PDA

View Full Version : An Update From Onie

OnieRN
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, in some ways, things are slowing down but in other ways, they're not.

It looks like the sale of the house fell through! :( Not sure what happened but the buyers did not follow through! I start my new job next Monday.......... YIPPY!

Got a brief 3 minute phone call from my son, Josh, last Thursday and he said he was "great" and "having a blast"! I've never heard basic training described like that before. Haven't heard from him since! I know that is to be expected, so I'm not worried! I'm just being a mom!

My brother is still having issues. He sounds stronger but the infection is still a problem. They are transferring him to U.C.L.A. Medical Center, second opinion and possible more surgery. My parents are going back over to California, within the next couple of days. They have no car and funds are limited, so it will be interesting to see how this works out. I understand how they need to be there with Frank. My poor mom keeps breaking down in tears. In the mean time, my brother Mike (who lives with my parents) have some medical issues too. They found a "spot" on his lung and is currently undergoing test.

Do keep us in your prayers!

Onie

Marion
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Goodness, if it is not one thing, it's another. I hope things eventually will calm down for you Onie!

sacannon
09-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow, you sure have had to deal with a lot this year, sure hope things get better!

eye
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh Onie.You have had a rough year.God Bless you xo

Winnie49
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Sweetie ! Glad to know you will begin soo soon to work!!!!
But iam sorry to hear about your mom, a moms heart never commita mistake, hope she is ok seeing your brother in another medical center with another opinion and attention, it will work ok God always give us a hand and sometimes two to do the correct thing!
You know we love you and you and your family is in our prayers
baci bella
wendy

wolvsie35
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Onie,
I think we should start the Never Ending Club...Huh? I wish you and your family all the luck in the world...Including best wishes...You deserve good things from here on out...Good luck on the new job too...((HUGS))

MaggieMae
09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Onie, things have to get better soon! At the very least, I hope your new job goes well!!

crops2dawn
09-15-2008, 06:47 PM
The house fell through cause someone with more money is gonna come along and buy it!!! Gotta think possitive Onie!
Good luck with the job! And it goes without saying that everyone will continue to pray for you and your family!

mswizard
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Sending HUGE hugs and prayers your way Onie! HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGE!

pkdoll
09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Onie so sorry to hear of the failed sale of the house. But like Crops said someone will be there to buy it. Hope everything turns out well for both your brothers medical issues. I hope you are taking care of yourself as well. Praying that things start to look up very sooooonn!

OnieRN
09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Tonight, John and I started bowling again, on a league here. We enjoy bowling and it's a good outlet from all the other issues in life. I know I need to start having fun again!

I remember BJ (before John), my life was so boring and in such a rutt.......... It's diffently not been boring since John! He's coming along with his Cardiac Rehab and is starting to gain more energy! He's even starting to joke around again and make me laugh again.

I love you all!

O2BNGdHope
09-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Keep your spirits up, Onie. We're all praying for you!

Granny
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
He sure is a nice guy, Onie. Both Dan and I liked him a lot. You make a great couple, and I'm delighted you're starting to have fun again!

Marion
09-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Glad you are having some fun again!

*eng*
09-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Qnie , keep smiling, glad things are looking up a little x :)

wolvsie35
09-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Just keep out of the gutters..lol..<wink> Glad to hear things are getting better and your out doing things...((HUGS))