PDA

View Full Version : Printing 12x12 page gets cut off at edges.

nerosnow
08-18-2008, 01:18 AM
I am trying to print 12x12 pages on my Epson 1400 Photo printer using Epson Scrapbooking Paper in Matte. When I print preview, everything shows up. But when I print, the edges are cut off by about 1/2 inch or so. This means some of the embelishments are cut off. Everything prints right up to the edge of the paper, but it's as if it is not scaled properly and part of the page is missing towards each paper edge. I am changing the page size from 8x8 to 12x12 before printing. When I set print properties, I choose 12x12 and I have tried choosing: Fit to Page and also Shrink Large Pages. Any suggestions?

KPierce
08-18-2008, 05:18 AM
I have that exact printer and I don't have that problem except I don't use Epson paper. I set my paper source to sheet, type to presentation paper matte and then size is 12 x 12. I print at Photo Quality rather than BestPhoto because I do not see a difference. However the only pages I have printed so far was with a border. I have not tried borderless yet. With borderless you will lose a little bit and need to compensate but it is not a large area. With the border prints my margins are perfectly even.

I recently returned my HP9800 printer because I could not get even margins and found this to be a known problem. For framing it is much easier if the margins are even.

nerosnow
08-18-2008, 07:32 AM
What kind of paper do you use? I notice a huge quality difference when I use just plain white 12x12 paper versus the Epson Scrapbook paper. The Epson is much better quality for the photos.

KPierce
08-18-2008, 08:50 AM
I get my paper from www.ultrafineonline.com (http://www.ultrafineonline.com) Same shipping cost regardless of how many packs you order so I order a lot in one order.

gtravis54
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I also have an Epson printer. It does the same thing as yours. I have learned to allow about 1/4 inch all around the page so it won't ruin the edges. If you print with a border it is about a 1/8 inch border and the whole page will show without adjustments. It doesn't make much sense, but that's the way it works.:rolleyes:

KPierce
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
For borderless printing I think all printers will lose some of the edge <they tell you that when you choose borderless each time at the printer level> but are you saying this printer will lose more than normally accepted?

I guess I better go try printing borderless. I might be returning another printer.

nerosnow
08-19-2008, 06:31 AM
What is the name of the paper you buy at Ultrafine? I'm wondering if the Epson paper is part of the problem. It seems smaller in size (even though it says 12x12) than my other papers that I use for regular scrapbooking.

KPierce
08-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I buy the 50 pack of the Ultrafine Digital Scrapbook Paper. It is Bright White, 11.5 Mil thick and acid free, lignin free and buffered. Coated on both sides. I have printed on both sides. It is matte. They also sell on ebay.

http://store.ultrafineonline.com/uldiscpafor1.html