PDA

View Full Version : HELP! The Changing of the Guard

mswizard
09-09-2008, 10:27 PM
OK...While in Washington, I used the video on my camera and taped the changing of the guard. Problem is...I had to do it while holding my arm straight out...it got tired and the video is in like 6 different pieces. Question is this...HOW do I splice them all together to make them one movie without having to go through a bunch of BS?

OH! I almost forgot to tell you...I was also in witness to a full honor military funeral...that had all of us crying our eyes out. We all got pictures and it wasn't till I put my camera down that I realized what I had done...so I chased after the family and told them what I had done and Apologized a million and one times..I just wasn't thinking....The family told me that it was wonderful that our school children got to witness it and that they hoped they were old enough to learn a lesson from it and then asked me if i would please send them copies of the pics I had taken....I sent them all 87 of them!
I still have over 1200 photos to go through...about 300 of them are film photos I'm still looking for the right kits and papers to scrap them all though.

*eng*
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Lovely story wiz :)

Marion
09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow, what a experience! I am glad the picture taken of the family turned out to be such a positive experience!

mswizard
09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Well I didn't take any of the Family...too personal (at least I had enough class and sense enough not to lol) all my pics are of the band, the guards, the horse drawn hearse (Which was so amazingly beautiful to behold) and the family vehicles that followed...this photo is the eternal flame at JFK's Tomb...I gotta get on my other computer to get the rest of the pics..brb lol

MommaBird
09-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Very nice pic. Glad you have pictures of your memories. As for the videos, you may have Windows Movie Maker. Look under All Programs - Accessories - Entertainment. This may allow you to do what you want. And depending on what software you have, you may be able to stitch them together in something else as well.

mswizard
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm back and here are a few of the pics I took in Arlington.

crops2dawn
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
WOW you got some really good pictures! Cant wait to see more!

Marion
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Awesome pics Liz!

sacannon
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Arlington Cemetery and Washington is awesome, we were there last year and want to go back. We covered a lot of ground in a day, so we want to spend more time there next time and not be so rushed. It was great that you got to experience all of that, you are going to have one heck of an album when you are through with that many pics!

eye
09-11-2008, 06:39 AM
You did a great job on the photos.

fourfoxes
09-11-2008, 06:46 AM
You're a classy lady! Those are great photos. Arlington is a very special place. I've been there a few times but never witnessed an event like this. The changing of the guard is amazing to watch so I'm sure seeing this was even more intense. I get "goose bumps" just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing this with us! God Bless our troops and our vets!

makeyesup
09-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Super that you were able to be a part of the funeral there along with all the other solemn and amazing parts of Arlington. I also filmed the changing of the guard when I was there last Spring. I think my arem was number for hours after trying to hold it out and steady for the entire changing. It is a magnificent site to see.

pkdoll
09-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Wow Wiz! These are great! I'm sorry I can't help you with splicing the videos together-never did that. But I am loving your pics.