PDA

View Full Version : mh51 - Dollar Tree 'travel mugs'

mh51
02-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I know............

They're only $1
They're cheap

BUT........... fun. I can put my own insert into the mug.

I picked up a couple in Dollar Tree & think they'll be a bit of fun and would make good pencil holders for my desk.....!!!

I don't have a template insert so.............
if you have one.............
could you please upload so I can download & play around while here in Florida.

Smile
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Whow Mary........are you now living in Florida:eek I thought I was going to visit you in England...........what on earth is a "dollar tree travel mug"..........:eek: I sure don't mind helping you out if I could catch you and if I knew what you were talking about........have you been drinking a little too much root beer lately:eek:......we all miss you so much and it's so nice to hear from you but I am afraid I am no help at all........just wanted to say helllllllllooooooo............xoxoxo

sacannon
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
I forgot you were going to be in Florida, how is the weather? A lot better than here I am sure. Though my sister not far from where you are says that it had been a little cooler than normal.

I think you left off a little info in your post. could you elaborate a little more.

crops2dawn
02-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I know what you are talking about!!! My sister has a template, let me see if she will give it up....I am not sure of the size, I've only seen them in one store here, and it wasnt the dollar outlet...but now I gotta see if they are there....anyway.... I'll get back to ya soon

mh51
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
OK guys, I guess these lovely blue skies & sunshine are getting to me a bit & I feel so relaxed & laid-back!!!
It's a bit on the cold side but way better weather than they're having back in the UK.

Now ya all must remember the threads with the inserts for insulated travel mugs???

Obviously this one costing $1 won't be insulated :rolleyes: but you can screw off the cap (which has a drinking lip).
Once this is off you can then screw off the inner portion and take out the paper inlay & create/substitue your own design.

Making sense yet??? :confused:;)

It's on the small side but I think someone mentioned before that it could be 7oz...!!!

CROPS... will watch out & see if you're able to get me a copy of that template.

We fly back home from Kissimmee on Monday arriving in the UK (to snow) Tuesday 7am....... :eek:

crops2dawn
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Sorry Mary, she has the template for the big Mug, not the smaller size.... Why don't you take the piece of paper that comes with it, out and measure it....then you'll know for sure what size you need.
Can you please send some of that warmth from Florida up North a little.... I am soooo cold today and I can't get warm for nothing!

mh51
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks Crops for even bothering!!!
When I get home I'll scan the inner & take it from there.
If anyone is interested, I can upload png image for this little mug!!!

Lovely & sunny today and when I've finished here I'm heading out to the back yard of the villa we're rented for the month... It has a swimming pool & backs directly onto a small wooded area.
We've been so blessed as we had a Cooper's Hawk sit directly outside the netting. Also two Ibis..... PHEW... now isn't that SOMETHING!!!

The Floridians think it's cold at the moment, but just right for us.
Weather back home is, like lots of other places, 'out of synch' for this time of year.
Snow, snow & more snow... maybe our plane won't be able to land on Tuesday morning and they'll turn us around back to sunny Florida LOL.

grannywin
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Your discussion got me running immediately to the local Dollar Store to see if I could get some of these bargains. Thanks for giving me the tip and hope you had a great vacation, Mary.

I was only able to grab two cups since someone else purchased a pile of them yesterday, but one was all I needed. It is important to preserve the correct size, so I figured a template was the best way to do it. The template is posted in the template section. If you want to play with the shape, I will attach it here. I must be used with a 8.5 x 11 inch landscape layout. The only thing I don't like about the mug is that it can't be put in a dishwasher or microwaved, but what can you expect for a buck! The Dollar Store should pay us for advertisement.