PDA

View Full Version : November Designer Challenge ~ Hosted by Autisticwonder

angelwithin
11-01-2008, 09:35 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/srangelwithin/smilies/comsoon3.gif

Donna will be along some time today to tell you what she has in store for you for this months challenge (i've seen the kit you are going to have a blast)

Take it away Donna :D

mh51
11-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Waiting, waiting (tapping foot & waiting) LOL
3.50pm in UK but that's only 9.50am East Coast time...!!!

mariet
11-01-2008, 11:40 AM
LOL !! paging Donna, has anyone seen Donna this morning???
Paging Donna to the SBM challenge !!
hehehehehe !!:D

autisticwonder
11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Sorry Ladies..my neighbor got me into selling at her yard sale this morning!! Yeah..got rid of some of my stored JUNK!!LOL..

OK..without more delay!!

This challenge is called TURKEY DRESSING!!

In the states, November is THanksgiving month..SO

Turkey DRESSING means WHATEVER you want it to!! Whatever comes to your mind..go with it!!

RULES:
1) You may use these paper scraps to create more papers and backgrounds

2) You are encouraged to use your SHAPES from MAX to create more fun shapes for dressing your TURKEY.

3) You are ENCOURAGED to not only show off your creations but to also share your templates in .smt form here in this thread.

4) You may and hopefully you will create more brads and elements to give away in this thread!!

5) HAVE FUN!! Think of how a TURKEY would feel come THANKSGIVING!! LOL

The KIT has :
6 solid color tiles
1 plaid background paper
3 patterned tiles
1 overlay tile
1 brad
3 grommets
2 tags
1 torn edge piece
6 feathers
3 main body parts of the turkey
8 sets of eyes
2 beaks
1 red nose hanger(what is that called??)
1 feather fan tail
2 feather arms
1 black stick for leg or arm
1 black stick hand or foot
1 binder clip
1 corner
3 flowers

naugle1
11-01-2008, 04:04 PM
This looks like it will be fun! I love the eyes!!!! Cannot wait to see what creative pages everyone will do!

pickngrin
11-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I am a little lost. Are we supposed to make a turkey or a layout or both? LOL!

Carena
11-01-2008, 05:53 PM
LOL Donna - looks like a fun challenge. I might have to gobble myself. LOL. :p

sacannon
11-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I am a little lost. Are we supposed to make a turkey or a layout or both? LOL!

Not sure, but it sounds like anything goes! Sounds like fun!

autisticwonder
11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Anything goes is right SUE!!

I'm not going to make this SPECIFIC! What comes to your mind when you hear the word TURKEY DRESSING ??? Go with any ideas you have!

Do layout, tags, candy bar wrappers...WHATEVER...or just make extra elements, or papers..Whatever you feel more comfy with!

Create new shapes for it's clothing if that turns you on and share them with us!!

Example: For Thanksgiving...some folks don't eat the traditional TURKEY.. So you may want to work up your TURKEY as living it up on the beach somewhere taking a Holiday of it's own..and show a distressed PIG or some such thing..

Hoping you all have a funny bone that will get tickled with this challenge!!

Go for it ladies!!

angelwithin
11-01-2008, 08:08 PM
i love this kit Donna....i found this photo and thought i'd give you a little turkey humour lol

autisticwonder
11-01-2008, 08:54 PM
HaaaHHHHAAAAA...oh..bustin on this one!! TOO funny!!!!! LOVE it, Fiona!!

Gotta go to bed folks!! Can't wait to see what all you folks start dreaming up!!

I'll be posting more to add to your kit as time goes on!! WE have a whole month of fun!!

crops2dawn
11-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the goodies Donna! Gotta put on me thinking cap.....hmmmmm, turkey dressing.....we call it STUFFING here....lmao

sacannon
11-02-2008, 07:30 AM
We call it both, but this is making me hungry for thanksgiving dinner! Yummmmm!!

KPierce
11-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I made a turky page. I have had this pic to srap for a while. The season and the kit got r' done.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/turkey.jpg

autisticwonder
11-02-2008, 09:33 AM
KPierce (Karen)...SOOOOO COOL!! What a GREAT picture and the journal is sooo clever!! LOTS of fun!! THANKS so mUCHO!!

More to add to your collection..THE shapes!!

Thought of this idea this morning!! BIRD FLU!! Reason to eat something other than TURKEY for our THanksgiving FEAST!!

Here's the HANDKIE and other bird items!! LOL

Newbies:
To download these new items:

1) CLICK on Image to ENLARGE it

2) RIGHT CLICK and choose SAVE TARGET AS option
or SAVE PICTURE AS if not available

3) Select your destination folder for this item
Typically: C:> PROGRAM FILES> SCRAPBOOKMAX >
GALLERY> IMAGES> EMBELLISHMENTS> Folder of
your choice ( or place in your November 08 Designer
Challenge folder)

4) Pat yourself on the back!! GREAT JOB!

NanaC95565
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I love your lo KPierce.. Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving again.. Just seems like we had Thanksgiving. Boy how time does fly...

autisticwonder
11-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Scrappers,

I'm going to be off the next 6 hours for church stuff..Have fun!!

Carena
11-02-2008, 04:28 PM
OK Donna - thanks for the fun challenge. Hope you like.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Save-the-turkey.jpg

autisticwonder
11-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh..Carena..too funny!! LOVe it!! Thanks girl!!

Crops calls Turkey Dressing..Turkey STUFFING...Can't wait to see her view on the topic too!!

Way to go scrappettes!!

Carena
11-02-2008, 04:42 PM
LOL we don't have Thanks Giving here in New Zealand - thought it was time to help save the poor old bird. :p

pickngrin
11-02-2008, 05:21 PM
I was in the midst of making a Thanksgiving Day kit so I will just share it here instead of as a kit. Hope yall like. I will be adding more if this splitting migraine headache goes away.

For the 2 place cards, the card is folded in half long ways and then you need to cut around the top part of shape of the scarecrow or pilgrims. Then you will have a stand up scarecrow or pilgrim.

I made the scarecrow and the pilgrims were from a free share clip art I found online.

pickngrin
11-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Here is mine.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Turkey_Dressing-screenshot.jpg

crops2dawn
11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
These are FANTASTIC!!!!! WTG girls.... Carena since you dont celebrate Thanksgiving, you are more than welcome to come and spend it with me and my family....You'll have a feast you'll never forget...and we try not to eat too much turkey...cause that dessert table stares at all of us...lol It's true that ole saying....GOBBLE TILL YA WOBBLE.....hahahaha

Thanks for more goodies! I love them all!!!!!!

Now.... just a small stepping stone for me... This post will be my 4,000 post in the forum.... I wanted to do it someplace special and I do believe this is the place!!! YIPPPIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I am no longer a scrap guruuuuuuuuuu......lol

Scrappyfrog
11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Here is my entry entitle "Turkey Protest". Full credits in the gallery. Boy did I have fun (I was inspired by all the previous entries!).
http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/Turkey-Nov-08-Designer-Challenge-000-Page-1.jpg

Sorry, the template is a tad too big. I'll have to work on it.

pickngrin
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Now.... just a small stepping stone for me... This post will be my 4,000 post in the forum.... I wanted to do it someplace special and I do believe this is the place!!! YIPPPIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I am no longer a scrap guruuuuuuuuuu......lol

Good for you Crops! It's nice to get recognized for talking too much huh? ;)JUST KIDDING! Congrats!!:D:D

MommaBird
11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
These are just toooo funny! Pick, I thought the same thing you do, the turkey "dressing"!

Scrappyfrog
11-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Yay, Crops! You are now a MAX Mastermind. Was there any doubt?? Nahhhhh

pickngrin
11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Here is my entry entitle "Turkey Protest". Full credits in the gallery. Boy did I have fun (I was inspired by all the previous entries!).
[
Sorry, the template is a tad too big. I'll have to work on it.

That is hilarious!

sacannon
11-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Here is mine.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/sac_Nov-Challenge-000-Page-1.jpg

autisticwonder
11-03-2008, 05:41 AM
WowWWWW!!! You scrappers have a GREAT funny bone side!! SAVE the TUrkey Foundation will probably start here!!

Carena..sorry you don't have THanksgiving day! So what I'll do is give you all a template for a THANKFUL card today to also play with!! So if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving..just get sentimental and give thanks to your blessings of friendship to someone this month.

Pickngrin!! YEAH..THANKS for making your donation of THanksgivn goodies here!! THe more the merrier!! This will add to our Thanksgiving celebration folders wonderfully!!

Congrats!! Master Mind CROPS!! LOL..4,000!!!! WHEW!!

Scrappyfrog..I LOVE IT!! TOO FUNNY!! Sometimes hard to keep under 5 MB for our templates!! Maybe in card form will work.. BIG HUGS!!

ALL you WONDERFUL SCRAPPERS keep em coming!! Love your humor!! Sue...(aka:sacannon)..WAY to go!! LOVE your crop of the bird!!

Keep checking in for more items during this week!!

sacannon
11-03-2008, 07:21 AM
These are FANTASTIC!!!!! WTG girls.... Carena since you dont celebrate Thanksgiving, you are more than welcome to come and spend it with me and my family....You'll have a feast you'll never forget...and we try not to eat too much turkey...cause that dessert table stares at all of us...lol It's true that ole saying....GOBBLE TILL YA WOBBLE.....hahahaha

Thanks for more goodies! I love them all!!!!!!

Way to go Croppy!!! Welcome to the Masterminds!

sacannon
11-03-2008, 07:31 AM
I forgot to upload mine as a template, here is the link:

autisticwonder
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey Sue..you've been a Mastermind a long time!! You can tell Crops how it feels to be one!! LOL

Carena made a good point..For Folks outside the US..Turkey's probably aren't as significant in November..So here's a CARD template and matching Envelope template for you to rearrange as you like for the Challenge for just fun! and to encourage us all to send a THANK YOU card to someone special to cheer them up! OR whatever you can think of!!

Shapes here for envelope and card fold.

Finished card size measures 4.75 inches wide and 3.75 inches tall.

MommaBird
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Pick, you must have had a "Minnie Pearl" turkey -- saw the price tag on the hat!

Here is mine.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/NovemberChallenge.jpg

sacannon
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
[quote=autisticwonder;124559]Hey Sue..you've been a Mastermind a long time!! You can tell Crops how it feels to be one!! LOL

Well, I don't know...I must gab more than her, because she joined the month before me (I am suppose to be the shy one) ?????

autisticwonder
11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Shy? Sue?? LOL!!!

Mommabird...Way FUNNY!! You put some work into it!! THANKS girl!!

pickngrin
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
More stuff for you

pickngrin
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Few more papers

autisticwonder
11-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Pickngrin...you puttin out some mighty fine stuff girl!! THANK you Sweetie!!

KPierce
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
These are all so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

crops2dawn
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks Pick....keep em coming.....

ronnalouise
11-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Hello: I finally figured out how to upload. This is my
first time on line. Hope I did it right.
Ronnalouise

autisticwonder
11-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Hello: I finally figured out how to upload. This is my
first time on line. Hope I did it right.
Ronnalouise

Dang GOOD for first time!! Way to GO!! Keep em coming!! WELCOME!! Love your layout!! VERY FUNNY!! tur-KEY!! LOL

Scrappyfrog
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Yay Ronna, ya done good!

mariet
11-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Finally I made another challenge, it has been a while.
Hope you like the humor:D
credits posted in gallery

autisticwonder
11-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Mariet...Love what you did with the body in getting the hunched over look with your bird!! BRILLIANT!!

Love to see you all use your family pictures in your templates and have the bird compliment your activity.. and then post your templates here to share with others in .smt form..

Keep up the great enthusiasm..Lot of challenges this week..You sure stay busy around here!! LOL..

mariet
11-04-2008, 11:20 PM
oOo ! yes I have been bad :o I forgot to post the template with the .smt. Sorry ! will post tomorrow..
Loving everybodies lo's !

nanwu
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
okay we don't celebrate thanks giving here in Australia, but thought I would join in anyway. Thought the turkeys might like to turn the tables on us humans

autisticwonder
11-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Nanwu...GIRL..You had me on the floor rollin with laughter!! This is toooooo FUNNY!! Thanks for sharing your humorous side!! VERY CREATIVE!!

Love what you did with the shapes!!

I'll have another packet for pickup Saturday..Then we will close at the end of month with some goodies for the participants!!

HUGS!! Keep em coming!!

autisticwonder
11-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Fiona's weekly challenge was sooooo fun to watch!! WOW..

So I was hiding!! LOL..

Here's 8 more items to stir up your curiousity and hopefully tickle your funny bone to just produce something in honor of the TURKEY!! LOL..

Go for it!!

This template will overwrite the first..Now has two templates in there..

New items: 2 frames
new brad, knotted tie, turkey flower, new tile, felt turkey, felt ribbon

sacannon
11-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Nanwu, that is so hilarious!!!!! Great job!

O2BNGdHope
11-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Have you guys been reading Crops' blog? I can't wait to see who wins this one!!! LOL! Thanks for the freebies, Donna!!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/500/SBM-Weekly-challenges-003-Page-2.jpg

autisticwonder
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
OB..WOW!! Go GIRL!! LOVE it!! You're FAST!!

You have me so curious about Crops blog event this week!! Have to check it out!! THanks!!

autisticwonder
11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh..my GOSH!! Clams for Thanksgiving? I feel the same way Crops does on this issue!! I'm a Rhode Islander and love clams..but I'll pass for thanksgiving feast of them!! LOL..

crops2dawn
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
OMGGGG....that is tooo funny!!! I am stealing this for my blog.....LOL Hope you dont mind...this war has just begun...wait till tomorrow.....hahahaha

sacannon
11-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds like some war! Clams for Thanksgiving????? yukkkkk

Scrappyfrog
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Clams, period...yuck!!!! Hilarious! These are great pages!!

autisticwonder
11-22-2008, 07:47 AM
OK folks..Last week of the November Challenge!

We have yet to see how Crops makes out with the CLAMS for Thanksgiving dinner...eek..

For Those that don't celebrate Thanksgiving..lets see what TURKEY DRESSING means to you!!

This is not all about THANKSGIVING..it's about a TURKEY and what we love to do with TURKEY's ..eat them..STuff them..LOL..So got for it!!

Sue sent me some totally fun turkey comics..This should help stir your imaginations!

I'll be sending all participants an exclusive free kit with alpha for personal use at the end of the challenge!!

Go for it gang!! I know you can do it!

Been very excited about the entries so far!!

sacannon
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Ah, I see you did get them in! LOL

autisticwonder
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Ah, I see you did get them in! LOL

Love them too much to just not figure out how to do it!! GREAT job girlfriend!! Thanks so much for finding them!!

Now..let's see what comes from the extra push!! LOL

twpclerk
11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
This is my attempt using the template provided for this challenge. I used one of Wolvsies papers for the background.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/data/2247/twp_Turkey-.jpg

ValerieElaine
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Love the layout .gave me a good laugh for the day

autisticwonder
11-23-2008, 07:25 PM
twpclerk...bless you!! REALLY cool colorizing of the bird tag!! and love the stitches! THANKS for sharing!!

nanwu
11-24-2008, 03:08 AM
thanks for the laugh twpclerk

angelwithin
11-25-2008, 09:56 AM
fantastic pages everyone....dont forget this challenge ends on sunday so if you have pages to do get them done asap ;)

fabulous challenge Donna :D

next month Carena has something planned for you all :D

autisticwonder
11-29-2008, 07:31 AM
This month has flown by..Ha...ha...oh dear!! LOL..

ONe day left to get any of your layouts, cards, etc.. in the post!!

Thanks so much for doing the challenge!! You have all tickled my funny bone with your creations!! For those that have submitted to the challenge..you will be receiving a download link for a thank you gift from me!!

Big HUGS Scrappees!!

autisticwonder
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Max doesn't let us send pictures through our emails..So for those that received the links for participation in this thread this is what you'll have in the kit..

Hope you like!! It's 38MB file..BIG!! CHeck your emails for the links for it..Let me know if you didn't get your links!!

twpclerk
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Donna, I'm not able to get this kit:confused: It says it's not valid. It sure looks perty though!! lol