X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KaciB04
    • Jul 2008

New to Scrapbooking :)

Hi my name is Kaci and im new to scrapbooking, i do have a questions for all of you.I have started making pages,but i use shutterfly to make my photobooks. Is there anyway to transfer the pages over?? Please help!!!! going crazy trying to figure it out...

Thank You,
    KaciB04
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

I'm not very technical, but I have made some Shutterfly books.

First you create your page (duh!) in a size that they publish (such as 8x8);

Then do what I forgot to do the first time - check around the edges of your layout to make sure nothing important is at the edge of the layout. Having just your background color is perfect - no journaling or embies, etc. Shutterfly cuts off some of the layout when they bind the book.

Then go to File, publish, image. Keep the size and image quality high. (This is the difference from when you are publishing to upload to galleries. You'll want full size and quality for your books.)

Your layouts are now a single layer photograph instead of multiple layers.

Scrapbook Max! is under My Documents. Go there and you will see Projects (layered), Published Files, and Templates. When you upload to Shutterfly you will go to Published Files, Your Album Name, Images, and then the layouts. Upload them and Shutterfly will do the rest.

Hope this helps.

Julie
    Julie

Comment

• crunchymountainmomma
      • Jul 2008

Ok did I read this right? There's a place I can get to print and bind these pages of mine?? Tell me more please!

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

Shutterfly makes photo books that are really nice! If you just want Shutterfly to print your layouts - you need to make your layouts in standard sizes - 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10 - either horizontal or vertical - then publish them to images at high quality and large size and then upload the published files to Shutterfly. Hope this helps.
        Julie

Comment

• KaciB04
          • Jul 2008

Thank You

Thank You maggie May for you help ....

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

I use Shutterfly to publish memory books. I like their work. In fact, I'm working on a book now that is from my 35th HS reunion "Cruise". I've done a lot of books now and have learned a lot about how to make them right and to avoid mistakes, cause I already made the mistakes.......LOL

You can do the default 8x8 layouts (or other sizes). I discovered the square books turn out the best. In making a book, select 1 picture (layout) per page, then pick the template that fills up the entire page. If you use some of their custom pages/templates, you might cut off stuff from you layouts. Their custom pages/templates are great if you only want to use pictures that are not in a scrapbook page layout. Those individual pictures can be cropped out.

Bottom line......... All of my layout pages are put on full page square sized pages. You know how you take lots of pictures and you don't want to scrap them all? Those extra pictures are good for Shutterfly's (or other company) predesigned templates.

Hope this helps.
            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
            !

nie

Comment

Working...
            X