PDA

View Full Version : What should Emily be for halloween?

mswizard
09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
We are ALL fighting in the neighborhood. Mark (Naturally) thinks she should be a princess, Mikki wants her to be a pumpkin, Ian wants her to play spiderman to his Batman and I want her to be a witch, her Grandfather wants her to be dorothy from OZ and Mamma Lou thinks she should be a scarecrow! Does ANYONE have any suggestions for something original????????

Marion
09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I am with Mark on this one, she should be a little princess, she sure used her magic and enchanted us all:)

sacannon
09-22-2008, 09:40 PM
hmmm. Maybe to keep peace she could be Glynda (sp) the good witch from Wizard of Oz. But I also agree with Marion, she did enchant us all.

sacannon
09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Other options:

Fairies are real popular
Cinderella
Raggedy Ann
Elf....maybe the Princess Elf from Lord of the Rings

CrystalInMinn
09-23-2008, 01:24 AM
:D keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.

mh51
09-23-2008, 01:39 AM
I am with Mark on this one, she should be a little princess, she sure used her magic and enchanted us all:)

YES Marion... I agree... you said it for all of us.

pickngrin
09-23-2008, 04:28 AM
Well whatever she will be she will be the cutest little trick or treater out there, but, I don't know, I always hated store bought costumes, becuase no matter how cute they are, chances are you will see at least 2 other kids just like it.
Let's see, little girl costumes....

I love the Raggedy Ann idea
A mouse
A flower
A bumble bee
An angel

Good luck, I am in the same boat with you. My son actually wants to be SATURN this year! Yes, the planet. We are trying to convince him that an astronaut would be just as cool. How in the world do you make a Saturn costume that will fit in the car or through doors.

eye
09-23-2008, 05:48 AM
AN ANGEL with pure fluffy wings and a halo.:)

pkdoll
09-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Wiz it's up to you but she has always been our little Princess and an angel from above.

O2BNGdHope
09-24-2008, 07:32 AM
WE know she's an angel AND a princess but Wiz said original.......like a pea in a pod or a tube of toothpaste or something. Come on folks! Who's got a great idea? Personally I like the flower idea. Paint her face brown and make her a sunflower! Or yellow and make her a daffodil! Hmmmmm........original at her age is so limited............what's something you'd have to carry.........maybe dress her like a teddy bear and whoever's going to carry her should dress in pajamas. Or for the flower idea, someone dress as a bee. OOOOOH! I just saw a baby stroller dressed up like a John Deere tractor and the baby was a farmer. You could dress up the stroller somehow, too. Ok. Maybe that's getting carried away a little bit..........

MommaBird
09-24-2008, 09:46 AM
How old is Emily? Old enough to get a vote?

crops2dawn
09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I think she should be an oyster....why an oyster you might be saying??? LOL Cause she reminds me of a pearl....so pure and truly precious! Now how you go about making that is beyond me, I aint no sewer! LOL

Pick....your son being Saturn is priceless.... get some styrofoam and hoola hoops and WALA...SATURN! LOL

*eng*
09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Now that's a challenge, making such a cutie cuter! :)

sacannon
09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I think she should be an oyster....why an oyster you might be saying??? LOL Cause she reminds me of a pearl....so pure and truly precious! Now how you go about making that is beyond me, I aint no sewer! LOL

Pick....your son being Saturn is priceless.... get some styrofoam and hoola hoops and WALA...SATURN! LOL

Coppy, you sure have a way with words! And thruthful too!

pkdoll
09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Boy I sure would love to see her make an oyster costume. How challenging is that??! hahaha! But I love the reasoning behind it. Perfect!

crops2dawn
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL All in favor of OYSTER COSTUME say I....hahahaha I I I I
come on Wiz, you can do it! You can do anything!!!!!! ;)

sacannon
09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Just noticed I put Coppy rather than Croppy above, sorry about that. IIIIIIII of course I can't wait to see what the costume would look like.... hahaha

wolvsie35
09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Love the idea of an oyster...My first thought would be an angel..But if you want to be original...I would make her into a dove...I think a dove symbolizes everything about her...But this is just an idea...LOL...Love ya GF!!!! :D

O2BNGdHope
09-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Aye! You could make the stroller the oyster shell and she's the pearl inside! Great idea, Crops!

crops2dawn
09-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I cant wait til Wiz check this thread....she is gonna laugh her butt off....and now she has got to make a OYSTER Costume.....hahahahahahhahahaha I want pictures!!!!!!!! :D:D

jazzieal
09-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Well I would say angel but thats not original so I go with either the teddy bear pajama idea or the oyster..you could get some poster paper and made 2 little shells and staple them together and put her inside..or put the two shells on either side of the stroller..oyster part is up to you LOL

mswizard
09-28-2008, 07:39 AM
OMAGOSH! You gals aren't askin for much are ya? An OYSTER!?!? And just WHOM is going to do all this sewing, painting and construction work? lol It is a great Idea...so I started designing ...I came up with this: We can't stroll her in a stroller just yet because her neck just isn't quite strong enough BUT we did and do plan on taking her out in her front carrier. If I can figure out a way to attach the two shells to it and buy her a white sleeper and cap that I can glitter.....it just might work!~ but her daddy is STILL insisting she's going as a princess...now mikki wants her to be TINK...Here's my plan:D:
Ian has a Halloween parade at school, I can put Boo in her oyster costume for that (we dress up too) and Daddy can take his little princess out later for trick or treating!

crops2dawn
09-28-2008, 01:11 PM
You just better get tons of photos... I cant wait to see this!!! LOL

nanwu
09-29-2008, 04:35 AM
i think she should be dressed as a sweet piece of candy.....after all she is as sweet as candy in my eye's. She will be gorgeous no matter what she is dressed up as

O2BNGdHope
10-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Ok, Only one day to go! Who won the argument? Is she a princess or a pearl? Or is she just as sweet as candy?

angelwithin
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
have you decided what she is going to be yet????

nanwu
10-30-2008, 07:56 AM
can't wait to find out what Emily is dressed as

sacannon
10-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I was just thinking about this yesterday! c'mon Wiz, let us know!

eye
10-30-2008, 04:32 PM
pretty please tell us.i can't wait to see her.

Smile
10-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Ok someone help me out here.......first off all why is the month showing the 9th when it is the 10th...????...Is it just showing that on my page??? Or is this an old post???? And if not when did Jazz get back????...And am I the only one having da-ja-vu...????....didn't this same thing happen last year with Emmy..???? But I can't remember what she went as last year........Please someone tell me that I am not loosing it and if I am I swear I will never hang out with Eye again..........click on picture

mswizard
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
lmao smile...you just made a really bad week better:) I'm in the middle of getting kids ready to go. I am taking pics and hopefully if my camera cooperates video tonight. I'll post the pics later tonight when (IF) it gets quiet:eek: HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!

sacannon
10-31-2008, 09:11 PM
So I guess we have to wait and see the pictures....Oh the suspense!!!

eye
11-01-2008, 01:13 PM
and wait:D

crops2dawn
11-01-2008, 08:57 PM
HELLOOOOO WIZZZZZZ.... are ya home..... I am waiting to see this!!!!!!!!

O2BNGdHope
11-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Boy, that was sure a LO-O-O-O-N-N-N-G-G Halloween. Still waiting here...........

nanwu
11-03-2008, 08:08 AM
still waiting...................

sacannon
11-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Enquiring minds want to know! LOL

NanaC95565
11-03-2008, 12:51 PM
lol and waiting and waiting, gee I wonder if she is ever going to show us....

mswizard
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
lol...sorry guys...I misplaced the cord to my camera and I can't remember where I put it:rolleyes: as soon as I find it, I'll get her pics up;)

eye
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
lol...sorry guys...I misplaced the cord to my camera and I can't remember where I put it:rolleyes: as soon as I find it, I'll get her pics up;)

ha ha you sound like me:D

crops2dawn
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
ahhhhh, the waiting continues.....she will be married before we see these pics!!

mswizard
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Seriously...this week has been the PITS..well last week. DSS showed up at my door on Tuesday someone turned us in for child abuse...funny I know. guy kept asking me if I had been fighting with anyone in my family and I told him..NO...cuz I haven't...till after he left and I realized....I had told marks daughter not to darken my doorstep again and Mark disowned her..long story short..she was supposed to babysit for a weekend, wanted to bring a "friend" who just happens to smoke crack (her brother told me) I said NO...she didn't show up..second time she had done it to us...so naturally, I couldn't sleep for crap Tuesday..got to bed at 4:30...woke up at twenty to 5...thought my house was on fire...my porch was glowing like a christmas tree...so...I jump out of bed, heart pumping like crazy, go to run out to see and *SMACK* right into the door buck...broke my arm. I had blown out all my candles before I went to bed...one had re-lit somehow...no fire just a lit candle..so that ticked me off! waited till Thursday t go to hospital, wouldn't let them put a cast on..I can't have a usless right arm..not with 2 babies and a hellion 5 yr old running me ragged..so they gave me drugs..lol. DSS ended up talking to all of Emmy's therapists and they all told him it was all 'BS...THEN...Ian's school has been calling me for 4 or 5 weeks..he's got a rash..come get him..or let him stay home tomorrow..so last week I kept him out all week..rash went away...sent him to school today and he comes home looking like a lepper. I take him to urgent care..Doctor comes to the conclusion that...SCHOOL is giving him the rash...some kind of nervous thing!!! Cost me $135 for them to tell me what I already knew but I DID get a note from the doc telling the school nurse that he should stay in school and to quit sending him home.

OMG! almost forgot...Emily is standing up! she pulls herself up in her crib now..I'm so excited:D She has 6 teeth now but still sticks her tongue out all the time.
OK off to find my camera cord now!

sacannon
11-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow, So sorry to hear all the bad things going on, but elated about Em! That's wonderful! Can't wait to see the pics, we are still in suspense on what she was for Halloween!

pkdoll
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Liz so sorry to hear about your woes. What a rotten thing for someone to do!! Hope your son can overcome the nervous reaction to school soon. WOOHOOO! Emmy is standing. Great news! Take care of yourself and get us the pictures when you can. Like maybe by tomorrow!!hahahaha! just kidding. Do take care of yourself!

nanwu
11-04-2008, 03:40 AM
wow...what a horrible things to do...I know how you feel (had something similar happen to my family when my kids were little...It really tears you up)

O2BNGdHope
11-04-2008, 08:44 AM
What a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE thing to do.................not telling us what Emily was for Halloween. Shame on you keeping us in suspense like this! LOL! Just kiddding. What a terrible thing for Mark's daughter to do! But that's the problem with young people today. They use what should be a good program to their own advantage. My teens used to threaten me with that very thing when I'd punish them. ANd your poor arm! What a horrible week you've had! Surely this week will be better. Keep your chin up! And come on, already. What was Emily?

crops2dawn
11-04-2008, 04:50 PM
What a bad mother you are....I can't believe you wouldnt let your kids around crack heads!!!!!!! Then you make your son a nervous wreck so he breaks out into a rash, could it be from crack?????? LMAO......
Try to keep smiling... I know its hard, but you'll get through this!! I promise!!!!!! I went down this road not to long ago myself and I was floored!!! I thought I was the only one going though this, but to my surprise, there are soooo many people going through it too! Sooo dont worry, that report will come back unfounded!!!! It's just going through the process that makes it sooooo frustrating!!!
Ok, I will let ya slide on the photo....FOR NOW......
but ya gotta tell us......WHAT WAS EMMY for trick or treating?????

and dont say a crackhead!!! HAHAHAHA

O2BNGdHope
11-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Oh, Crops. You "crack" me up! LOL!

wolvsie35
11-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Sorry to hear all this Liz, that's the last thing you need to deal with...Let me know if you need anything...I'm here...:D

mswizard
11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry guys, for now the only pics I can give ya are the ones I took with my 35mm. My computer for some reason won't read the usb cord for my camera. I'm working on it! These pics were taken when everyone was getting dressed to go. I'll post the ones with her wings on and hair done as soon as I figure out what the problem is..anyway, you can all see who won:(

crops2dawn
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I guess it wasnt me.....LOL I dont see no oyster costume...hahahahaha

But she sure fits the part of a little princess!!! She's ADORABLE Wiz!!!!! Thanks for sharing these... I love seeing how she is growing up!

O2BNGdHope
11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
It's little Miss Tinkerbell!!!! Isn't she sweet?

lila2002
11-14-2008, 03:37 AM
ah look at the little fairy princess.
she's so cute.

eye
11-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Sorry guys, for now the only pics I can give ya are the ones I took with my 35mm. My computer for some reason won't read the usb cord for my camera. I'm working on it! These pics were taken when everyone was getting dressed to go. I'll post the ones with her wings on and hair done as soon as I figure out what the problem is..anyway, you can all see who won:(

Awe she is beautiful and my she has grown.Luv her costume.Now you know you should have got your arm fix as you may run into problems down the line.You must take care of yourself.
I feel bad as we know you are the besta mum.Teenagers geesh.Now I always said to mine remember yah got to come back home and I will make your life miserable ha ha.The strangest thing I think they believed me:D.So you pay no attention to her and it is best to keep her away from your children.Who knows this dude may have her doing crack.Bad stuff.But hey we love yah here and I can always pick out the bad and you are a star in my Eyes.xo.A true friend.:D

twpclerk
11-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Oh, I am just catching up with this thread, it has been so funny and sad. I'm sorry for everything you are going through and Emmy is adorable. She sure is growing up sweet!! Hang in there, as they say, "This too will pass".
Sure hope it passes quickly for you. Like Eye said, don't forget to take care of yourself too!!

sacannon
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Awe, she is adorable in her costume! And look at her sitting there so pretty!

Marion
11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Woooohhooooo I won, She's a little princess! Very cute!!!!!

Smile
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Wizard she is so beautiful. Those eyes are amazing. My how time fly's. I sure wish I were there to watch her growing. Even with all the set backs she has had look at her now. Sending lots of hugs and kisses her way. Wiz you are one fantastic mom........xoxox........and yes give time for yourself and that man of yours.

nanwu
11-15-2008, 09:19 AM
omg Emily makes the cutest little tinkerbell, i bet everyone was just gooing over her. Wow wiz she sure is growing!

Scrappyfrog
11-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Smile said it...her eyes are absolutely GORGEOUS! Course, the rest of her is just way too cute...that outfit....she made me smile big (I get to go to bed very happy! Thanks for the pics!)