struggling at the moment, or will be after tomorrow. Our daughter and grandson are here until tomorrow but they have to go back home, work and school committments. They have been a wonderful help, anyway, I shall be back as soon as I can.

Best wishes to you all,

Mary

mh51
08-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Here's something I prepared for you. Hope it comes across OK.....

Granny
08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
We've missed you MaryL... Hope you're hubby gets well soon, and that you can join us in scraping!

Take care!

Granny :)

Marion
08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
We've missed you MaryL... Hope you're hubby gets well soon, and that you can join us in scraping!

Take care!

Granny :)

It is called "scrapping" Granny! I can just see poor Mary sitting there scraping all by herself! LOL

Marion

MaggieMae
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
We are all hoping that your life and your husband's hip will soon be on track again!

OnieRN
08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I've really missed hearing from you! I've thought about you so many times and was hoping all was well. Please stay in touch and drop me a line. Tell your hubby that we wish him a speedy recovery. Also, I hope your friend is doing okay too!

:Dnie

Bee
08-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Sending(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) ))) Mary for you and your husband, hope things start getting better soon.

Granny
08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Once a foreigner, always a foreigner! :o

Thank you Marion, after 40 years, I still can't get a handle on this blasted language. But I'll tell you what is really humiliating.... LOL

Years ago I had the chance to go back and see my family in Cuba. I told every one... "Well, for two weeks, no one is going to tell me I have an accent, or that I'm too short (by Cuban standards, I'm a little taller than average, or so I thought). Well, guess what? As soon as I opened my mouth, every one told me I talked funny and I had an accent... And all the new generation was taller than me!!!!!! Blasted! :eek:

I wonder where I could go next? Australia? Eat Vegemachaca? Would Moonbeam take me in? Would a roo kidnap me and take me to the outback and make a b-b-q out of me?

Granny :confused:

Marion
08-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Don't feel bad Granny, I am a foreigner too. I have been here almost 35 years now When I go home, the people that don't know me tell me I speak very good Dutch but with an American accent.

Marion

MaryL
08-27-2006, 05:17 AM
for your kind messages and concern. We had another setback last Thursday, I was worried about Stan's (operation) leg, I called the doctor, he was concerned that Stan had a Deep Vein Thrombosis and sent him to hospital as an emergency. Thank God it isn't a DVT, it is blood poisoning, so my poor husband is now on intravenous drips in the hospital, blimey what a time we have had. Hopefully he will be home soon.

Thanks again, I was started scrapping as soon as I am able.

Best wishes to all of you,

Luv
Mary

Marion
08-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Keep us posted Mary. Hopefully all will be well soon.

God Bless!

Marion