PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load in my picture

Kiah
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I just downloaded SBM this morning. I started to work on a page and when I clicked on the picture to put it on my page the below came up.
"Failed to add file c:\users\owner\pictures\2008-06-12 Eva 6 mo. to resource
Load image failed"

I must have something wrong on my PC's "picture page" or I am not doing something right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to find help from the search box - but no luck. Thank you.

autisticwonder
06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Are these images in jpg or png format??

Kiah
06-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Autistic, There in jpg. Thanks for your response.

autisticwonder
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Do you have VISTA?? or Windows XP?? or other??

Kiah
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I have Vista - just new. Last night I was trying a few things and discovered it would load images and a baby picture I had saved from an email but it does not load the pictures I have scanned in.
Isn't that strange. They are Jpg. just like the others (that do load) in my Windows Photo Gallery. I wonder what I did wrong? Thanks again for your help.

autisticwonder
07-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I have Vista - just new. Last night I was trying a few things and discovered it would load images and a baby picture I had saved from an email but it does not load the pictures I have scanned in.
Isn't that strange. They are Jpg. just like the others (that do load) in my Windows Photo Gallery. I wonder what I did wrong? Thanks again for your help.

I've been having all kinds of trouble with learning VISTA..but thank goodness..Donna Roe...aka:Stitches..designer also in Max store.. just walked me through the authorization problem I've been having..

Since Desmond doesn't typically get involved in operating systems....you will not get much help from him..This is a VISTA thing..

Have you gotten the new service pack 1 for VISTA?? that may help with some problems..It is add on upgrade..no cost..

I found my pictures were uploading to Windows picture section even when I said otherwise.. Check your PICTURES section by going to the microsoft tab (program tab thingie)..Go to computer section..Upper left hand corner click on Pictures and see if you can find what you are looking for and where they have designated it to..

Vista uses a DROP and drag system of opening the computer section touching only the little triangles..to locate where you want to drop to...To drop in..simply click on the located item so you have it in your window..Then using only the little triangles go to place where you want the pictures to be found..Then grap your window item and drag to the folder you want it to go..make sure you get + sign..copy and right folder listed..Then go back to Max and see if you can access it from your pictures section..

Lots more to tell you but this is alot already..you may need to call me and walk you through it!!

HUGS SWEETIE!! GOOD LUCK!!

Kiah
07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. It has been a few days since your message but I have not been ignoring your instructions. I just don't want to bother you all the time so I have been experimenting trying to get the pictures to load into the layout and I have been looking on several forums looking to see if anyone else has my problem. I can't find anyone else who does! Service pack 1 was installed when I got the PC. Here's what I have tried:
1. When SBM templatcomes up, I double click to insert picture. It immediately goes to "Select Photo" page where my little images are saved (that I can use in emails,etc.) and the pictures that I scanned in are. These pictures were scanned in by my scanner not a digital camera. I click on the picture I want to insert, ok, but my pictures (scanned in) will not insert into template/LO. It does work to insert images that were saved as "save picture as". When I click on one of the pictures the message comes up "Failed to add file C:\users\owner\pictures\Eva 6 mo. to resource. Load image failed".
2. When SBM template comes up I double click to insert picture as above and when the "Select Photo" page comes up I ignore it and click on start, Document, Document and "owner document" page comes up. All pictures and images come up as before, I click "pictures" left side, click on the picture I want, then click on "explore" on above tool bar, THEN the picture comes up in the SBM drag and drop assistant page!
This seems like a lot of steps to get a picture to a template/LO.
3. I've also gone to start, programs, window photo gallery, and tried to drag the picture from there into template but that does not work at all.

My pictures are loading in the proper place I think (select photo page) but when I double click to load a picture into the template the problem is getting the picture there. They are Jpg.'s

I know this is very long but wanted to give you a good explanation of what is wrong and what I've tried. I already have my CD from SBM and am excited to use it but . . . Just so you know - you're "hugs sweetie and good luck" on your last message to me kept me going! Thank you, thank you.

Karin
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi Kiah,

Just so you know - I'm looking into this error message. Will hopefully have an answer/solution for you tomorrow.

Just to clarify, in Step 1. - the "litte images" you refer to are in fact .jpg format? In other words, you are double-clicking on the photo placeholder in the template, and browsing to a place on your desktop where .jpg images are stored?

Karin :)

Desmond
07-08-2008, 09:15 AM
From the error message you posted:

C:\users\owner\pictures\Eva 6 mo. to resource.

... it looks like Scrapbook MAX! may be having troubles with your file name. What is that picture actually called (ie is it Eva 6 mo.jpg) -- including the extension.

Can you try renaming the picture and remove the '.' from the file name? If that doesn't work, remove spaces as well (ie name the picture test.jpg and see what happens).

Thanks!
Desmond.

Kiah
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Karin, Thanks for your reply. Yes, the images are .jpg and when I double click to insert a picture the Select Photo page comes up with all my pictures and images in it. Just like it's suppose to - I think :-)
I just can't get the pictures to insert into the photo spot in the template. When I click on the picture and click ok - that's when I get the error message. I can't believe I'm causing everyone so much trouble! Sorry.

Kiah
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
From the error message you posted:

... it looks like Scrapbook MAX! may be having troubles with your file name. What is that picture actually called (ie is it Eva 6 mo.jpg) -- including the extension.

Can you try renaming the picture and remove the '.' from the file name? If that doesn't work, remove spaces as well (ie name the picture test.jpg and see what happens).

Thanks!
Desmond.

Desmond, Thank you so much for the suggestions. This is what I've tried with the name under the picture and renaming it various ways.
2008-6-25 Eva 6 mo old.jpg
2008-6-25 Eva 6 mo old jpg (no dot)
Eva 6 mo old.jpg
Eva6moold.jpg
test.jpg
None of the above worked. I am certainly open to any other suggestions. I am still working off the SBM that was downloaded. I now have my CD and I'm wondering if it would make any difference to uninstall the downloaded version and reinstall off the CD? I don't really think it would make any difference but I am running out of ideas to try. I think that means I'm getting desperate. :-) Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Kiah

Desmond
07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Can you email me your image? (the exact file you're having troubles with) -- i'll try to duplicate that error you're receiving here -- that'll tell us if it's a 'your computer' issue, or an issue with our software.

YOu can email me herE:

desmond [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com

Thanks,
Desmond.