PDA

View Full Version : Your SBM forum names?

MommaBird
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
We have some very cool names here in the forum! Is there a story behind why you chose your user name? I have a bird who calls me MommaBird even though he knows my name. When he wants attention he will usually say Momma Loves! What's your story?

TNLori
09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Mine is pretty simple. I live in Tennessee & my first name is Lori. So, TNLori it is...

O2BNGdHope
09-26-2008, 06:14 AM
I grew up in a tiny community called Good Hope. My user name reflects my desire to move back there. My cry of "Oh, to be in Good Hope" surrounded by my family became O2BNGdHope.

KPierce
09-26-2008, 07:00 AM
I wish I would have been more creative. :confused:

But I don't think I can change it now w/o starting over entirely.

sacannon
09-26-2008, 07:05 AM
I wish I would have been more creative. :confused:

But I don't think I can change it now w/o starting over entirely.

Me too, we would loose all the posts connected to our names. Mine is pretty boring and I didn't think of coming up something catchy.

Tiffanys Scraps
09-26-2008, 08:08 AM
My name of Tiffanys Scraps comes from my puppy Tiff. First time in my life that I have had a pet that really is special to me. Yes she is spoiled ROTTEN.

wolvsie35
09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Mine is wolvise35...I love wolves, I collect everything I can find..lol...and 35 was how old I was at the time I signed up...hehehe..

Granny
09-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I moderated the RealDrawForum in the pass, and was about the only female there. Guys started asking me personal questions, so I told them I was happily married and old enough to be their grandmother. Then I change my sign in name and avatar to Granny. The rest is history! :rolleyes:

angelwithin
09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
when i worked on a spiritual site we were asked to talk with our guides to get our screen names....i was given the name angelwithin ..........i see the angel within everyone ;)

RachellIowa
09-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I was born and raised in Iowa and everytime we moved we always came back, I don't really know why we do butwe do. and my first name is Rachell -long a short e ( my mother always called me her hxxx child because I was so bad.

pickngrin
09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I already told how my name came about, but I will share again. A long time ago my husband and I were part of a Marshall Tucker Band chat room/fan site. And that was our screen name there. My husband is a guitar player, so he picks and I grin.

Marion
09-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Cute all these cool names. For me I thought about it looooonnnnggg and haaaarddddd and then I decided I better pick something easy that I could remember and I came up with Marion. Fits me well doesn't it:)

sacannon
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Cute all these cool names. For me I thought about it looooonnnnggg and haaaarddddd and then I decided I better pick something easy that I could remember and I came up with Marion. Fits me well doesn't it:)

Sure does!

fourfoxes
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
My screen name was chosen because no one ever gets my last name right. I spelled it the way it sounds (fox) not the actual way it is spelled. There are four of us in the family so it's fourfoxes. :)

eye
09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
My name is irene.i was always called i so i used eye

Winnie49
09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow is so nice to see the description of our usernames!!!! great idea mommabird!!! well mine is winnie49 because its my msn/hotmail nickname and i choose it thinking in my big brother that is an angel in heaven and he was called winston, like my dad but everybody called him winnie/winni so i decide to call me like him because i never know him

pkdoll
09-26-2008, 06:47 PM
My name pkdoll started out years ago when I got my first email account. My hubby and step son set up my internet back than and they gave me the name.:) It is my initials, and I love dolls so that's how they came up with my name. pkdoll---:) I have always just kept it because it fits.

Carena
09-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Wonderful story behind some of those names. No secret with mine - Just plain carena. LOL That's my real name and it makes me easy to find.

I was going to be Karen but my brother had a play around with letters and came up with Carena. So here I am.

Caitlyn got her name from a womans magazine my mother was reading. It had a story about a grandmother naming her grandchild and a speical poem behind it - Mum like it and so she suggested Caitlyn. Prior to that I was going to name her Selena - so she got it for a middle name instead.

crops2dawn
09-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Mel... I still like the name I had for you....OGBYNHope....LOL
All this great info.... I love hearing about these!!!
Ok, heres my story.... One night before I started digiscrappin I had a girls scrappin party. It was the 1st of which I intended to do annually. Crop til ya drop sleepover... we had blast til wee hours in the morning. (ok, I lied....lol ...A little passed midnight) hahaha I never had another cause I soon found SBM and was addicted right away. Trying to figure a name was easy...crops 2 dawn.....LOL But now I am called crops, croppy, coopy, coppy, potato head......lol

O2BNGdHope
09-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Trying to figure a name was easy...crops 2 dawn.....LOL But now I am called crops, croppy, coopy, coppy, potato head......lol

You forgot "Nut". LOL!

jazzieal
09-27-2008, 05:54 AM
This is a great discussion...When I first started using a computer I was trying to find a password and everything I put in was taken...I started trying using things I saw in the room..glade, hairspray, pepsilover, and all again with numbers on the end and I everything was taken..there was a jazz cd laying on the table and I tried jazzieal..al for alabama, and it worked..they took the nick so thats what Ive been ever since...I just used the same nick and password for everything so I never forget it..LOL:)

twpclerk
09-27-2008, 06:43 AM
I really love this thread, it's really cool how everyone picked their nicknames. I was a Township Clerk for 24 years and when I started that job, I chose twpclerk for my email address and that stuck for everything!!

pkdoll
09-27-2008, 07:22 AM
These are great! I love hearing how people got their names. Some of the stories are cute.

sacannon
09-27-2008, 07:26 AM
This is a great discussion...When I first started using a computer I was trying to find a password and everything I put in was taken...I started trying using things I saw in the room..glade, hairspray, pepsilover, and all again with numbers on the end and I everything was taken..there was a jazz cd laying on the table and I tried jazzieal..al for alabama, and it worked..they took the nick so thats what Ive been ever since...I just used the same nick and password for everything so I never forget it..LOL:)

I have always wondered how you got your name Jazz! I noticed pepsilover in your list...my name on ebay is dietpepsiaholic (self explanatory) LOL although I don't drink it anymore...just water now.

sacannon
09-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Mel... I still like the name I had for you....OGBYNHope....LOL
All this great info.... I love hearing about these!!!
Ok, heres my story.... One night before I started digiscrappin I had a girls scrappin party. It was the 1st of which I intended to do annually. Crop til ya drop sleepover... we had blast til wee hours in the morning. (ok, I lied....lol ...A little passed midnight) hahaha I never had another cause I soon found SBM and was addicted right away. Trying to figure a name was easy...crops 2 dawn.....LOL But now I am called crops, croppy, coopy, coppy, potato head......lol

yep, I gave you coppy the other day! (blame my fingers) hehehe

*eng*
09-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Well my name on here is my nikname and as old as me lol! When I was born my mum said my cry sounded like 'yeng yeng' this got shortened to 'eng eng' and then 'eng'. All my family and friends call me eng and now my 18 year old daughter has started so my sons will follow I expect!A lot of people wrongly think it's short for England. My hubbie put 'Eng' on a raffle ticket once and I won a prize but they kept calling England, it was ages before the penny dropped. It is pronounced e as in elephant not E as in England! Hope that explains it lol! :)

LindaPete
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Mine is not creative at all. Linda is my first name and Pete are the first four letters of my last name.

nanwu
09-27-2008, 09:35 PM
mine comes from my dad...he used to call me his wendywu, which got shortened over the years to just plain wu, so when my daughter became pregnant for the first time i said i wanted to be a nana as i was too young to be a grandma, the other grandma had the same opinion so I became nana wu so we didn't confuse our granddaughter this was a little to hard for her to say when she first started talking so it became nanwu

knzus
09-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Mine is from the literal way I pronounce the state I live in... Kansas = knzus :D

mswizard
09-28-2008, 07:26 AM
this thread is cute :D. My name started when I was little, my mom always calls me wizabeth, then my friends in grade School called me wiz so when I was in jr and sr high and was getting into trouble my teachers and principals added the MS in front when I was in trouble...I've been called Ms. Wizard ever since (My older sister still calls me Tishy...another story lol)

Wickel
09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Great idea Momma ! I too love to hear how ppl come up with the names that they use. This is how I came up with my nic ..........we called my son "wic" during his sports playing days (he was a lil firecracker) and my daughters name is Kelsey and we call her "kel" there you have it ........"wickel" I have the license plate too hehehehehe :)

MaggieMae
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
This is the neatest thread - I don't know how I missed it before. I think you all probably know why I chose my username!! Little Miss Maggie Mae - at first I just used my email and then I saw Moonbeam's pretty username and pm'd Desmond and asked to please help me change my name. He very kindly did and it's been MaggieMae or MM or M&M ever since!!

evee
10-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Hi! Well, Evee is just a shortened form of Evelyn. I used to get called Ev, or Evvy, but a friend started spelling it Evee and that stuck!

Smile
10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
I just wanted something that I could pass on that would stick...what better than a smile.....although my first choice was "yawn".:eek:

Gotart
10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
For about 10 years my daughter & I did our own Holiday Bazzars & crafts for shops in town..
We named our business "Gotta Have Art" after the song "Gotta have Heart"

So I use GOT ART As my Identification

*eng*
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
For about 10 years my daughter & I did our own Holiday Bazzars & crafts for shops in town..
We named our business "Gotta Have Art" after the song "Gotta have Heart"

So I use GOT ART As my Identification

Ahhh...I'm glad you explained as I pronounced it Go Tart!

crops2dawn
10-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Ahhh...I'm glad you explained as I pronounced it Go Tart!

Yea know... I thought the same thing.....LOL Go Tart!!! LOL Sorry but after all this time in my mind it will always be Go Tart.....hahaha

sacannon
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Same here, I thought it was Go Tart too! Well, good thing we have this this thread to clear things up!

Gotart
10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Yea know... I thought the same thing.....LOL Go Tart!!! LOL Sorry but after all this time in my mind it will always be Go Tart.....hahaha

How funny never thought how someone else would look at it...

crops2dawn
10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
How funny never thought how someone else would look at it...

Ya gotta remember we are a bunch of NUTS......hahahaha

grannywin
10-21-2008, 07:27 PM
It was great reading all these stories. Even when I know some of your real names, it still is so familiar to call you by your forum name. I used PoohBear as a CB name for years, but it seems everyone else uses that name also. I never could get on a site using PoohBear, so I had to reinvent myself. Since I had just become a grandma for the first time when I bought the program, it seemed natural for me to become GrannyWin--Win being short for Winnie.

Moonbeam
10-24-2008, 01:02 AM
I already told how my name came about, but I will share again. A long time ago my husband and I were part of a Marshall Tucker Band chat room/fan site. And that was our screen name there. My husband is a guitar player, so he picks and I grin.

what a relief .. all this time I thought it was something to do with your nose LOL

Moonbeam
10-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Fascinating - sfter reading thru this thread... great reading _ I have often wondered about many...
MOONBEAM : because my dear husband calls me his moonbeam that always lights up the darkness.. always enough light to see where he is going.. and maybe not as bright as some lights LOL