PDA

View Full Version : external hard drives

RachellIowa
10-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Just got home a little while ago went and did some shopping well ended up at Staples store and was just looking to see what I might want for christmas and right now they have a Maxtor 500 giabyte external hard drive for only $89. I know it's not a name brand but bought one anyway brought it home and hooked everything up and it automaticaly will back up file at a set time when you set up when and time so you never have to worry about loosing files on your main hard drive my old one didn't even do that well it wasn't really even old but hubby kept talking about wanting one for his computer so I got the new one and transfered all the stuff and gave him the old one but he was ok with it as he said I had the old almost full so I needed the bigger one. they also have 50% back off paper products if you have one of there rewards cards.

pickngrin
10-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Now see, wasn't that EASY? LOL! ACtually Maxtor is a very popular name brand when it comes to External hard drives. They are owned by Seagate. In fact that is the main brand we carry at Staples. We also have Western Digital and a few new ones. Did you buy the One Touch? Those are one of the best selling because they are so easy to use. And the rewards offer on the better reward payback will be ending soon so hurry!! You get 50% back on paper, 25% back from all Copy and Print center jobs and 10% back in ink and toner.

Marion
10-18-2008, 11:35 AM
One of my externals is a Maxtor one touch and like pickngrin said, that is a very good brand. :)

pkdoll
10-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I was just researching external drives--because I want to get another one to back up the two I have and I was looking at the Maxtor one touch 1TB--but never heard of it and was wondering how it was, and now I know!! Thanks guys-I was trying to decide if I should get it or not and now I think I will get it. Not sure yet if I will get the 500GB or the 1TB-but love the fact that it has one touch back up!!:)