PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Pictures

ryansmom66
07-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm scanning a few pictures to my computer using my scanner, but when I save the picture I can't get rid of the white background that comes along with it. I thought saving it as a .png file would fix this, but it didn't. Saving it as a .jpeg files doesn't work either. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

mh51
07-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I don't know if it's possible to scan in png. format... like you, I would love to know if it can be done... let's wait & see if anyone comes along with any ideas..............
waiting... tapping fingers.....!!!!!

OnieRN
07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
I always get the white backgrounds around my pictures! I do several things............. I will crop it out, when I'm using it or I will crop it and then save the crop image.

grannywin
07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Are you talking about the white background in a photo or a white edge to the photo? The white edge is removed before the actual scan but adjusting the border lines. The white background cannot be removed with a scan. You need a graphics program to do that and then save it as a png file.

mh51
07-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Are you talking about the white background in a photo or a white edge to the photo? The white edge is removed before the actual scan but adjusting the border lines. The white background cannot be removed with a scan. You need a graphics program to do that and then save it as a png file.

YEP... that's what I thought... too good to be true that a scan could to that LOL...

Helen Miller
07-20-2008, 04:46 PM
save them as jpeg, then use Gimp??????
Mickey

mariet
07-20-2008, 04:52 PM
yes you will save as a jpeg then go into Gimp and save as a png