PDA

View Full Version : TRIP to NYC

Winnie49
12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes girls!!! we are going to New york City this thursday 4th arriving NYC on friday 5th so i would love to know who's there or maybe will have the weekend there! we stay there until the 9th and hope to meet some of my SMB Friends!!!!
Baci
Wendy

Marion
12-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh how fun! I wish I could be there to meet you. But I live too far away. I hope someone else can meet you! Have a great time in NYC!!!!

Smile
12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
What a wonderful trip that should be. Sure wish I were handy , I would love to meet you. Is this a business trip or a family trip. Is your little girl going? She will be amazed at all the Christmas decorations. Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures....we will miss you......xoxoxo

pkdoll
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
How awesome you get to make a trip to the states. I wonder how close Crops is to NYC--who knows, maybe she is close enough to maybe meet you. Wouldn't that be coooollll! Have a safe trip!

Winnie49
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
we are sooo excited!!!! we have never been there so we are doing a family trip my girls , hubby and i!!!! and yes i guess they will love the christmas air there! and if anybody know something interesting to visit or something different please let me know we are looking on internet and we found some things!
I'm sorry i cant meet marion, paula and louis but hope to do it some day!!! and would be GREAt meet Crops lets see where is she!!!!
Thank you so much girls for your best wishes! i will keep in touch!
baci
wendy

sacannon
12-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh, I wish I was going to be in New York! I haven't been to NYC since I was a little girl. I know it has changed a lot since I was there. Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures to scrap!

omajo
12-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Have a wonderful holiday in NYC, hope you meet one of the SBMers there !!
oxox

mh51
12-02-2008, 05:02 AM
When I visited NYC... the best place I visited was Ellis Island!!!
What an atmosphere... you're right there in the Immigraion Hall with all those people who crossed the Atlantic.
TRULY AMAZING...!!!

Wickel
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Your going to have a blast !! Be prepared to be shocked thousands and thousands of ppl. The streets are busy all hours of the night and day. Horns tooting, sirens blarring :) People are very friendly. Their are vendors on every street corner selling different items from fruits and veggies to shirts and watchs. Dress warmly, in layers, it tends to get a lil windy and chilly there. Take a backpack for all that you collect along the way, it beats carrying tons of bags. If you have a chance take the elevator up to the top of the empire state building. "Don't forget to bring you camera". Have fun can't wait to hear about your adventures :D

Granny
12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh, Winnie, I'm delighted for ya. New York is the ultimate!!! You will absolutely love it. If you can, visit the hystorical Stanley Theater in New Jersey. It's listed as one of New York's must see places.

I really wish I could be there to meet you and the family. But have lot's of fun, it's a trip you will never forget.

:D

crops2dawn
12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
ohhhhh Winnie, I would LOVE to meet you NYC...it's about 45 minutes from me, but at this time I just can't get into the city! Gosh I havent been there since 911 and I sooo hope to go see ground zero someday! NYC is the most magical place to see at Christmas time....get to Time Square, I love that area! A good place to eat is Planet Hollywood, maybe you'll see a few stars eatting there!!! I also recommend seeing David Letterman... I fall asleep with that man every night....LOL If you have enough funds I also recommend seeing a Broadway Play....they are ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!! Get to Rockerfeller Center, you wont regret it and take the buggy ride through Central Park....most of all HAVE the time of your life....there is sooooo much to do there!

Winnie49
12-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Yes i heard too that this time NYC is a very magical place, specially for my girls! Stefania the oldest one cant wait to go and take the plane tomorrow nigth ( we will sleep in amsterdan and friday 8am take the place to Ny) we are sooo excited and iam taking notes of all i need to see there so THANK you so much girls for your advices!!!!! and iam so sorry i wont see any of you! but hope to do it!!!!!!! As you can imagine i am soo excited toooo and promise i will post the pictures!!!!!
Again my dearest friends! thank you so so much for your sincerly wishes! i really appreciated!!!!!
Baci
wendy

Winnie49
12-03-2008, 03:08 AM
I forget something! we love David Letterman showtoooo we watch it one day late but its better than nothing, but i dont know what to do to go, does anyone of you know how???? my hubby do a request on internet but no answer yet, if someone know something PLEASE let me know!!!!!!
BAci
wendy

Wickel
12-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Winnie sometimes they are giving tickets away right outside of where the show is broadcast. Keep your eyes open you just might see someone outside one of the buildings giving away tickets to one of the late night shows. Good Luck and enjoy. Don't forget to take the girls to one of the biggest toy stores ever. Have fun !

Scrappyfrog
12-03-2008, 07:20 AM
I was there in March....there are so many things...but like Wickel says...a Broadway show is very special (we saw "Curtains" with David Hyde Pierce from Frazier and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (too depressing for kids). If "Wicked" is still showing and you know Wizard of OZ, that's an awesome play. We also went to the "Top of the Rock" which is the top of the Rockafeller building...67 stories....you can see Central Park, the Empire State building (course, this would be cool to go to the top of)...and lots of the city. Carriage ride thru Central Park (very cold!!! but you get to feed the horse at the end), Statue of Liberty...you can go to the island or take the Staten Island ferry which goes past the statue. Try to get there at sunset, gorgeous photo opportunity. And for the kids...the M&M store in Times Square....2 stories of chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rosana brito
12-03-2008, 07:49 AM
OH! Who gives to me to have the pleasure in knows it Wendy, as he also knows I live well far of NYC, but I am certain that one day all we go in to know, has one
Good trip shortness sufficient its family ok
kisses:D

Winnie49
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Great info about the tickets! i would love that my dear hubby can go there he enjoy so much the show, so lets see what happen i wiil look for them :o)
M&M store?====????? goshhhh i cant believe it!!! my girls love it! so let look also for the biggest store!!! OMG there are so many things fantastic to see at NYC hope to see most of them!!!
Rosana dear wish you can come soon to la TUA ITALIA!
BACI
Wendy

*eng*
12-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I would love to meet u and goto NY. Unfortunately I can only dream :(

mswizard
12-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Although I HATE NYC (I lived there for a while)...I'm in upstate now but it would have been fun to show someone something of this place that few get to see. You picked the most perfect season of the year to visit though Wendy, I hope you all enjoyed your trip :)

crops2dawn
12-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Wiz....quick get to the Holiday Inn......I am sure if you stand in the lobby screaming WINNIE49 she will hear you! LOL

mswizard
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Wiz....quick get to the Holiday Inn......I am sure if you stand in the lobby screaming WINNIE49 she will hear you! LOL

Hey Crops>>>>You are even closer than I am now...if ya run fast..you just might make it! :p

crops2dawn
12-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey Crops>>>>You are even closer than I am now...if ya run fast..you just might make it! :p

You want me to have a heartattack????? :D