PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH POP UP Ads

OnieRN
07-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Got a question....... are any of you having problems with various scrapbook ads poppin up when your on SBM forum? I have noticed them in the past several days and it is really bugging me.

MaggieMae
07-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I haven't noticed them here, Onie, but I've had weird ads come up that I haven't clicked on when I'm surfing. In fact, once today one took over and told me to use Vista Scanning because I had a spyware ad. I don't even have Vista. It's been weird!!

Moonbeam
07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I have a spyware dectector on my computer that stops all those annoying pop ups ( spyware doctor)

Vanessa
07-12-2008, 01:35 AM
I absolutely hate spyware and pop-up ads. Such a waste of time having to keep on closing them down. My computer is covered by AVG's search shield and Comodo's safe surf options and I also use Spywareblaster. A bit of overkill perhaps, but I don't get those niggling little windows appear anymore and spyware insertions just do not happen.

angelwithin
07-12-2008, 03:52 AM
i never get any from max so it sounds like you've picked up a spyware cookie from another site

you can download Spybot Search & Destroy (http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?hhTest=1) and that removes most of them - its a free program too - bonus! i use it weekly (with AVG & Antivir) and never get pop ups but if i do get any i just run spybot and they stop

OnieRN
07-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I found that little bugger! Yes, I picked up something and it installed it self. It kept bringing up ads for other scrapbook sites in the box.