PDA

View Full Version : Time To Check In!

OnieRN
10-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Things have been busy busy busy! I should know about the one job tomorrow...... I've had 2 interviews with them and they took me out to lunch last Wednesday. I know that today, they called 2 of my references. Both references are still employed by the Company! I haven't heard about the 3rd one yet but she told me that her boss came to her, asking about me and she told her boss that I was "A diffentent rehire"

Oh I hate the wait!!!!

A week from Wednesday (10 days), John and I will be flying to San Antonio for Josh's graduation from Basic Training. I got to speak to him again yesterday.....briefly, and he seems to be doing pretty good.

I had one nephew return from Iraq and another who just went to Iraq. My son-in-law will be coming home in 2-3 months from his 3rd tour in Iraq and another son-in-law will be leaving for his 3rd tour in January. I feel that we have good representation in the Armed Forces in our family! We also have 2 other nephews who are state side now! I believe we have 7 active duty military....... right now!

NOW, about this DAMM Vista........ I HATE IT! I am so discouraged with trying to download stuff. The security on this is difficult. I was trying to download the FREE AVG software and it starts but it wont go past 17 % before it freezes. That seems to be the standard with about everything I try to download. I have surfed through the security features and have tried to re set them to lower settings but it still doesn't help! Grrrrrrrrrr! I feel so stupid! I may need to find me someone who has "hands on experience" with Vista, and let them figure it out. I just do not know any computer geeks here! :eek:

Tonight (Monday night) was our bowling night and I actually bowled pretty darn good! I got my FIRST 180! My average has jumped up from last here from 105 to 121 but tonight I bowled an average of 143!!!!!! I got a 180, 116 & 145. Even John was shocked!!!!! :D

My brother continues to improve too! :D

eye
10-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Imissed you Onie.Iam gladsomeone else hates VISTA.I have had it for 18 months and still do not like it.I feel we should not be forced into taking this when you buy a computer.
I bet you are so proud for your son.Good luck on the job.I just know you will get it xo.Got to goto bed as I have to be up in a few hours for Sheenas braces.

Smile
10-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Hay Onie glad to hear that things are at least settling a bit for you. I bowled once but when I went to throw the ball it went behind me instead. There was some man holding a cup of hot coffee but he jumped out of the way just in time to miss getting hit with the ball. Unfortunally his wife wasn't so lucky as the coffee came pouring down on her. I hope that taught her a lesson on how close you should stand to someone holding a hot cup of coffee....:D

OnieRN
10-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Hay Onie glad to hear that things are at least settling a bit for you. I bowled once but when I went to throw the ball it went behind me instead. There was some man holding a cup of hot coffee but he jumped out of the way just in time to miss getting hit with the ball. Unfortunally his wife wasn't so lucky as the coffee came pouring down on her. I hope that taught her a lesson on how close you should stand to someone holding a hot cup of coffee....:D

LOL..... FUNNY SMILE!

My first time bowling was for my 16th birthday and I was fixed up on a blind date......... I too lost the bowl behind me and got my date in the ankle. That was the First and last date with that guy! Do you think I scared him? Oh, and he was home on leave from the Air Force too! I find it hard to believe that I scared him worse that he was scared from the Air Force............. LOL

Yeah, Eye I do not like Vista! I hate all the protection it offers me because it protect me from myself! Sort of reminds me of the "childproof bottles" the parents can not open them and have to have the kids do it for them! Right now I am running with NO VIRUS protection cause I can not download the AVG. I even have problems downloading kits and embellishments, etc from here!

nanwu
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey Onie, looks like things are finally picking up for you....congrats on your son graduating...(My hubby is a serving member of 26 years)....looks like you going to get that job...YAY!
I love bowling but haven't been for ages...I'm not very good but I have heaps of fun..and if i get a strike you would think I had won the lottery...I jump and yell and dance...I practicley do cart wheels (and thats saying something these days...I'm built for comfort not athletics LOL)....anyway glad to see things are looking up...keep you in my thoughts

crops2dawn
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey Onie, sorry about all your computer problems! I havent a clue why some people have sooo many problems with Vista and others have none at all....(like me) (Thank God!!!) Just a question...Is it a laptop you are using??? Cause it seems that people who use laptops and Vista are the ones who seem to have this problem. Just curious!!!

Glad to hear you got to speak with your son, I know how worried you get! Thanks for the update, I sure do worry about you!!!!! Hugs GF! xoxoxo

wolvsie35
10-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear some things are improving...and Congrats on the bowling...Great scores...<wink> :D

Marion
10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Carol, I run vista on my laptop too without any problems.