PDA

View Full Version : mh51 ~ Windows Address Book

mh51
12-31-2008, 02:38 AM
At the moment I have my Contacts & Business Contacts details in two separate databases...

I would like to begin the New Year by incorporating them into one & thought of using Windows Address Book.

Does anyone use this?
Any pros & cons?
If I change from XP to Vista will I still be able to Import?

Any other suggestions?

Mary

mh51
01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
...anyone...???

pkdoll
01-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry Mary I haven't used that windows feature, but I sure would like to hear how it works too. So I will be watching this thread for any updates.

mh51
01-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Me too..........

sacannon
01-02-2009, 07:17 AM
I haven't used it either, so I can't help.

srussell
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Mary,

The Windows Address Book has a file extension of .WAB, so you can search for that on your computer and copy/back it up. I do this all the time as it's always changing. Also I copy it to my laptop and have the latest info when I travel.

mh51
01-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Mary,

The Windows Address Book has a file extension of .WAB, so you can search for that on your computer and copy/back it up. I do this all the time as it's always changing. Also I copy it to my laptop and have the latest info when I travel.

Thanks Steve... I do everything you have said above BUT I've had a go at using this while doing a Mail Merge in WORD and it doesn't appear as one of the options when looking for database.
Any thoughts!!!

*eng*
01-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Too clever for me a numpty :D

srussell
01-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks Steve... I do everything you have said above BUT I've had a go at using this while doing a Mail Merge in WORD and it doesn't appear as one of the options when looking for database.
Any thoughts!!!

You might be able to export your address book as a CVS or comma-delimited text file, then use that with Word... just a thought...

mh51
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
You might be able to export your address book as a CVS or comma-delimited text file, then use that with Word... just a thought...

YES... have tried that also BUT want the simple life...!!! LOL

Until I can figure something else out, I'll stick with my MS Works Databases... one for personal & one for business contacts.

Many many thanks for your input Steve. ;)