PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo FUN!

pickngrin
10-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok so does anyone else own this thing? If not, stop what you are doing right now and go get one! OMG I am already addicted! Bamboo Fun is a pen tablet that lets you draw, paint, write whatever! I love it! I told my lovely sweet husband that if he really loves me, he would go ahead and get me my birthday present today (birthday not until Dec. 3rd)
SO he did! I am still getting used to using the pen instead of trying to draw with a mouse. It takes some getting used to.
I took a picture out of a really old Christmas coloring book and used that as my inspiration. I am not the best artist just drawing from out of my head but I can look at something and give it a go. SO here is my first Bamboo FUN drawing. I know it isn't much, but I am here by myself tonight and thought I would share how much in love with my new toy I am.:D

crops2dawn
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Does Staple sell these??? And how much does your new cost?? Inquiring minds want to know....LOL Uh Ohhh, I see TONS of great stuffs coming for you....so PLAY AWAY!!!! LOL

sacannon
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Looks great, I had debated on getting a drawing tablet for a while they weren't cheap. I curious like Crops, how much does the bamboo Fun cost?

pickngrin
10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Well the one I got is the small Bamboo Fun, it was $99.99. They have just the plain Bamboo that is a little less technical for $69.99. Then there is the bigger one for $199.99. I went with this one for the cost. I am in love with it. And YES Staples carries it. That is where I got mine, but I am sure Best Buy or other places like that carry them (why you would go THERE is beyond me);)

Here is another one I just did, I swear it is so fun! I thought he would be cute sitting on top of a frame or something. Be prepared to be bombarded with STUFF once I get the hang of it.

fourfoxes
10-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Depending on the size you want they are 99.00-199.00. Just Google bamboo fun.

Carena
10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I have a tablet made by Genius but I've heard good things about bamboo. I use mine for making photoshop actions - drawing etc but still getting used to it.

Glad to see you're having so much fun. :)

Marion
10-24-2008, 07:37 PM
These are great! Love the boy angel!

wolvsie35
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I have a bigger Bamboo Tablet and for writing things I love it...Still haven't got a hold on the drawing yet..Once I let go of the pen, it isn't easy to find where I left off...<wink> But I am loving it so far..and yes, I agree, everyone should have one..Even to doodle with..LOL...:D

Granny
10-24-2008, 09:25 PM
I have a table too. They are really great, specially for adding shadows and highlights, and for free hand objects. I highly recommend getting one, although not necessarily the most expensive ones. If you find it difficult to work with it, you would have wasted a lot of money.

:D

O2BNGdHope
10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
I was looking at that same one. the smaller bamboo fun. Thanks for sharing your drawings. Love them! And You're right! He would be cute sitting on top of a frame!

pickngrin
10-24-2008, 09:38 PM
OOHHH I just discovered you can trace with it too! Oh my! Lay a picture over the pad and just trace it! OMG I will be up all weekend:eek:

sacannon
10-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Well, I am going to have to look into it. I have tried drawing with the mouse and I don't have much luck with that.

Scrappyfrog
10-25-2008, 12:52 AM
I just bought an Intuos 6X8 pad, which I will soon be using as my main mouse. I have done watercolor in the past and wanted to try some online and this was recommended. Now I really can't wait to use it! (it was a leeeeeettle more expensive though, at around 350.00..yikes!)

RachellIowa
10-25-2008, 08:26 AM
I have a Adesso 6x8 tablet it was only 49.00 still getting used to it it has a thin layer which you put a drawing under and you can trace it love the fact all the little tabs are accross the top of the pad( new ,open,close,)and such Went and found a mini key board also as now I have room for everything on my tray(as I call it) the slide out for the key board. all buttons are normal size everything is just compacted not spread out and the nubmer pad to the right side iis not there but but it encludes everything that you need.

Smile
10-25-2008, 09:06 AM
OOOOoooooooOOOOOoooOOOooooo I need a fix.WOW.Now this is Eye and I have questions.Does this take the place of your mouse or is it hooked up seperate.Does it use alot of space on computer.Is it big and is it like a minature desk top.Is it hard to understand directions and are you willing to be our teacher:D

Granny
10-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Eye... You want us to buy it for you too? :rolleyes: :D

RachellIowa
10-25-2008, 11:03 AM
OOOOoooooooOOOOOoooOOOooooo I need a fix.WOW.Now this is Eye and I have questions.Does this take the place of your mouse or is it hooked up seperate.Does it use alot of space on computer.Is it big and is it like a minature desk top.Is it hard to understand directions and are you willing to be our teacher:D

no I still have a mouse and mine also came with a mouse and pen but I don't care for the mouse that came witth mine I use my faverite mouse it is a cordless one that I've hade for a while the tablet is a usb use it like you would your mouse

pickngrin
10-25-2008, 02:40 PM
no I still have a mouse and mine also came with a mouse and pen but I don't care for the mouse that came witth mine I use my faverite mouse it is a cordless one that I've hade for a while the tablet is a usb use it like you would your mouse

Yeah, what she said! I don't really care for the Bamboo mouse either so I have my old mouse still hooked up too.

TNLori
10-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Can these things be used with PSE, CorelDraw, or RealDrawPro? Or do they use their own software? I'm definately interested in this...

RachellIowa
10-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Can these things be used with PSE, CorelDraw, or RealDrawPro? Or do they use their own software? I'm definately interested in this...

They can be used with any programe atleast the one I have can I have tried on everything I have in the computer just like a mouse

*eng*
10-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Sounds good and I love the examples, want one! :)

pickngrin
10-26-2008, 07:54 AM

Hey Lori, I would assume they can (especially Corel), in fact it comes with Photoshop Elements 5.0, Corel Painter Essentials 3.0 and NIX Color Efex Pro. I am only familiar with Photoshop7.0 and CS, but I am almost positive it will. I love it! Hurry!! Go get one ;)

TNLori
10-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey Lori, I would assume they can (especially Corel), in fact it comes with Photoshop Elements 5.0, Corel Painter Essentials 3.0 and NIX Color Efex Pro. I am only familiar with Photoshop7.0 and CS, but I am almost positive it will. I love it! Hurry!! Go get one ;)

Must.... resist.... urge.... to... buy....

...but I will look for the best deal using my husband's computer and leave the screen up where he can find it. He's always saying the I'm impossible to pick out gifts for because I just go get what I really want, anyway, so here's a way to kill two birds with one stone - I'll still have one by the end of the year, and he'll have a Christmas gift idea. It's a win-win! :)

mh51
10-26-2008, 12:07 PM

...but I will look for the best deal using my husband's computer and leave the screen up where he can find it. He's always saying the I'm impossible to pick out gifts for because I just go get what I really want, anyway, so here's a way to kill two birds with one stone - I'll still have one by the end of the year, and he'll have a Christmas gift idea. It's a win-win! :)

Soooooooooooo cunning......!!!!!!! LOL

crops2dawn
10-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey Pick.... Guess what I want for christmas!!!!! You sold me...and I told hubby thats what I WANT!!!! LOL Now I gotta wait and see.....but I think I will have to go with him to make sure he gets the one I want! hehehe So keep playing so I can see what it does!!!! LOL

pickngrin
10-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey Pick.... Guess what I want for christmas!!!!! You sold me...and I told hubby thats what I WANT!!!! LOL Now I gotta wait and see.....but I think I will have to go with him to make sure he gets the one I want! hehehe So keep playing so I can see what it does!!!! LOL

Well, I am working on another kit, so you will see soon. I am wondering how I can get more pen nubs because I know I will be wearing this thing out soon. LOL!

crops2dawn
10-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Well, I am working on another kit, so you will see soon. I am wondering how I can get more pen nubs because I know I will be wearing this thing out soon. LOL!

Dont push too hard!!!! And can you actually get a replacement or do you have to buy another pen???? You better check this thread often, I will have more questions, thats for sure! LOL

RachellIowa
10-26-2008, 08:42 PM

some where ther should be information where to get them. I know I got two extras with mine and haven't wore out the first one yet. they last quite a while a lot longer than I thought it would.

CrystalInMinn
10-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Egads! You read my mind. That is om my electronic wish list!!LOL! Been drooling over these for 4 months. I have to get the silver medium bamboo fun.

I know someone who does use hers exclusively. She does not even use a mouse now.

Pick I love that Angel!!! Keep at it. Sounds like sooooo much fun. ;)

pkdoll
10-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't even draw a straight line--how am I going to draw on one of these tablets?????????Love what you have done so far Pick!!

pickngrin
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I can't even draw a straight line--how am I going to draw on one of these tablets?????????Love what you have done so far Pick!!

LOL Pk! You crack me up. Thanks for the compliment too. But you really can trace with it. The only bad part about it is the pad is a little small and you would have to trace really small items unless you did it in pieces.

O2BNGdHope
11-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Just to let everyone in on it, I got the small Bamboo Fun with all the graphic software at Amazon.com for $84.99 and if you sign up for the Amazon Visa card you get an additional $30 off. So I got the thing for $54.99 and free super saver shipping. Great deal!

pickngrin
11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Just to let everyone in on it, I got the small Bamboo Fun with all the graphic software at Amazon.com for $84.99 and if you sign up for the Amazon Visa card you get an additional $30 off. So I got the thing for $54.99 and free super saver shipping. Great deal!

Ok see now, I am jealous!!! LOL, you are going to have so much fun with it! Has it arrived yet? Let us see your work as soon as you get something made. You will be addicted in no time!

O2BNGdHope
11-14-2008, 10:40 AM

...but I will look for the best deal using my husband's computer and leave the screen up where he can find it. :)

It came! It came! And guess what! It came with PSE6, Corel painter Essentials 4 and nik color efex pro 3.0. All the new versions! (well almost new. PSE has 7 now). So now I can upgrade my PSE5. If you get it, be sure to check the back of the box for which software bundle it has, the old or the new. I'm gonna make Pickin jealous again because hers has PSE5. Heehee!

pickngrin
11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
It came! It came! And guess what! It came with PSE6, Corel painter Essentials 4 and nik color efex pro 3.0. All the new versions! (well almost new. PSE has 7 now). So now I can upgrade my PSE5. If you get it, be sure to check the back of the box for which software bundle it has, the old or the new. I'm gonna make Pickin jealous again because hers has PSE5. Heehee!

LOL!!! I am glad to see someone else so excited about it! Ha ha! I actually don't even use the software that came with it. I use Photoshop CS. I tried PSE but didn't care that much for it.
NOW hurry up and draw us something already! LOL:D

Texaslady
11-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I ordered my just now from Amazon it cost 89.00 I can hardly wait..:) I am not an artist so hope I can trace...

eye
11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Sniff Sniff if everyone in here gives one penny then they can get EYE one:DJust a kiddin.I still have not found any around here.But after Christmas Eye may just get one.:)

sacannon
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I told hubby I wanted one for Christmas. He told me to go get it and he would wrap it. So I went and got it! yippee! Just have to wait to use it. Now I feel like a little kid!.... hmmm, I might snitch the Corel painter Essentials 4 and nik color efex pro 3.0. software out of the package before he wraps it though (I have pse6 already).

O2BNGdHope
11-23-2008, 02:49 AM
LOL!!! I am glad to see someone else so excited about it! Ha ha! I actually don't even use the software that came with it. I use Photoshop CS. I tried PSE but didn't care that much for it.
NOW hurry up and draw us something already! LOL:D

LOL! Now I'M jealous! Wish I could afford the $299 upgrade to CS that they have but too many grandkids want Christmas presents, too! Hahahaha! Oh, well. At least I got the new PSE6 so everything that came in the box was new for me. So the $54 was a real bargain! I've got it connected this weekend and will play around with it as soon as possible. Wish me luck!