PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help with my pictures

jamiejeffers70@gmail.com
08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Ok, here's my dilemma. I have a digital 10 mp camera. I have them devloped at Wal-Mart and they are sharp and crystal clear.
I just got into digital scrapbooking, so I'm still learning. I made a scrapbook page, but when I printed it myself, the pictures were grainy and blurred looking. So I thought since Wal-Mart did a better job at printing my photo's, I let them try to print a page for me. Well, the pictures were still grainy and blurred.
I have figured out it has to be something when I'm making my page. Is there some setting I need to change that might affect my photo quality? I know they are clear, sharp pictures because my originals look great, just when I do a scrapbook page on Scrapbook Max, the picture quality is terrible.

Any suggestions ? Just through the matter of elimination, I'm sure it has to do when I'm creating my page....but what ?

Thank You !!

Nancy Drew

O2BNGdHope
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
After your page is done and your are ready to publish your image, are you saving it at highest quality? When you click File, Publish to, Images a box pops up letting you change the quality. Be sure to scroll down so you see the whole box. That's the only thing I can think of.

Carena
08-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi - You might also like to check which setting your page format is on before you start your page in SBM.
I do everything at 12 inch size and 300 dpi however the kit that you are using also needs to be the same quality. You can't take 8 inch paper and stretch to 12 inch without loss of quality and that also applies to the dpi.

Even like photos if you take a 4x6 photo and enlarge to 8x12 you will see the difference and it starts to appear grainy etc.
Hope this helps also - besides the publishing already mentioned - go for the highest possible.