PDA

View Full Version : I'm still here! REALLY!!!!

OnieRN
10-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi All,

It's been crazy latety! John and I will be leaving for San Antonio on the 22nd of Oct..... to attend our sons graduation from Basic Training at Lackland Air Force Base. I am STILL waiting to get that job landed! I am going in for a 3rd meeting with the Manager, before we leave this week. This has been so frustrating......... just waiting and waiting. I know they checked out ALL of my references and was given Excellent Referrals. You would think it would be easier this time, since I worked for them before and since I left on good standings.

Another update on my brother Frank............. He was transferred to a Rehab Hospital today.......... about 3 miles from his home. They do not expect him to be there long. They just need to make sure he is ready to go home. He has become diabetic, since the pancreas was so damaged! So he has to get some teaching on that and also on caring for the remaining tubes in his stomach. Poor Frank had been terrified about leaving the other hospital....... afraid of getting sick again. So, I guess my parents will be heading back home to Arizona tomorrow. It will be nice to see them.

OH OH OH, I nearly forgot............ My son-in-law (Dean) is on his way back home from IRAQ before the end of October! So, we are expecting him to complete his 3'rd tour within the next week or two! THANK GOD he is coming home! AGAIN!!!

eye
10-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Well things are looking up for you Onie.It is slow but I am sure you will soon be smiling.So glad your brother is getting bettter.Keepus informed on the job xo.:)

nanwu
10-19-2008, 07:27 PM
glad to see things are picking up for you and your family....enjoy your sons graduation

OnieRN
10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
glad to see things are picking up for you and your family....enjoy your sons graduation

I had a terrible scare today! I hadn't been feeling too good for several days, but then......... this morning I got this awful awful pain in my chest............ I could not breath and was screaming in pain. John called 911 and I was carted off to the hospital via ambulance. I honestly thought I was going to die. After 10 hrs, they ruled out a heart attack but I may have an ulcer with gastritus. They do believe that I may have some cardiac issues and referred me for follow up with a cardiologist. But I did not have a heart attack! The nitro they gave me seemed to calm things down. I have been under WAY TOO MUCH stress and it obviously caught up with me. I just got home awhile ago and plan to take it easy. :eek:

O2BNGdHope
10-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Well, it's no wonder with all the stress you've gone through in the last few months. You poor thing. I want to say "take it easy" but in your case the stress isn't something you can fix. Just try to get plenty of rest and get Fiona to give you one of her relaxation therapies. Remember when she did that for everyone? I'm sure she can help you. Take care of YOU first.

*eng*
10-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Onie do take care, things are looking up and that is wonderful but do take it easy x :)

omajo
10-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Onie take care,....Praying for you and your family !!

pkdoll
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Onie I can just imagine how scared you were!! OMG! Please do take care of yourself. Try and calm some of the stressors in your life and look at all the positives. It's not easy, but hopefully with your brother doing better, and you getting to see your son will help. Take care.

OnieRN
10-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I WAS RE-HIRED TO MY OLD COMPANY! I'm so excited! I will work part time from home and the other time will be visiting patients at their doctor appointments. It is a Case Management position with on Work Comp (injured workers). I worked for them before but I left over 3 years ago, due to major changes in the California Work Comp. I will not be working on Arizona cases. Same basic job but better! YIPPEE!!!!

One more frustrating event........ our poor cat (Buster) got an abcess in his mouth/behind the right eye. Oh it just broke my heart to see him in so much pain. It just happened so quickly. We took him to the vet and he had to have surgery yesterday and 2 teeth removed...... All for a mere $600. Today he acts a little better but his sweet little face and right eye looks terrible. We're giving him oral Antiobiotics 2 times a day and ointment in the eye 3 times a day. My parents are going to take care of him while we're out of town, which we will leave tomorrow to attend Josh's graduation from Basic Training!

eye
10-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Oh Onie sit down and I will cook and clean for you.take care of yourself Onie.You have had too much on your plate.Luv yah and enjoy your visit with the graduation xo:)