PDA

View Full Version : Gotta a question

pickngrin
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
How in the world do you guys make ribbons? The ones with bows? I can't figure it out. I really love bows (not really fru fru ones) but simple little bows with dangling ribbons. Do you scan one in and re-color it or what? And raffia type bows, how are they done?

MommaBird
10-03-2008, 08:01 AM
There was a really good tutorial somewhere; I'll see if I can find it. Hope the page still exists. I know someone will provide a link for a great tut. In case you get one and it is PSP, post any questions you may have here. I, like several others, use both and get probably give you equivalent commands. I will look for the link. Also, do a search on ribbon and bow brushes, you can build on these.

angelwithin
10-03-2008, 08:34 AM
bows are a nightmare (and thats coming from a designer rofl) you need a program that can twist/curl/bend/fold images...i use a plugin for psp that cost me a small fortune :eek:

i have some bow shapes here (http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3666&highlight=ribbon) which you can 'cut' bows & ribbons and a ribbon tutorial for psp here (http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3572&highlight=ribbon)

pickngrin
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
PSP is Paint Shop Pro? Gosh I don't have that. I think my parents do on their PC though. I have never tried it in Photoshop, I wonder if that will do it. But I have seen some really great and realistic looking bows. Fiona's orange one in the new challenge is what I am talking about. Where you can actually see the texture. I will try to find a tutorial for PShop.
Thanks girls.

pickngrin
10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Fiona, on those bows (on the link you gave me) are those PNG's? Perhaps I could find some transparent bows, move them to Photoshop and fill them with color and texture. I am going to give that a try, thanks for the link and inspiration.

angelwithin
10-03-2008, 06:26 PM
so long since i made them lol but i think they are jpegs

psp is paint shop pro ;)

the realistic looking bows involve scanning lengths of ribbon cutting away the background and then manipulating them into a bow shape - the easy way is to scan or photograph a pre-made bow and then cut away the background ...it took me over 8 months to suss out how to manipulate ribbon lengths sooooooo good luck lol