PDA

View Full Version : My unexpected holiday!

wolvsie35
01-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Happy New Year everyone...Hope it is a great one too...<wink> I wanted to post a thread letting you know where I have been for over two weeks (if anyone even noticed...lol). The morning of December 23rd, I was walking down my steps to get my splash of "it's time to get up juice" as most of us call coffee...lol...when my left foot came out from under me and in seconds I was on my butt and down seven steps. The cause was my Neuropathy...Now, at this time of the morning, my kids are still in bed and my honey was getting ready for work...Here I sit at the bottom of the steps, in shock...No pain hit me yet...I actually chuckled when I noticed that in my right hand I was still holding my bottle of water that I was carrying down from the night before...and as I put that down on the floor next to me, my dog came over and started licking my face...lol...Anyway, the pain started to kick in everywhere, tightness in the mid-section to the point where it felt like someone was squeezing me...I told the dog to "go get daddy!" I knew he was coming anyways, but I wanted some skin left on my face...lol
Well, to make a long story short, and to spare you all the details...I spent Christmas, lying on a Futon trying to enjoy the company while my family does everything I usually did...and spent New Year's on my couch watching Series of Ghost Hunters (one of my Christmas Gifts...hehe) with a garbage can by my side since I couldn't get up fast enough..
I am still sore but trying to move around some...Bad thing is, I had to miss my holiday traditional trip AND I got the flu on the 26th...Try throwing up when your insides are already killin' ya!!!!!!! OMG, not fun at all...This was one of the worst holidays spent, and I'm so glad its over...lol..Most of it anyways...
So this is what happened and the reason I haven't been here...I will get to all my emails soon and answer them all when I can...I know some of you still need info on your name gift exchange, etc...I promise to reply...Love ya all..:)

MommaBird
01-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Haven't been here much myself lately, but sure sorry to hear about your rough time over the holidays. My prayers are with you for a rapid recovery; you are sure loved on this forum! GET WELL SOON!!!

eye
01-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear all this .:(Hope you are feeling better.I also got sick.Took 10 days of and ended up sick for it all.So I was wondering where did Christmas go:D.

Smile
01-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear that you are ok. I just received your Christmas card today and thanks a million. That has to be the worse thing for us lady's.... to be down and out at Christmas......we always think that no one can do it like us but sometime's our family's supprise us. Even though they can't do things as good as we can......lol.........I sure hope this New Year's brings you alot more good health than the last one. Take care............xoxo

Granny
01-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I missed you, Wolvsie. Wondering what you were up too. I figured you were busy with the holidays. Sorry to hear what happened, but glad you are overcoming it, like the good trooper you are.

Please take care and stay out of trouble!

;)

twpclerk
Well, I'm glad to hear your feeling a bit better by now, I'm so sorry for all the pain you've been through. Sure does sound like it was a miserable holiday. Hope things perk up for you soon!!

O2BNGdHope
Poor baby! Hope you're feeling better now! Smile! It's a brand new year! This one's gotta be better than the last one! LOL! Love ya!

Carena
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Ouch - not a nice time for you at all. Glad nothing was broken and that you're now on the mend. Take care

pickngrin
01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
My goodness sweetie! I am sure glad you didn't get hurt worse than you did, and to be laid up at Christmas. You poor thing! I hope this new year will turn things around for you.
HUGS!

nanwu
01-05-2009, 12:56 PM
have only been popping in and out myself, but did notice i hadn't seen your name on.....sorry to hear about your misfortune....hope things are looking up

crops2dawn
01-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Geezeeee girl, we are gonna have to put you in a bubble soon!!! LOL I too, thought you were busy with the holidays...sorry you had to go through that stuff!!! What an excellent way to get out of doing all the christmas stuff....LOL
I gotta remember that for next year.....hahahaha And if I don't fall....you can push me, ok!

scrappyaggie48
01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I was wondering too where u were, but I thought you were just taking a break from us............ sorry to hear you poor darlin, hope you get better soon, luv ya:)

kmgoff30
01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
While cleaning out my many many SBM templates yesterday, I came across some of your templates and thought "Hmmm, wonder where she's been lately." The sad part is I couldn't remember your name!!!! STOOOOPID - check the TOU!!!!! Glad you are doing better!

snickers
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I am still faithfully checking your blog and i definately was worried about ya! Sorry about the crappy holiday but be glad you had family around (I try to look for the silver linings!)...here's to a speedy mending for you and that everything else straightens up this year too!!

take care!
christina

*eng*
01-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Awww and after all the hard work you do for us all. It is -7.5degrees here in England, it is so cold and we hardly have any snow to show for it, too cold I guess, plenty of icy roads though! I hope you are nice and warm and snuggled up and everyone waiting on you. x

wolvsie35
01-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys...I am feeling much better...Some areas are still tender, but nothing I can't handle...lol...and Crops, I would never push ya...Maybe nudge ya some...hehe...:D I will try to be on here more now that I can sit some what comfortably...HUGS

twpclerk
01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling perkier!!