PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, I've not seen this printing ? adressed

blestmomma
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Hello Friends!

I'm printing on 8.5 by 11 on my home printer. I have been doing the 8x8, but I just don't like all the "ugly" extra white paper. Even if I cut it by hand and add a nice background, I'd still rather have it fill up the WHOLE piece of paper.

So....is there any way to make my scrapbook page FILL THE ENTIRE SHEET OF 8.5 by 11? I like to use landscape when I print. :)

I've gone through so many sheets of paper trying and experimenting, but now I'm thinking this is just not an option.

And yes, I did read the printing instructions in the help file, but if it's there, I probably don't understand (I'm not too smart with computer lingo.)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!:confused::)

O2BNGdHope
06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
In your SBM tool bar at top go to Page>settings and click the size tab at top. Change your size to 8.5 wide by 11 long and each page in that scrapbook will be that same size. You should design your pages in that size but, if they are already done and you change the page size, it will ask you if you want SBM to adjust the elements to the new page size.

SBM defaults to 8 x 8 for every scrapbook you create so you will have to change the sizes each and every time you start a new scrapbook but every page after that should stay that same size.

MaggieMae
06-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I probably don't have the right answer because I like 8.5 x 11 and just leave the white edge, but perhaps your printer has a full-bleed option which would then print to the edges. It might be worth checking. :) Also, I do lots of 8x8 albums - it does waste paper but after I cut it to 8x8 and put it in a pretty 8x8 album I really like it. It's easy to store and handle. There are oodles of albums that size because it's so popular. Hope this might help.

O2BNGdHope
06-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh yes, you might have to go to your printer preferences and click on "print borderless". I have to do that on my printer when I make note cards.

blestmomma
06-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Thank you Ladies....

I appreciate your help. I printed out what you said and when the children go to sleep tonight I'll start scraping! I'll let you know how it turns out and what I did.

Thank you again! :)

Shannon:):):)

Carena
06-19-2008, 07:32 PM
You can of course fill the bottom area of the page with other photos etc if you don't want to waste the photo paper. It's quiet good for wallet photos, key rings etc.

CrystalInMinn
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I use the extra space for photos or make bookmarks as well