PDA

View Full Version : The remodel

CrystalInMinn
11-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Back in September I was told that they wanted to remodel my apartment since I have been here 9+ years. The other apartments around me are getting renewed and it is my turn to get 'caught up'.

When they came around for federal housing inspections a couple of weeks ago they had to condem my neighbors furnace and due to the furnace not working properly a pipe had cracked due to the cold. Mold and mildew had set into the walls and cabinets where our kitchens connect.

YUK! This is a photo of the cabinets that they removed and they had to remove the walls as well. Boy did my place STINK! of mold when they cut out those walls next door. I was overdue for new cabinets as these were even the newer ones I have old dark walnut caninets from the late 70's still and are warped from dripping sink water damage as well. Since the walls were wet in between my walls they will have to come down also. So I get the remodel started. finally.

They want to do a ton of work through Dec. carpeting and painting, new linoleum, etc. So I am struggling with what I can do for Christmas decor. Oh my! It will be nice to get it done as most of my belonging were moved out to my garage unit some months ago. They have had so many move outs that they have not been able to get to it until now.

I did manage to move our bedroom belongings around to switch rooms so I went through our belongings and storage upstairs at least but there is so much work to do as they can carpet one room at a time I will have to empty one room up there at a time so remove, and re-move. LOL. I'll take pics and share the process.

Anyway, that is why I have been quiet.

How do you paint in winter and keep a low heat bill??? YIKES! smelly... P.U.!!!

They told me that they have ordered my cabinets and will give me a two day notice of when they will come in. so I am waiting to get word so I can pack up the rest of my kitchen and dining belongings. Sigh. So much work. I know it will be worth it but MAN! I am overwhelmed.

Marion
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
It will all be worth it in the end. Just think you will have your whole house clean!

nanwu
11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
this is exciting....it will be like having a whole new place...they say change is as good as a holiday....and boy are you going to need a holiday after all this LOL

CrystalInMinn
11-25-2008, 05:03 PM
this is exciting....it will be like having a whole new place...they say change is as good as a holiday....and boy are you going to need a holiday after all this LOL

oh hee hee you are too funny. Vacation is right. Now someone just tell me the lucky lottery pwerball numbers and I win that then I can go somewhere.. LOL ;)

eye
11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Ohh new cupboards.A womens dream.Once it is done and you go into it you will feel like you have a new place.Hang in there.xo :)xo

pkdoll
11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Crystal it all sounds wonderful. Yes- alot of work--but, oh so worth it!! Can't wait to see the before and after photos!!! What a Merry Christmas for you.

crops2dawn
11-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Take a deep breath!!!! You'll get through this, and with all new stuff!!!! Ohhh, I cant wait to see it when its done! And just remember its not where you have christmas that matters, its WHO you share christmas with the means the most!!!! Nobody remembers where, just the who!!!

Marion
11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Nobody remembers where, just the who!!!

You are right Carol, I just looked at last years pictures to see where Christmas day was last year. It was at my house, So this year is not my turn! :D

CrystalInMinn
11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
You are right Carol, I just looked at last years pictures to see where Christmas day was last year. It was at my house, So this year is not my turn! :D

It's not my turn either, hee hee. Just always me and my son, a nice quiet day that's why I try to make things as festive as I can. And Santa always has something nice for me ;) I get what I want that way with no white elephant gifts. ROFL.